Oshawa Generals 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I will be

Gens unveil their new, NHL level dressing room this week. Their old dressing room was easily top 3 in the OHL, so I can't even imagine how nice this new one is going to be

How exactly did you quantity top 3 easily? You’ve been in them all?

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
How exactly did you quantity top 3 easily? You’ve been in them all?

I think the word you're looking for is "quantify".....

But yes, I've been in the majority of them. And I've been in a handful of NHL rooms and the Gens room (old room now) was very impressive.

Brand new shooting simulator to practice shooting, large turf area to stretch/warmup. Hot tub/cold tub that can switch from one to the other in 10 seconds. Another large room with all treadmills/bikes to warmup/cool down. Two separates rooms with TVs/xbox's/playstations to chill before/after games. A large 20-30 seat movie theatre room with all leather chairs where they watch film (or can also just watch regular movies on off-days). And then a huge dressing room that looks very professional (this a pic when it was first opened several years ago)

To answer your next question (before you ask it), Saginaw Spirit and Flint Firebirds

Attachments

• Gens Droom.jpg
    Gens Droom.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I think the word you're looking for is "quantify".....

But yes, I've been in the majority of them. And I've been in a handful of NHL rooms and the Gens room (old room now) was very impressive.

Brand new shooting simulator to practice shooting, large turf area to stretch/warmup. Hot tub/cold tub that can switch from one to the other in 10 seconds. Another large room with all treadmills/bikes to warmup/cool down. Two separates rooms with TVs/xbox's/playstations to chill before/after games. A large 20-30 seat movie theatre room with all leather chairs where they watch film (or can also just watch regular movies on off-days). And then a huge dressing room that looks very professional (this a pic when it was first opened several years ago)

To answer your next question (before you ask it), Saginaw Spirit and Flint Firebirds

Spellcheck!
Wow, sounds great. Just asked because I’ve heard the US teams have great rooms; plus there are some newer arenas

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Are they keeping their old one or has there been a complete redo?

Not sure. I didn't even know they were doing a new one until a couple days ago. Apparently that was their big off-season project

I assume the tease on twitter is one of the new rooms, for the retired numbers/alumni

Runner26

May 10, 2015
i thought that room was the new media room. Could be 100% wrong on that (and likely am) but thought i have read that on twitter.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Spellcheck!
Wow, sounds great. Just asked because I’ve heard the US teams have great rooms; plus there are some newer arenas

Saginaw just redid all their home stuff before last season. They did a walkthrough of it with Jenkins and Porco. Might not be top 5 or anthing (never been in another one) but its pretty nice. Im sure Oshawa's will be better in about every way, but at least worth a a look

Last edited:

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Hot tub/cold tub that can switch from one to the other in 10 seconds.
Would love to know the technology behind this. I think of a hot tub as 100 degrees plus and a cold tub as cold water with ice, going from one to the other in ten seconds would be pretty amazing (or I suppose extremely low tech, I.e. dumping a bunch of ice in but it doesn't sound like that's what you're describing).

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Would love to know the technology behind this. I think of a hot tub as 100 degrees plus and a cold tub as cold water with ice, going from one to the other in ten seconds would be pretty amazing (or I suppose extremely low tech, I.e. dumping a bunch of ice in but it doesn't sound like that's what you're describing).

No idea how it works, but they just put it in last off-season, along with the shooting simulator

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Saginaw just redid all their home stuff before last season. They did a walkthrough of it with Jenkins and Porco. Might not be top 5 or anthing (never been in another one) but its pretty nice. Im sure Oshawa's will be better in about every way, but at least worth a a look

Yeah the SAG facilities are really, really nice (not sure if you saw my list but I had OSH/SAG/FLNT as top 3)

Reactions: bcspragu

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Yeah the SAG facilities are really, really nice (not sure if you saw my list but I had OSH/SAG/FLNT as top 3)

Oh nice. I hadn't. Not sure why more teams dont spend money on facilities for the players. Not going to cure issues players have with teams. But one less thing perspective can complain about

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Oh nice. I hadn't. Not sure why more teams dont spend money on facilities for the players. Not going to cure issues players have with teams. But one less thing perspective can complain about

I've known a lot of players from different teams over the years and the locker room facilities have rarely been mentioned, good or bad. I don't think it's a priority for players at this level. Every team has the necessary training and workout equipment.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
I've known a lot of players from different teams over the years and the locker room facilities have rarely been mentioned, good or bad. I don't think it's a priority for players at this level. Every team has the necessary training and workout equipment.

Yeah. Probably depends on the player, because I have heard some positives and negatives definitely mentioned by players. To be fair not like a player is committing or not signing with a team solely due to how nice a locker room is, but the willingness of a team to spend money on the players is definitely a factor. Locker rooms and facilities are part of that.

Reactions: Finster8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad