Oshawa Generals 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Agreed, the third goal should have been stopped as there was no opposing player close to Mac.

If you're going to blame one on him, it's the 3rd one. But was a great shot by McMichael going bar down from the point. There's a reason the Durham native has 17 goals in 14 games

To GC: here's his positioning on the first goal, what else do you want him to do? He came out and took away majority of the net and the guy made a perfect shot off the inside of the post and in. Great shots beat goalies. That goal is 100% on the Gens bad change

Attachments

• 8806172F-FE32-4CFD-8F0D-F75D5DFA31D0.png
    8806172F-FE32-4CFD-8F0D-F75D5DFA31D0.png
    895.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

GeneralConversation

Nov 1, 2018
If you're going to blame one on him, it's the 3rd one. But was a great shot by McMichael going bar down from the point. There's a reason the Durham native has 17 goals in 14 games

To GC: here's his positioning on the first goal, what else do you want him to do? He came out and took away majority of the net and the guy made a perfect shot off the inside of the post and in. Great shots beat goalies. That goal is 100% on the Gens bad change
Classic 6hole goal. That shot is seen 300 times a week in practice. Has to make that save.

Reactions: Whatanathol

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Classic 6hole goal. That shot is seen 300 times a week in practice. Has to make that save.

So you want him to over-commit to the left side, which would give up the 5hole and then the entire right side of the net? That doesn't sound like a good strategy

All you can do on a partial breakaway like that is take up as much of the net as you can and hope it hits you. These guys shoot way too fast to be able to react to a perfect shot from 5 feet in front of you with no defender there to stop him at all. He made a perfect shot. Can live with that

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
An interesting move in signing now,
Maybe it was just because he from Windsor (owner from) or there is more to it.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
An interesting move in signing now,
Maybe it was just because he from Windsor (owner from) or there is more to it.

They wouldn't just sign a kid because he lives in Windsor. He's been having a really good year (7-1-0, 1.89 GAA, .924 save %). Assume he's their 3rd G now if one of the top 2 go down. Sbrocca has been out for a lot of this year, although has been good in the 4 games he's played in the GOJHL

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Good to see a move
If you thought that was the perfect shot and unstoppable than you haven’t a clue about goaltending.
Nuff said

Nice talking to you. I feel enlightened. Hopefully next game we can see whoevers in net just completely guess one side and leave the other side open before a shot. At least we know you'd be happy after the game because that's how you goaltend and nuff said!

Haha but being serious, this has gone on long enough so if you want to keep talking about last nights game or whatever, feel free to DM me on here or twitter.

Hopefully the next Gens news is that they've signed John Farinacci or Owen Lindmark...

Last edited:

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
I loved listening to the people in my section complaining about the power play and that London has a real one vs the Gens. For crying out loud the Gens were all over them with their first bunch of PPs. Hemmed them in played keep away. What MacClean hits two posts and a crossbar. They (not intentionally glove the puck into the net) haha nice answer btw. Then the super OHL officials miss a call on MacClean he gives the London player a love tap. London scores on the power play. Team deflates game over. It’s hockey. It happens. London deserved the win as they capitalized on their chances and the Gens didn’t. MacClean could have 15 goals it feels like lol. One of these games it will break wide open for him.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I loved listening to the people in my section complaining about the power play and that London has a real one vs the Gens. For crying out loud the Gens were all over them with their first bunch of PPs. Hemmed them in played keep away. What MacClean hits two posts and a crossbar. They (not intentionally glove the puck into the net) haha nice answer btw. Then the super OHL officials miss a call on MacClean he gives the London player a love tap. London scores on the power play. Team deflates game over. It’s hockey. It happens. London deserved the win as they capitalized on their chances and the Gens didn’t. MacClean could have 15 goals it feels like lol. One of these games it will break wide open for him.

It's crazy how ill-informed people are sometimes. The Gens are the only team in the entire CHL who has a special teams goal in every single game this season. To complain about the special teams is nuts

If your PP+PK can be 100%, that's considered above average. The Gens is 107.6% (PP is 27.6% and PK is 80%)

Reactions: Nerf27

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Not to be the downer fan here but is there something to be said that since starting 9-0-0-0 the Gens are now 3-3-0-1. A losing record in the past 7 games. Are the Gens just having a rough stretch or were they just the subject of a relatively easy schedule to start the season?

GeneralConversation

Nov 1, 2018
Nice talking to you. I feel enlightened. Hopefully next game we can see whoevers in net just completely guess one side and leave the other side open before a shot. At least we know you'd be happy after the game because that's how you goaltend and nuff said!

Haha but being serious, this has gone on long enough so if you want to keep talking about last nights game or whatever, feel free to DM me on here or twitter.

Hopefully the next Gens news is that they've signed John Farinacci or Owen Lindmark...
The 6hole has nothing to do with positioning. He was exactly where he was supposed to be. That’s the point.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Not to be the downer fan here but is there something to be said that since starting 9-0-0-0 the Gens are now 3-3-0-1. A losing record in the past 7 games. Are the Gens just having a rough stretch or were they just the subject of a relatively easy schedule to start the season?

Almost everyone predicted them to finish 3rd or 4th. That is still likely the case. Ottawa and Peterborough should be better than them in the east based on roster construction. Barrie and Sudbury should be similar to the Gens. Everyone else not as good

Reactions: OshawaFan2018

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Well I guess Roger Hunt will have a dissension to be made by OHL trading deadline.

OSHAWA — Big decisions loom for the Oshawa Generals, as the Ontario Hockey League (OHL) is expected to announce the bid process for the 2021 Memorial Cup tournament this week.
Roger Hunt, vice president and general manager of the Generals, has long expressed an interest in putting forth a bid, as has owner Rocco Tullio, but it will depend on how much support the team will receive from partners, including the City of Oshawa, they say.
It could end up being a tricky bit of business for Hunt if the team moves ahead with the process, especially in light of the quick start to the current season.
By winning the first nine games of the season, the team shot to No. 1 in the Canadian Hockey League rankings and announced itself as a contender this year.
But, if icing a quality team next season becomes more of a priority, it stands to reason Hunt may look to add more players who will be 19 years old next season. The only such players currently on the roster are goalies Andrew MacLean and Zachary Paputsakis, defencemen Mitchell Brewer and Liam Whittaker, and forwards Jacob Winterton and Tye McSorley — not exactly a bumper crop.
Among the players who are impactful now but will be gone next season are overagers Brett Neumann and Kyle MacLean, as well as likely Serron Noel, Allan McShane, Giovanni Vallati and Nico Gross.
Amid the Memorial Cup speculation, it has been rumoured on Twitter by @OHLinsiders that Noel, a second-round draft pick of the Florida Panthers, and Danil Antropov, an overage candidate for next season, are on the trade block.
But on Monday, Hunt played it down.
“I think that could be something where people are trying to maybe put it together, “ he said. “I don’t know that there’s any more to it than that, other than, hey, we talk to teams all the time. I talk to teams every week and sometimes they ask about our players and sometimes I ask about their players. I think that was just an easy formula to come up with to get that out there.”
Hunt did admit that he would have to make some moves if the team makes a bid, however.
After splitting a pair of games this weekend — beating woeful Kingston 5-1 on the road Friday and falling by that same score at home to the London Knights Sunday — the Generals are now 12-3-0-1 and in a dogfight with Ottawa (12-4-0-0) and Peterborough (11-5-0-0) in the East Division.
“I think in my job you always have to be kind of looking ahead,” he said, adding it will be even more important if a Memorial Cup bid is on the table. “If that’s the case and we’re full steam ahead for that, I don’t think you want to throw this season away, but you’d have to concentrate on this season and next.”

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Well I guess Roger Hunt will have a dissension to be made by OHL trading deadline.

OSHAWA — Big decisions loom for the Oshawa Generals, as the Ontario Hockey League (OHL) is expected to announce the bid process for the 2021 Memorial Cup tournament this week.
Roger Hunt, vice president and general manager of the Generals, has long expressed an interest in putting forth a bid, as has owner Rocco Tullio, but it will depend on how much support the team will receive from partners, including the City of Oshawa, they say.
It could end up being a tricky bit of business for Hunt if the team moves ahead with the process, especially in light of the quick start to the current season.
By winning the first nine games of the season, the team shot to No. 1 in the Canadian Hockey League rankings and announced itself as a contender this year.
But, if icing a quality team next season becomes more of a priority, it stands to reason Hunt may look to add more players who will be 19 years old next season. The only such players currently on the roster are goalies Andrew MacLean and Zachary Paputsakis, defencemen Mitchell Brewer and Liam Whittaker, and forwards Jacob Winterton and Tye McSorley — not exactly a bumper crop.
Among the players who are impactful now but will be gone next season are overagers Brett Neumann and Kyle MacLean, as well as likely Serron Noel, Allan McShane, Giovanni Vallati and Nico Gross.
Amid the Memorial Cup speculation, it has been rumoured on Twitter by @OHLinsiders that Noel, a second-round draft pick of the Florida Panthers, and Danil Antropov, an overage candidate for next season, are on the trade block.
But on Monday, Hunt played it down.
“I think that could be something where people are trying to maybe put it together, “ he said. “I don’t know that there’s any more to it than that, other than, hey, we talk to teams all the time. I talk to teams every week and sometimes they ask about our players and sometimes I ask about their players. I think that was just an easy formula to come up with to get that out there.”
Hunt did admit that he would have to make some moves if the team makes a bid, however.
After splitting a pair of games this weekend — beating woeful Kingston 5-1 on the road Friday and falling by that same score at home to the London Knights Sunday — the Generals are now 12-3-0-1 and in a dogfight with Ottawa (12-4-0-0) and Peterborough (11-5-0-0) in the East Division.
“I think in my job you always have to be kind of looking ahead,” he said, adding it will be even more important if a Memorial Cup bid is on the table. “If that’s the case and we’re full steam ahead for that, I don’t think you want to throw this season away, but you’d have to concentrate on this season and next.”

That article really didn't say anything at all. The writer speculating but not having anything more than him thinking and Hunt going "yeah I talk to every GM"

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
It's crazy how ill-informed people are sometimes. The Gens are the only team in the entire CHL who has a special teams goal in every single game this season. To complain about the special teams is nuts

If your PP+PK can be 100%, that's considered above average. The Gens is 107.6% (PP is 27.6% and PK is 80%)
I thought the PP looked rough on Sunday. No issues getting zone time, but the passes were off. Guys at the side of the net we’re getting passes everywhere but tape to tape. Our best chance was our first opportunity when London rolled out the red carpet for Neumann speeding through the neutral zone.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I thought the PP looked rough on Sunday. No issues getting zone time, but the passes were off. Guys at the side of the net we’re getting passes everywhere but tape to tape. Our best chance was our first opportunity when London rolled out the red carpet for Neumann speeding through the neutral zone.
Yeah I agree with that. the PP attempts in the first were good. Scored on the first one and caused a ton of traffic in front for the goal. The 2nd one MacLean got open in front and hit the crossbar then Tullio hit McShane backdoor and he had an empty net but tipped it wide. 2 grade A chances in one minor PP is probably considered a successful one as usually you’d score on one of those chances.
The last 3 of the game didn’t have the same number of good chances

Reactions: Nerf27

Whatanathol

Jul 27, 2018
Oshawa
Prospect Pipeline OHL priority draft rankings are out.

Oshawa's Carson Christy # 15, right in line where the Gens might be selecting next year.....

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Prospect Pipeline OHL priority draft rankings are out.

Oshawa's Carson Christy # 15, right in line where the Gens might be selecting next year.....

he’s a stud. Elite playmaker and can finish. Nathan Poole is their other forward stud. Not as good of a skater but a better 2 way guy. Would also love for the Gens to get Raine Nadeau from the minor Gens. He’s going to be a legit OHL Dman I bet

Whatanathol

Jul 27, 2018
Oshawa
Confidential source told me yesterday that #18 is battling some personal issues these days, which would explain what is happening on the ice. Hopefully for him and the Gens things sort themselves out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad