Oshawa Generals 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
They're not. People are misreading OHL insiders word choice as if those guys are being shopped, but they're not. Just Hunt answering calls on them, like I'm sure all 20 GMs are doing right now

It is hardly a far fetched possibility that Hunt wants to cash in his big ticket before Niagara does. Buyers for 2000 born may be few. Seems Gens won’t be, Petes may want one, cheaper for Flint to go after an OA, ... Ottawa is rumoured to want Thomas now. Should that go down, the Gens could be out of the running for Tolnai or other player & the very near picks that Hunt may covet

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
It is hardly a far fetched possibility that Hunt wants to cash in his big ticket before Niagara does. Buyers for 2000 born may be few. Seems Gens won’t be, Petes may want one, cheaper for Flint to go after an OA, ... Ottawa is rumoured to want Thomas now. Should that go down, the Gens could be out of the running for Tolnai or other player & the very near picks that Hunt may covet

The question wasn't will Noel get moved, it was "why are the Gens selling", which is why I said they're not. You could call it a retool if you'd like, but certainly not selling as that would imply Noel/MacLean/Neumann/McShane/Vallati would all be on the move since they're not back next year, which definitely wont be the case.

I've been saying all year that I'd trade Noel because the team's ceiling with or without him is very similar, which isn't a knock against him. I just think they can be very good but not elite and having him doesn't make them elite and not having him wouldn't make them not very good

If Flint offers up Vierling, Sudbury offers up McCallum, Saginaw offers up Cardwell, Owen Sound offers up Gourde, etc. then take the deal. If nobody offers fair value for Noel then keep him and he'll help you on a run this year and Hunt is still loaded with draft picks next year (and he can trade his 1st rounder next year).

Even if you trade Noel and go get a Gogolev or Dunkley type for this year+next, the Gens can still win a round and have a fighters chance at winning round 2

Last edited:

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
The question wasn't will Noel get moved, it was "why are the Gens selling", which is why I said they're not. You could call it a retool if you'd like, but certainly not selling as that would imply Noel/MacLean/Neumann/McShane/Vallati would all be on the move since they're not back next year, which definitely wont be the case.

I've been saying all year that I'd trade Noel because the team's ceiling with or without him is very similar, which isn't a knock against him. I just think they can be very good but not elite and having him doesn't make them elite and not having him wouldn't make them not very good

If Flint offers up Vierling, Sudbury offers up McCallum, Saginaw offers up Cardwell, Owen Sound offers up Gourde, etc. then take the deal. If nobody offers fair value for Noel then keep him and he'll help you on a run this year and Hunt is still loaded with draft picks next year (and he can trade his 1st rounder next year).

Even if you trade Noel and go get a Gogolev or Dunkley type for this year+next, the Gens can still win a round and have a fighters chance at winning round 2

Pieces will need to be added in advance of bidding process to ensure the team is host worthy. Gens will need to sell off some 2000’born players not returning next season to achieve this

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Pieces will need to be added in advance of bidding process to ensure the team is host worthy. Gens will need to sell off some 2000’born players not returning next season to achieve this

We're not getting into this again lol. I'll just repost the same response I gave you the last couple times you've brought this up...

Attachments

• Gens Roster hfboards.png
    Gens Roster hfboards.png
    609.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Gens HFBoards Standings:
Last Game Calculated: Oct 27 vs HAM

2019-2020 Standings:
GensFan2k2: 14
GenerallyAllBusiness: 13
Nerf27: 12
AWagner3018: 11
GeneralsUpdates: 11
Hush10: 11
TommyV27: 11
Chipmunk: 11
GeneralConversation: 11
ThreeDogNight: 11
WhatAnAthol: 8
Reeno: 8
TuckerFan1: 7
ViewFromSection9: 6
OshawaFan2018: 1
Dirty12: 0

TommyV27

Sep 20, 2019
I’ll be travelling down the 401 for the game tonight. Sitting a few rows back of the penalty box, will be wearing the Eric Henderson jersey that I won on Sunday night. Say hi if you see me..

Looking for the Gens to bust out big tonight, calling for a 7-2 win with Tullio scoring the winner.

reeno

Sep 22, 2017
Nov 1 vs Kingston - Gens 6 -2, Vallati
Nov 3 vs London - Gens 4-3, Gross

TommyV27

Sep 20, 2019
We came into the arena and I was approached by (what I hope was) a local camera guy. Had me wander around the lobby for a bit. For those of you watching at home, look for me and my Eric Henderson jersey wandering around aimlessly...

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Another game the Gens dominated. The 1st and 3rd period was all Gens. PP went 4/5 on full length power plays and the PK went 3/3 with 4 really good shorthanded chances from MacLean/Neumann

Paputsakis stopped 28/29 and is now a .902 save % on the season. I'm hoping for more 1A/1B from the goalies going forward. Both have shown very well so far

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Another 5 point night for Pavel Gogolev last night and is on pace for 121 points this year. Would be back next season too. Would be a perfect pickup for the Gens

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Lotsa parking all around but they just recently jacked the price up from 5-10 bucks... 100% mark up. Don't know nearby city rates.

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
I believe it's still $5 at the Parkade a block away to the north and at the small lot one block west of the T. C.

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
Best place for some out of owners to park for the game tomorrow?
Park on the street for free. Try Bond around The Carriage House. 3 minute walk and it’s free google The Carriage House you’ll find parking in front ish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad