Oshawa Generals 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Kitchener going with all their top guys on one line. Going to be a big challenge for Gross/Ennis tonight, need to limit them if you're going to win.

I'll go 5-3 OSH, Suni

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Paputsakis was exceptional again. 36/38 and is now .925 on the season which is 2nd in the whole league among goalies who have 7+ games played

Also thought Daniel Walker was noticeable tonight for all the right reasons. Played hard on the puck and had several big hits and hard shots, just needs to get them on net

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
Nice to see Noel back
I thought it was Walkers best game as a General. Wanted to see him get hardest worker just because he deserved some credit. Funny chemistry between him and Noel. Who da thunk it

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Nice to see Noel back
I thought it was Walkers best game as a General. Wanted to see him get hardest worker just because he deserved some credit. Funny chemistry between him and Noel. Who da thunk it

yeah really. I still like McShane and Noel together (Noel’s 2nd goal was a great pass by McShane). But no denying Walker and Noel tonight

Reactions: Nerf27

GeneralConversation

Nov 1, 2018
Very entertaining game.
Thought the Gens were better team all night. Good to see Noel not only score but make his patented “fly down the wing and blow past the D for a scoring chance”
Pap was great. I repeat what I said after the Ottawa game, that we should run with him.

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Paps is making our goaltending situation a good one to have. He took a beating in the crease last night, but he still held his own and made some big saves.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Obviously a lot of positives so far this season but to me one of the biggest ones has been Nico Gross. I've always been on the #NicoGrossIsGood train, but he's turned into a top 10 OHL D-man this year on both ends. Using his big shot way more than he ever has and getting PP time as a result. And he's a top defensive D-man, going against the other teams top line every single night and coming out on top the majority of the time. Another great import pick by Hunt to get 3 full years out of him. And it all happened because Oshawa hosted a Canada vs Switzerland pre-tournament game in 2017 and Gross liked the Gens arena

Rangers should definitely be signing him soon

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
Obviously a lot of positives so far this season but to me one of the biggest ones has been Nico Gross. I've always been on the #NicoGrossIsGood train, but he's turned into a top 10 OHL D-man this year on both ends. Using his big shot way more than he ever has and getting PP time as a result. And he's a top defensive D-man, going against the other teams top line every single night and coming out on top the majority of the time. Another great import pick by Hunt to get 3 full years out of him. And it all happened because Oshawa hosted a Canada vs Switzerland pre-tournament game in 2017 and Gross liked the Gens arena

Rangers should definitely be signing him soon
Agreed on all. I think another thing is he is staying away from the stupid costly penalties. Shows maturity in that part of his game as well.

Whatanathol

Jul 27, 2018
Oshawa
Gross seems a hair faster this year, which is what i thought might hold him back from going pro. Clearly he's been working hard in the off season and yes Nerf, is playing with maturity now. He still likes to be the bully and plays with an edge that seems to bring out his best.

I asked JPJ of the Petes last year when he had broken fingers and was in the stands, who was the gens worst trash talker. He said Gross, which means he must get under opponents skin.

Hopefully the Rangers will sign him sooner than later. I guess teens really can start to lose their hair prematurely!

As for other gens, Dawson looked solid. He will never set speed records but he is definitely gaining confidence and could be a reliable 3rd or 4th line depth guy.

#29 looks a little lost out there right now. Time to see if he has the inner strength to battle through a much bigger and faster league or whether he has reached his Robbie Burt ceiling. Belleville lad c'mon we're cheering for him!

Awagner3018

Sep 27, 2018
Gross seems a hair faster this year, which is what i thought might hold him back from going pro. Clearly he's been working hard in the off season and yes Nerf, is playing with maturity now. He still likes to be the bully and plays with an edge that seems to bring out his best.

I asked JPJ of the Petes last year when he had broken fingers and was in the stands, who was the gens worst trash talker. He said Gross, which means he must get under opponents skin.

Hopefully the Rangers will sign him sooner than later. I guess teens really can start to lose their hair prematurely!

As for other gens, Dawson looked solid. He will never set speed records but he is definitely gaining confidence and could be a reliable 3rd or 4th line depth guy.

#29 looks a little lost out there right now. Time to see if he has the inner strength to battle through a much bigger and faster league or whether he has reached his Robbie Burt ceiling. Belleville lad c'mon we're cheering for him!

Dont you think it's a bit early for that 2nd round pick not even halfway through his first season

Reactions: The Little General

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Serron Noel steals and snipes for Team OHL's 2nd goal tonight, and was involved in the first one as well. He played very well in both OHL vs Russia games which should greatly help his chances to make the WJ team. Including the Canada games, that's 5 really good games in a row for Noel now. Looks like he's back

Chipmunk

Sep 20, 2019
Nice to see Noel back
Walker, Andropov and Noel also had a great game as a line on friday night in Ottawa. Their size, strength and reach in the offensive zone gave both Ottawa and Kitchener fits trying to clear the zone. Andropov does has room for improvement on faceoffs but otherwise did well at center. Sunday was possibly his best game of the year as well. Agree that Noel and McShane work well together, but that pass from Walker for the third goal was not too shabby. If he sticks to hockey Walker can be a definite asset. He has more skill than he is given credit for.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I hope you're right re: #29.

Can't judge him yet. He's been on the 3rd or 4th line all year and has never killed penalties or given PP time. He's just doing his job and playing the 4th line on a good team. His time will come next year

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Can't judge him yet. He's been on the 3rd or 4th line all year and has never killed penalties or given PP time. He's just doing his job and playing the 4th line on a good team. His time will come next year

Not that I'm giving up on the kid (he is a rookie after all) but I did voice my frustrations with him even during the pre season, he looked like he couldve used another year before being called up.

Maybe give more time for Mcsorley or even give Pitt a look if you got the room.

Just my opinion is all

Reactions: Whatanathol
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->