Oshawa Generals 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Absolutely incorrect on the Pilon twins.They cost us many games with their selfish penalties and antics.I always felt their positive impact was overrated as their deficient skating also was a liability.

well then credit to you. I feel the same way about walker. I understand why they made the move (despite what his haters will say, he does have some skill. Has probably the hardest shot on the team too) but now that MacLean’s back he’s down in the 3rd or 4th line and can’t be costing the team games with his penalties, although he has been better since his suspension

Last edited:

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Hearing around that Oshawa would move Noel for the right combo back, active now, doing a similar move like last year for future and now

Whatanathol

Jul 27, 2018
Oshawa
Yes Walker can blast it and has surprisingly decent hands and play making ability. Too bad about his skating. Will be interesting to see if they play him in 2020 and whether he'll get any playoff action. All depends I guess if they decide to upgrade on him and Resnick.

I agree the refs did not have their best night. Almost seems as though the hockey gods evened up from the Ott game re: non tripping call at end of game.

Paps played well and earned tonight's start in my view.

Would like to see Dawson back in line up. i'm liking his game.

Reactions: 67hockeyfan

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Yes Walker can blast it and has surprisingly decent hands and play making ability. Too bad about his skating. Will be interesting to see if they play him in 2020 and whether he'll get any playoff action. All depends I guess if they decide to upgrade on him and Resnick.

I agree the refs did not have their best night. Almost seems as though the hockey gods evened up from the Ott game re: non tripping call at end of game.

Paps played well and earned tonight's start in my view.

Would like to see Dawson back in line up. i'm liking his game.

will be interesting what they do in net tonight. I agree that Paputsakis has earned more starts, when the starters job. But MacLean was back on the bench last night so might be him in game 2 of a road back-to-back

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
will be interesting what they do in net tonight. I agree that Paputsakis has earned more starts, when the starters job. But MacLean was back on the bench last night so might be him in game 2 of a road back-to-back

Also wonder if SSM has Taylor in net. Brkin went both Wednesday and last night

GeneralConversation

Nov 1, 2018
Thought we were asleep a couple time defensively and it cost us. Pap was good but I’m sure he’d like a couple of them back. I’d like to see him go again, to see if he has a bounce back game.
Walker is what he is. I had no problem with his game last night. He has skill but, he has a roll to play on this team. He walks a fine line between aggressive and physical, so some penalties are to be expected. The problem is he has too many unnecessary ones to add to the roll ones.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Hfboards standings going into the SSM game tonight:
Last Game Calculated: Nov 15 @ SBY

GenerallyAllBusiness: 18
GeneralsUpdates: 17
GensFan2k2: 17
Nerf27: 17
Chipmunk: 15
GeneralConversation: 15
Hush10: 14
TommyV27: 13
ThreeDogNight: 13
AWagner3018: 12
TuckerFan1: 11
WhatAnAthol: 10
Reeno: 9
ViewFromSection9: 6
OshawaFan2018: 1
Dirty12: 0

Reactions: Whatanathol

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Hfboards standings going into the SSM game tonight:
Last Game Calculated: Nov 15 @ SBY

GenerallyAllBusiness: 18
GeneralsUpdates: 17
GensFan2k2: 17
Nerf27: 17
Chipmunk: 15
GeneralConversation: 15
Hush10: 14
TommyV27: 13
ThreeDogNight: 13
AWagner3018: 12
TuckerFan1: 11
WhatAnAthol: 10
Reeno: 9
ViewFromSection9: 6
OshawaFan2018: 1
Dirty12: 0

I'm not following on the standing? what is this about?

Generallyspeaking

Sep 18, 2018

Maclean's numbers were similar right off the get go, be interesting to see what happens. If Maclean doesn't play does that mean his injury is still on the mend or has the team decided to go with Paps?? He has been hot but was vulnerable last night....either way hope for the best we have a good duo!

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Soo playing well of late.

The new goaltender Brkin is making a huge difference for the Greyhounds. The skaters have been really good this year but the goaltending lost them a minimum of 6 extra games and probably more. You guys would have won this game 5-3 a week ago.

I thought the Gens looked tired in the third period. Those long Northern road trips are tough for a team that doesn't travel very much.

Reactions: BehindSooNet

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
The new goaltender Brkin is making a huge difference for the Greyhounds. The skaters have been really good this year but the goaltending lost them a minimum of 6 extra games and probably more. You guys would have won this game 5-3 a week ago.

I thought the Gens looked tired in the third period. Those long Northern road trips are tough for a team that doesn't travel very much.

I’m very confused by what the Soo are doing. 3 games this week and start the OA goalie every game. They’re a playoff team but do they really think they can compete without Hayton? If so I think that’s a mistake. If they don’t think that, why’re you taking all your starts away from a young goalie who you’re going to need to be ready next year when your roster will probably actually be ready to win? Short term gain with Brkin but they’re screwing themselves longterm and their ceiling this year is what, maybe win 1 round and even that is very far from a sure thing. Does 1 round of playoff money (and the 5-8 seed so max 3 home games) really mean that much? I don’t get it

Last edited:
Reactions: Finster8

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Brain has played 3 whole games. Mind if we see what he is like?

Why would it matter is my point? He’s an OA goalie. SSM has a roster that’ll be a 5-8 seed playoff team. Just for arguments sake let’s assume he’s an above average starting goalie. So? Winning 1 round as the 5-8 seed is unlikely, let alone more than that. Is that worth having Taylor still never have been a starting goalie going into next year when SSM is actually ready to win? That doesn’t set you up for success either this year or next year. That’s my point. I fully get picking up Brkin because Propp was awful. I don’t at all get starting him every game and having Taylor just sit on the bench. Especially with game 2 coming against Hamilton, one of the below average teams in the Eastern conference

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
I’m very confused by what the Soo are doing. 3 games this week and start the OA goalie every game. They’re a playoff team but do they really think they can compete without Hayton? If so I think that’s a mistake. If they don’t think that, why’re you taking all your starts away from a young goalie who you’re going to need to be ready next year when your roster will probably actually be ready to win? Short term gain with Brkin but they’re screwing themselves longterm and their ceiling this year is what, maybe win 1 round and even that is very far from a sure thing. Does 1 round of playoff money (and the 5-8 seed so max 3 home games) really mean that much? I don’t get it

With Malik probably coming after the World Juniors, I have doubts that Taylor is in the plans as a starting goaltender next season. It's looking like he won't even be on the team in six weeks.

I think that the Greyhounds are as good as Saginaw, Flint, London, as long as they get solid goaltending. Toss the last couple of weeks out the window. That was the worst goaltending I have ever seen in this league.

Everyone is back next season so standing pat or going for it are really the only two options.

Houndsfan22

Mar 27, 2018
Why would it matter is my point? He’s an OA goalie. SSM has a roster that’ll be a 5-8 seed playoff team. Just for arguments sake let’s assume he’s an above average starting goalie. So? Winning 1 round as the 5-8 seed is unlikely, let alone more than that. Is that worth having Taylor still never have been a starting goalie going into next year when SSM is actually ready to win? That doesn’t set you up for success either this year or next year. That’s my point. I fully get picking up Brkin because Propp was awful. I don’t at all get starting him every game and having Taylor just sit on the bench. Especially with game 2 coming against Hamilton, one of the below average teams in the Eastern conference

He’s doing well. Teams turned around and now helping build the momentum for everyone who plays in front of him.

Reactions: Bra Wavers

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
[QUOTE="Generalsupdates, post: 166750477, member: 289957" your team literally iced the Pilon twins for 3 years, who are literally Daniel Walker minus the size, but with even more dirty plays.[/quote]

I feel like several people have corrected you on this claim before. Just look at their career numbers.

Also, the Pilon twins were actually useful as hockey players. They were our best PK players for two years and were basically 0.5 ppg players their last two seasons.

Daniel Walker is and always has been nothing more than an old school goon who has no value aside from being a Jon Scott type.

cub

Apr 11, 2012

I believe you're over evaluating, the team is behind the 8 ball and now trying to catch up, so they will go with Brkin as much as they can until they catch up in the standings.

Reactions: soo hound girl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad