Oshawa Generals 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chipmunk

Sep 20, 2019
FINALLY Daniel Walker gets 10 game misconduct anle to return November 8th. Now was that hard, obviously it was as it took almost 3 weeks to decide what he got.
Branch's "wheel of discipline" was obviously in the shop for repair. Any comment as to why 10 games?

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Why would the Gens want Lodnia or any of those others? That would give them 5 OAs! The OA quality would be majorly enhanced with that addition given we all know who the 3 retained OAs would be. The Gens are not in the running for a Mem Cup this year. Rather we should chase (in order)... Tomasino and Thomas and build for the following year..

thomas isn’t back next year. Tomasino would cost Brett Harrison. You moving him?

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Gensupdates, in his twitter, mentioned the Gens might be looking at Lodnia. Doubt they are.

it would make the most sense. Gens are good enough to compete this year but don’t want to spend big because they want to keep most of their picks for next year. So the most sensible thing would be to do what they did last year and get an elite OA because they cost least. Ala Saigeon and Salinitri last year. Move Walker and cut Resnick

in terms of 2 year guys to target, I’d love getting either Pavel Gogolev or Nathan Dunkley

Last edited:
Reactions: Nerf27

gensfan63

May 16, 2018
FINALLY Daniel Walker gets 10 game misconduct anle to return November 8th. Now was that hard, obviously it was as it took almost 3 weeks to decide what he got.
He got a break. He could be a better player. Now is the time to show that. Times up now for sure.

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Gensupdates, you say Thomas isn't back next year but he could be. Not likely because of his NHL draft situation but players like him have been returned occasionally. I agree it would be highly unlikely, however. So Tomasino it is then but not for Harrison.

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
Gensupdates, you say Thomas isn't back next year but he could be. Not likely because of his NHL draft situation but players like him have been returned occasionally. I agree it would be highly unlikely, however. So Tomasino it is then but not for Harrison.
So who do you think would get a deal done. Only Harrison for a guy like Tomasino. Plus a lot of picks. You can’t expect to get a star player for spare parts and picks. That’s the attitude of most Leaf fans. Let’s trade Spezza for another teams top stay at home D. Not going to happen

Reactions: Uncle

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017

LA already signed Thomas to his ELC, and adding in that he's a 2nd round pick (51st overall). Barring a major injury that makes him miss a whole bunch of time, he isn't back in the O next year for his OA season. Team Canada guys drafted in the 2nd round don't get sent back for their OA seasons

Don't think you're getting Tomasino without giving up Harrison, especially for a full 1.5 years of him. He'd be the top guy available. And arguably even better than al the rentals who are available (except. if Hayton gets sent back but then still Tomasino is still probably 2nd best)

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
Again no way I’m moving Harrison so that means no top end add this year but another neumann type trade I could see. Getting a player for two seasons without trading 16 year old first round pick. Harrison will be a stud in this league when he is 18,19.

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
I think Hunt will keep Oshawa strong and let teams like the Petes and wolves go all in moving players and draft picks to win this year.
Oshawa will be more than set to acquire a few high end players in a possible Mem Cup host bid next year.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Again no way I’m moving Harrison so that means no top end add this year but another neumann type trade I could see. Getting a player for two seasons without trading 16 year old first round pick. Harrison will be a stud in this league when he is 18,19.

I think Hunt will keep Oshawa strong and let teams like the Petes and wolves go all in moving players and draft picks to win this year.
Oshawa will be more than set to acquire a few high end players in a possible Mem Cup host bid next year.

100% agreed on both posts.

In terms of a Neumann type deal, some 2000's I could see making sense to help this year and then be a dominant OA next year would be:
Pavel Gogolev (GUE)
Cam Hillis (GUE) he's from Oshawa
Nathan Dunkley (LDN)
Maxim Golod (ER)

Last edited:

GenerallyAllBusiness

Apr 7, 2019
100% agreed on both posts.

In terms of a Neumann type deal, some 2000's I could see making sense to help this year and then be a dominant OA next year would be:
Pavel Gogolev (GUE)
Cam Hillis (GUE) he's from Oshawa
Nathan Dunkley (LDN)
Maxim Golod (ER)

Zack Trott from the Soo is playing himself into this list

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Not sure Erie (Golod) or Soo (Trott) make sense as trading partners with the Generals this year. I think all three teams are looking to do good things next season.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Not sure Erie (Golod) or Soo (Trott) make sense as trading partners with the Generals this year. I think all three teams are looking to do good things next season.

I'm still hoping Hayton gets sent back and SSM decides to go for it this year like many SSM posters seemed to want them to do and the Gens can trade for O'Rourke next year. Loved watching him play in Whitby/Vaughan and he's dominating the same in the O now

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I'm still hoping Hayton gets sent back and SSM decides to go for it this year
I wouldn't put it past Raftis to keep Hayton and go for it this year. I almost want to see what this team would look like with Hayton and Kerins shutting down opposing top lines as well as any two centers in the O. However, it seems like regardless of what Raftis does this year, his intention is to also go for it next year. He believes in the core of this team. I wouldn't hold my breath on prying O'Rourke from us.

Personally, if we go for it this year and next, I would expect us to come up short both years. But, you never know.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I wouldn't put it past Raftis to keep Hayton and go for it this year. I almost want to see what this team would look like with Hayton and Kerins shutting down opposing top lines as well as any two centers in the O. However, it seems like regardless of what Raftis does this year, his intention is to also go for it next year. He believes in the core of this team. I wouldn't hold my breath on prying O'Rourke from us.

Personally, if we go for it this year and next, I would expect us to come up short both years. But, you never know.

Never know. If Raftis decides to go for it this year with the best player in the league, to add at all (3-5 2nds?) would put the SSM draft cupboard awfully bare. Could end up in a situation where a O'Rourke move makes sense.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Weekend Predictions
Oshawa 5 Missy 3 GWG Noel under two grand at the game.
Hamilton 4 Oshawa 3 GWG Kalevala
Oshawa 6 Hamilton 4 GWG Moore

Awagner3018

Sep 27, 2018
OSHAWA comes out pissed off they score 7
steelheads flounder only score 2

and The flying Finn gets the GWG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad