Oshawa Generals 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
I dont even think he was brought in to be a fighter. He's a piece of work, but he'll throw his weight around on the forecheck and be aggressive on the PK. If guys like Michael Little are throwing out head shots again, then ya I would expect Walker to step in over our skilled guys. Anytime Walker can draw a penalty or take someone to the box with him, that's a trade off we'll win every time.
But he seldom takes someone with him to the penalty box unless it a fight.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
And takes real stupid penalties (cross checking, slashing , roughing and hitting from behind) , if he doesn't change his game you guys will be tired of him by Nov.

Sean Allen, Cole Fraser, Artem Guryev, Daniel Walker, Pilon twins. There's quite a few of those players in the league that can still be effective, despite being stupid at times

three dog night

May 3, 2014
He was 3rd in the league in penalties drawn last season, mostly because of taking someone with him when he goes to the box, so your post is extremely inaccurate lol
I said it watching him play Niagara and Hamilton never saw it unless it makes fight do not know about other teams.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I said it watching him play Niagara and Hamilton never saw it unless it makes fight do not know about other teams.

In that Niagara playoff series alone he was bringing IceDogs to the box with him the entire time. He was so far in Stephon Dhillon's head that whole series. Dhillon tried to jump him in each of the last 2 games

three dog night

May 3, 2014
In that Niagara playoff series alone he was bringing IceDogs to the box with him the entire time. He was so far in Stephon Dhillon's head that whole series. Dhillon tried to jump him in each of the last 2 games
First two game against us no penalties third game five min slashing in period three fourth game six min in penalties none off setting and a misconduct fifth game roughing minor not off setting plus one goal and and an assist

Last edited:

foghorn

Nov 4, 2017
But regarding the "Walker has trouble with balance comment", I won't pretend to be a Daniel Walker fight aficionado, I haven't seen him fight many times. But in the quick youtube search I just did, he beats the **** out of Daniel Bukac here....

haha the only fight he won on YouTube vs a czech who doesnt fight but i wont post his heavy loses good pick though for a gens thread lol

foghorn

Nov 4, 2017
Sean Allen, Cole Fraser, Artem Guryev, Daniel Walker, Pilon twins. There's quite a few of those players in the league that can still be effective, despite being stupid at times
Artym Guryev has played a total of 0 games in the OHL so as you said to another poster "your post is extremely inaccurate lol"

Reactions: Section7fan

OshawaFan2018

Nov 26, 2018
If this was this trade was right or wrong player to get, I personally think the General's had to get tuffer as we were getting taking of vantage of ever since we traded away Sean Allan. Obviously the General's brass see something in Daniel that they like.

Toughness will help young players feel that they will be protected and will hopefully help them develop without being targeted

Reactions: View from section 9

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
With Schell going to BCHL Oshawa’s goalie depth prospect list now consists of Paputsakis and Sbrocca.

It always did I think tbh. Schell never had a chance to play in the O next year. Wasn’t very impressed with him in rookie camp, hopefully he’s better in main camp. BCHL is a good option for him next year

Whatanathol

Jul 27, 2018
Oshawa
Gens head Coach clearly has the respect of his players given how disciplined they were vs Nia' and didn't panic after dropping first two games.

Either Walker will buy in or he wont be playing in November, the former being the likely outcome. OA's with his defined role are replaceable. He knows it and will be tasked by leading physically while protecting the young guns as they develop. #8 can be a force physically but I cant see him playing that style in the 1st half of the season, coupled with what will be his last year in the O'.

I like the move by Hunt, which signals a hard push in the 1st half of the season to gain precious points before a likely trade of coveted assets (#8, #13, and possibly #61) in January 2020 for a deep run the following year. Cant see Shwa Nation going for it this year with goal tendee uncertainty.

All signs point towards continued playoff experience and asset acquisition next year.

Reactions: OshawaFan2018

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Gens head Coach clearly has the respect of his players given how disciplined they were vs Nia' and didn't panic after dropping first two games.

Either Walker will buy in or he wont be playing in November, the former being the likely outcome. OA's with his defined role are replaceable. He knows it and will be tasked by leading physically while protecting the young guns as they develop. #8 can be a force physically but I cant see him playing that style in the 1st half of the season, coupled with what will be his last year in the O'.

I like the move by Hunt, which signals a hard push in the 1st half of the season to gain precious points before a likely trade of coveted assets (#8, #13, and possibly #61) in January 2020 for a deep run the following year. Cant see Shwa Nation going for it this year with goal tendee uncertainty.

All signs point towards continued playoff experience and asset acquisition next year.

I still think Roger has a plan in place for a goalie once the trade freeze lifts again. I just cant see him rolling with 2 goalies with no OHL experience. That's just asking for a wasted year of development for our guys who will be crucial for our championship run. Brodeur at least got some playing time in 2014/2015 before getting the reigns the following season.

OshawaFan2018

Nov 26, 2018
I still think Roger has a plan in place for a goalie once the trade freeze lifts again. I just cant see him rolling with 2 goalies with no OHL experience. That's just asking for a wasted year of development for our guys who will be crucial for our championship run. Brodeur at least got some playing time in 2014/2015 before getting the reigns the following season.

Oshawa management and ownership have a plan in place that surely involves acquiring an experienced goalie to help ease in either paputsakis and or sbrocca into a starting role for their memorial cup run, which would be the following year. That said looks like paputsakis has had a similar journey to Brodeur which would bode well for Oshawa. Looking forward to seeing how this develops

Reactions: Whatanathol

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa

We should be seeing a commitment announcement for Suni in the next week or so.

Just a follow up.

After the Suni pick, it was a forgone conclusion that Eggenberger was gone. HC Davos announced today that he will be coming back to play for them again. Kinda surprised the Canucks didn't check in on him again, after he missed their camp last year with an injury.

OshawaFan2018

Nov 26, 2018
? Take Kobe as an example, he signed with Cornwall by doing this,his choice or any other player intention is to play NCAA and not the OHL.

He was a late draft pick. Unlikely to make roster this year. Therefore needed a landing spot for this year

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Don't know anything about Kobe, but maybe he was drafted so low was because that his intentions was to go to the NCAA.

signing in jr a has nothing to do with the ohl, its just a backup plan. kids sign jr a cards all the time before making the ohl, most 17 year olds go into their second camp with jr a cards already signed.

Reactions: OshawaFan2018

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Another General's draft pick Matt Shoss announces that he has signed with the Mississauga Chargers Jr. A of the OJHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad