Oshawa Generals 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Oh nice. I hadn't. Not sure why more teams dont spend money on facilities for the players. Not going to cure issues players have with teams. But one less thing perspective can complain about

100%. Its no coincidence that SAG puts a bunch of money into facilities and then Perfetti/Wilde/Jenkins etc all are convinced to commit after initially thinking they might not come. Makes it a whole lot easier to recruit

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
100%. Its no coincidence that SAG puts a bunch of money into facilities and then Perfetti/Wilde/Jenkins etc all are convinced to commit after initially thinking they might not come. Makes it a whole lot easier to recruit

I’m pretty sure Bolt Media did a mini documentary on the Gens this season, I’ll see if it’s on their YouTube. Roger, Studnicka, and Keyser were all interviewed in it and all commented on the facility and the resources provided to them. Maybe it’s not the deciding factor when choosing to play here, but it sure as hell satisfies the guys on the roster.

edit: Found it

Reactions: GeneralConversation

salming 21

Aug 8, 2019
I put this on twitter but I was looking at the rosters and Durham is really starting to produce some elite talent. Could have an all Durham roster of
F:
E.Keppen-T.Dellandrea-C.Perfetti
B.Coe-C.McMichael-J.Durham
B.Murray-C.Hillis-Q.Yule
E.Cardwell-D.Robinson-J.Winterton
Extras: C.Yetman, B.Othmann, R.Winterton, K.Bollers, C.McLean

D:
D.Chisholm-R.O’Rourke
J.Thompson-C.Kammerer

G:
Langevin

And that should continue to happen as next year will be the first really good Oshawa minor midget team in a while

Really? And i ask that sincerely. Oshawa Minor Midget wasn't good the entire time my own kid was in minor hockey - and he just finished minor midget. In the G, but we've seen who's been good and who hasn't over the years. I'd love to see Oshawa do well.

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
I’m pretty sure Bolt Media did a mini documentary on the Gens this season, I’ll see if it’s on their YouTube. Roger, Studnicka, and Keyser were all interviewed in it and all commented on the facility and the resources provided to them. Maybe it’s not the deciding factor when choosing to play here, but it sure as hell satisfies the guys on the roster.

edit: Found it

They just built the new room to accommodate all the big slow players ;)

salming 21

Aug 8, 2019
If you're Flint or Saginaw you really need a great room and all the bells and whistles. It's hard enough for them to get families to commit to those teams so they can't afford to skimp on any of the perihperal stuff. We just went through the draft and the jockeying that some of the higher picks do to end up where they want is pretty interesting. As much as they've been 'picked' by an OHL team they and their agents/advisors behave more like free agents than you might realize.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Really? And i ask that sincerely. Oshawa Minor Midget wasn't good the entire time my own kid was in minor hockey - and he just finished minor midget. In the G, but we've seen who's been good and who hasn't over the years. I'd love to see Oshawa do well.

Yeah Oshawa minor midget has been shit for a while now. This year they will be a top 10 team in the province though with a shot of being a top 5 team. Last year they were one of the better bantam teams and they added 3 forwards who should all score 20+ goals, 3 legit dman and a good another goalie. Their coach is a former NHL guy so it’s finally a destination people want to go

salming 21

Aug 8, 2019
Yeah Oshawa minor midget has been **** for a while now. This year they will be a top 10 team in the province though with a shot of being a top 5 team. Last year they were one of the better bantam teams and they added 3 forwards who should all score 20+ goals, 3 legit dman and a good another goalie. Their coach is a former NHL guy so it’s finally a destination people want to go
Sounds promising, i hope none of them bolted for Whitby as they sometimes do.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
owen.PNG
:thumbu: congrats Owen on the road to recovery, soon we will be watching do your magic in a Generals uniform :thumbu:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Sounds promising, i hope none of them bolted for Whitby as they sometimes do.

Oshawa is considerably better than Whitby this year for minor midget. The other big ETA team is Quinte, they were the best team last year. They have multiple 1st rounders

Last edited:

salming 21

Aug 8, 2019
Oshawa is considerably better than Whitby this year for minor midget. The other big ETA team is Quinte, they were the best team last year. They have multiple 1st rounders
Fingers crossed, I hope you're right. I've always thought that teams like Whitby and YSE have zones that are so large and have so many kids registered that it borders on being unfair. I've always thought Whitby should be split into two organizations. My son's home center was Markham and they could never keep kids in the zone because they can play for Ajax/Pickering, Richmond Hill, Markham or any team in the GTHL. Whitby never loses players.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
"Why do the Gens never have a problem with convincing the top players to come?"

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 1.26.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 1.26.45 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
  • Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 1.27.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 1.27.00 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
  • Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 1.27.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 1.27.08 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 1.27.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 1.27.12 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
  • Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 1.27.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 1.27.17 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
  • Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 1.27.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 1.27.27 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 3

GeneralConversation

Nov 1, 2018
Just in time for a memorial cup run. If the Gens get the bid you’ll be sure to have some players asking for trades here. A shot at a cup and pro atmosphere.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Players who were there yesterday for the opening: Antropov, Tullio, Neumann, Moore, Winterton, Resnick (and Owen Brady)

Another sign pointing to Resnick as the 3rd OA

sudburydinnerjacket

May 28, 2019

You must be a parent. Same team your building up lost in the first round of playoffs last year. They have zero chance of top 5 in province and top 10 is a massive long shot. They do have a fwd that will likely go in the top 40 along with a few others who have a shot at being drafted. Best mm team Oshawa has had in decades but not on the level you are saying.

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Players who were there yesterday for the opening: Antropov, Tullio, Neumann, Moore, Winterton, Resnick (and Owen Brady)

Another sign pointing to Resnick as the 3rd OA

He played well last year, but I guess it’s not that hard to improve on a 2 pt rookie season. He did have a really good playoffs though, so that’s promising. I just hope he gets 2 actual wingers this year instead of rotating cast of defencemen. He surprisingly meshed well with Blacker, but I would rather see an actual forward get in there.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
You must be a parent. Same team your building up lost in the first round of playoffs last year. They have zero chance of top 5 in province and top 10 is a massive long shot. They do have a fwd that will likely go in the top 40 along with a few others who have a shot at being drafted. Best mm team Oshawa has had in decades but not on the level you are saying.

They’ll be a top 3 ETA team. They’ve added a handful of good players after having a good team last year as well. Quinte will be the best then Oshawa/AP will be fighting for 2/3.
But, okay let’s bet then since you’re so confident. They’ll never be ranked in the OHL top 10 lists they put out weekly? (or biweekly, I forgot which one it is). You should have no problem taking that bet since you’re soooo confident that them in the top 10 is “a massive longshot”. Put your money (pride) where your mouth is ;)

Reactions: Whatanathol

sudburydinnerjacket

May 28, 2019
Not going to get into the tough talk behind the keyboard with you. Not to mention this is not the forum for this topic. Best of luck to your sons team I’m sure there will be 3 first rounders and 10 plus total draft picks based on your assessment. Cheers.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
He played well last year, but I guess it’s not that hard to improve on a 2 pt rookie season. He did have a really good playoffs though, so that’s promising. I just hope he gets 2 actual wingers this year instead of rotating cast of defencemen. He surprisingly meshed well with Blacker, but I would rather see an actual forward get in there.

Yeah he had a really good run in the playoffs. He was one of their better guys most nights and Walters clearly really trusts him as he was often on the ice in the last minute with a 1 goal lead

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
The Gens do something that makes the entire league jealous. 2 days later a rumour is leaked that the Petes want to trade the guy they went out and spent a ton to get. That means it's officially hockey season! Hahah

cc:

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
The Gens do something that makes the entire league jealous. 2 days later a rumour is leaked that the Petes want to trade the guy they went out and spent a ton to get. That means it's officially hockey season! Hahah

cc:

Potential for a great season between these 2 teams and of course the Petes have to try and ruin it. Walker making Merkley unravel would be worth the price of admission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->