Oshawa Generals 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
1 month from today ... main camp starts

At least we get to see Noel and McShane in action next week for the World Junior Summer Showcase. Should probably hear about Canada’s roster for the Hlinka/Gretzky cup too, so potentially we’ll get to see Tullio and Moore as well during the first week of August.

Reactions: OshawaFan2018

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Brainfart alert!!
Does OHL live stream the preseason exhibition games?
I don’t think so. Especially since none of the games are at the TCC, I don’t think Rogers sets up anything at the locations the Gennies will be playing their games at. I know when we’ve played the Petes, they livestream on Facebook.

OshawaFan2018

Nov 26, 2018
Starting to get the itch of being in the hockey rinks. All the hard work that the players have put in over the summer will be on display in less than a month

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Gens fans never got to see him fully healthy and he was still good to end last year as a rookie. 3 full years of him going forward is going to be an absolute treat

Tullio also had a nice assist for Red's only goal last night at the Canada showcase

Last edited:
Reactions: GeneralConversation

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Suni signing has been made official

Still plenty of time left this summer for everyone else, but it feels like a lot of the import selections have either said they're not coming or just haven't signed yet. Good on Hunt for picking a kid interested in the CHL route.

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Seen about 6/7 scouts post their guess at team Canada roster for the Hlinka and every single one has both Tullio and Moore on it. But neither one made the team. Hopefully this is another fire for them and they dominate even more next year!

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Always odd decisions with Hockey Canada. Jacob Perrault was another kid who had an unreal camp and he didn’t get a spot. At least they were noticeable in their games. Really good sign going into the season.

Reactions: Whatanathol

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Kyle Bollers was just announced as one of the coaches for the Future Generals Hockey Camp. Kind of get the feeling that he’s the 3rd OA.

Wasn't Harrogate a coach last year? But then he never played a game as an OA. Might just be because Bollers is from Oshawa and already here. If they're going within for OA you'd think it'd be Resnick over Bollers

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Wasn't Harrogate a coach last year? But then he never played a game as an OA. Might just be because Bollers is from Oshawa and already here. If they're going within for OA you'd think it'd be Resnick over Bollers

Sounds familiar. Did Harrogate attend training camp before he was released?

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Overage selection will be interesting. Will Hughes be one of the overage players come December

Certainly an option. Could go Hughes/Paputsakis until Nov/Dec and then upgrade to another OA and get a different goalie (either starter if Paputsakis isn't ready or backup if he is)

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
Will this be Noel and Mcshanes last year? If so what do you think the plan is here? I know they want to bid on Memorial Cup for 2021 but this years team will be good too minus a goalie right now. Really if we had Keyser this year like last year we would be a favourite to me but i know there will be no keyser here this year. So i guess im thinking we will be good but if noel and mcshane are not back next year then is the right move to move them for a haul at January?

Looking for discussion on both sides.... To add or subtract this year?

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Will this be Noel and Mcshanes last year? If so what do you think the plan is here? I know they want to bid on Memorial Cup for 2021 but this years team will be good too minus a goalie right now. Really if we had Keyser this year like last year we would be a favourite to me but i know there will be no keyser here this year. So i guess im thinking we will be good but if noel and mcshane are not back next year then is the right move to move them for a haul at January?

Looking for discussion on both sides.... To add or subtract this year?

Noel is signed so its definitely his last year. My guess would be that if the team is really serious about getting the Mem Cup, Noel is likely traded after the WJC to give us more picks to use as trade leverage.

McShane is still unsigned and would be a great OA to have around if we got hosting rights. If he has another solid year Montreal could sign him and put him in Laval, but they have quite a few options at forward that are all still unsigned. I would imagine some of their earlier round picks from Europe will come over to and take up spots, so why sign McShane if he's not guaranteed playing time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad