Oshawa Generals 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyV27

Sep 20, 2019
Looking forward to boisterously booing Merkley tonight and watching the Gens win 4-3. Captain Kyle to score the winner.

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Nerf27.... my bad! I was thinking of The Grey House at the corner of Ritson and Bond. You are absolutely correcto mundo!

Reactions: Nerf27

TommyV27

Sep 20, 2019
I’ll look for a bonus point and call a Mcsorley-Merkley punch-up, although Merkley is likely to turtle.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
London with their new goalie Myskiw making his 1st OHL start tonight. They're good on paper but off to a bad start because of goaltending but that'll likely turn around now.

I'll go 4-2 LDN, McMicheal

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
I think Roger is going to need to show teams clips of Noel from previous years. His play this season has shown nothing to inspire anyone looking to “go for it”.

Reactions: Whatanathol

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Game was lost during the Gens PP early in the 2nd when MacLean hit the crossbar from the slot then McShane missed an empty net 15 seconds later. Was all London after that for the rest of the period, with a big boost from their PP going 2/2

London is a better team though. Horrendous goaltending has held them back but with Myskiw now they should climb to the top of the west

Reactions: KnightsWatch

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
MacLean pulled for the 3rd. Don’t really feel like tonight was his fault. Got hung out to dry on a few of the goals.

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
He blew the third goal. Pretty uninspired hockey. Bad call leads to a two goal lead and they just gave up after that

Ps GensUpdates. I guessed the crowd right do I get a bonus point? ThreeDog would be impressed

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
MacLean pulled for the 3rd. Don’t really feel like tonight was his fault. Got hung out to dry on a few of the goals.

yeah I don’t think he was bad at all. But another 8/8 save performance from Paputsakis and he’s continuing to climb over .900. Give him more starts

For what it’s worth, Noel was good in the 3rd, probably the Gens best forward. Was consistently driving the net hard and getting good chances after a really bad 1st/2nd for him. Saw it tonight with Foudy too in that 3rd period, he was awfullll. Just trying to do way too much and must’ve had 3-4 turnovers in that period alone and 3 of them led directly to 2 Gens 3-on-1s and then a 2-on-1, but couldn’t capitalize on any of them. That’s the problem with skill guys, when they start to press they try to do way too much, which was Noel in the first couple periods

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
The stat that matters most is the Gens are undefeated with Daniel Walker in the line up. Bad news for the 67’s on Friday.

In other hilarious OHL news, Navrin Mutter DIDN'T get suspended at all for this hit, which is nearly the exact same hit as Walker.

For both hits:
-Could argue charging, although the elbow came up late
-Repeat offender (Walker and Mutter are probably the 2 biggest reputation guys in the league)
-Player hurt on the play but came back in the game
-Major penalty called on the ice

One gets 10 games, one gets 0

Reactions: TuckerFan1

GeneralConversation

Nov 1, 2018
yeah I don’t think he was bad at all. But another 8/8 save performance from Paputsakis and he’s continuing to climb over .900. Give him more starts

For what it’s worth, Noel was good in the 3rd, probably the Gens best forward. Was consistently driving the net hard and getting good chances after a really bad 1st/2nd for him. Saw it tonight with Foudy too in that 3rd period, he was awfullll. Just trying to do way too much and must’ve had 3-4 turnovers in that period alone and 3 of them led directly to 2 Gens 3-on-1s and then a 2-on-1, but couldn’t capitalize on any of them. That’s the problem with skill guys, when they start to press they try to do way too much, which was Noel in the first couple periods
Mac was bad
Run Pap to see what he’s got

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Mac was bad
Run Pap to see what he’s got

First goal was a partial breakaway after an awful change where Guskov made a perfect shot off the inside of the post. 2nd goal was literally thrown into the net from a foot in front of him. 3rd goal McMichael goes bar down with a screen in front. Don’t see how any could be put on MacLean

but yeah, give MacLean and Pap each a start next weekend. 2 more tough games in Ottawa then home against Kitchener

Last edited:
Reactions: Generallyspeaking

GeneralConversation

Nov 1, 2018
First goal was a partial breakaway after an awful change where Guskov made a perfect shot off the inside of the post. 2nd goal was literally thrown into the net from a foot in front of him. 3rd goal McMichael goes bar down with a screen in front. Don’t see how any could be put on MacLean

but yeah, give MacLean and Pap each a start next weekend. 2 more tough games in Ottawa then home against Kitchener

lol stop
First goal is at the top of the circle at an angle. Bad goal to give up.
Second goal, while touched-not thrown in! was not tracking to the ice but he dropped anyways because he lost it.
Third goal was from the blue line with only his own forward trying to block it.
All bad goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad