Oshawa Generals 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
he’s looking like 2018-2019 SDA the last 3-4 games where you go large stretches of the game without noticing him. He’s also moved down in the lineup and not getting the ice time he normally gets too. I assume they’ll move him back up soon

I think the way Noel is playing he doesn't deserve to be on the 1st line and even on the 2nd. Could be a dominant player when he wants to be, far to often he is not. I can see him not being with us come pass trading deadline, maybe you can package him with Antropov. My opinion

Reactions: The Little General

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I think the way Noel is playing he doesn't deserve to be on the 1st line and even on the 2nd. Could be a dominant player when he wants to be, far to often he is not. I can see him not being with us come pass trading deadline, maybe you can package him with Antropov. My opinion

He should be a top 5 player in the league. Need to get him going. You don’t do that by playing him on the 3rd line

Reactions: OshawaFan2018

Whatanathol

Jul 27, 2018
Oshawa
How does staff motivate Noel is they dont send a message thru demotion to a lower line?

Was in Hammer yesterday and he was going through the motions again.

#15 is snake bit. He could have had 2-3 goals yesterday, including the C bar shoot out attempt. Bulldog bench was chirping him after the miss in the shoot out. He'll be looking for some score board revenge tonight.

Also noticed that this is 3 in 3 for the Hammer. Will they play the same goalie again? Not sure if he played on Fri v Ice Dogs.

:)

OshawaFan2018

Nov 26, 2018
Not a bad game. Gens dominated the play for large stretches. Both goalies were really good. Constantini stopped 3 breakaways and then 3/3 in SO was the difference. Paputsakis was really good too though. He’s now a .906 save % in his 2 OHL starts. He needs to play more

In other OHL news, SAG trades an 01 NHL drafted forward and an 02 Dman, makes you think they’re going for it this year or else you’d want those younger guys around for the future. Which would be good news for a potential Perfetti trade next year.

barrie is going to be legit next year though. They’re looking like the Gens biggest competition in the east if the Gens decide next year is their year

was at game. Generals did dominate for the most part, yet there was no sense of urgency. Noel was invisible for most of the game. some great chances in the closing minutes of overtime. Could not get one by in the skills competition “shoot out” . Paputsakis looked good in only his second start of the season

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
How does staff motivate Noel is they dont send a message thru demotion to a lower line?

Was in Hammer yesterday and he was going through the motions again.

#15 is snake bit. He could have had 2-3 goals yesterday, including the C bar shoot out attempt. Bulldog bench was chirping him after the miss in the shoot out. He'll be looking for some score board revenge tonight.

Also noticed that this is 3 in 3 for the Hammer. Will they play the same goalie again? Not sure if he played on Fri v Ice Dogs.

:)
No the other goalie (Roy) played Friday night. Kyle MacLean and Brett Neumann have been the Gens 2 best players almost every single game since Kyle got sent back. I’d be putting Noel on that line and getting him going

You can argue he doesn’t deserve it right now, but this team is a million times better when he’s going. Also if the plan is to trade him, you need him to be going. Right now he wouldn’t be getting traded because you wouldn’t be getting the return you’d demand for a player of his skill

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
I think Noel got to earn the right to be a top 5 player not be handed it to him.
He’s earned it in the past. You don’t just give up on that skill and a second round NHL pick. Players with his size and speed do not come along often. I agree with Gensupdates. I’d like to see him on that line for a game or two. He’d almost be forced to keep up the intensity and if he didn’t well then there are bigger problems

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I think Noel got to earn the right to be a top 5 player not be handed it to him.

I know you didn't just become a fan this season.... He lit the league on fire last year and got drafted in the 2nd round to the NHL. 3-4 average games doesn't overshadow 34 goals and 81 points last year lol

If you just bailed on a teenager every time he had 3 average games in a row, you'd be hard pressed to ice a team by the end the season

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Interesting stat: the Gens are are the only team in the entire CHL who has a special teams goal in every single game this season

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Interesting stat: the Gens are are the only team in the entire CHL who has a special teams goal in every single game this season
I know you didn't just become a fan this season.... He lit the league on fire last year and got drafted in the 2nd round to the NHL. 3-4 average games doesn't overshadow 34 goals and 81 points last year lol

If you just bailed on a teenager every time he had 3 average games in a row, you'd be hard pressed to ice a team by the end the season
I'm not baling out on no player but
Neumann-MacLean-Tullio
McShane-Suni
And Noel RIGHT now is no better than them those 5 players, they never take a night off as does Noel, I don't care what he did last season or the season prior or is an NHL drafted, he has to earn his way not earn it not get it by name,you have your opinion I have mine,doesn't make me wrong.
PS. Noel is one of my favorite players have his Jersey.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I'm not baling out on no player but
Neumann-MacLean-Tullio
McShane-Suni
And Noel RIGHT now is no better than them those 5 players, they never take a night off as does Noel, I don't care what he did last season or the season prior or is an NHL drafted, he has to earn his way not earn it not get it by name,you have your opinion I have mine,doesn't make me wrong.
PS. Noel is one of my favorite players have his Jersey.

You're definitely right. Those 5 have all been really good. But there's no doubt this team isn't way, way better when Serron Noel is going good. So you need to do things to get him going again and sticking him on the 3rd line isn't that, clearly. That hasn't worked

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Looked like that was going to be another Constantini/posts game through 40 but gens were just way too much for them to keep them off for a full 60 minutes. That was the best game from Noel since his first game of the season. His goal got them going and it was his patented “I’m way too big and fast for you to stop me” wide drive.

MacLean and Neumann are so good together. They went against the Kaliyev/Jenik line all night and went 28/33 (84.8%) on draws and had 16 shots between the 2 of them. Hamilton as a whole team had 18 shots

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
That was a frustrating game until the 3rd period. Constantini was coming up big on a lot of chances in the slot. Hoping we see an upgrade on Resnick soon. I know Walters shortens the bench in the 3rd period, but its never good when one of your OA's is part of the group that rarely sees the ice.

Did I miss something this season or last with Staios? Fans were booing him when he touched the puck and Tullio seemed be talking with him a lot after whistles.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Hoping we see an upgrade on Resnick soon. I know Walters shortens the bench in the 3rd period, but its never good when one of your OA's is part of the group that rarely sees the ice.
and the fact that they keep healthy scratching Resnick every other game, he’s clearly not in their plans. Walker is still practicing with the team so I guess that’s still their 3rd OA. We’ll see if they decide to upgrade on him. I would be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad