Oshawa Generals 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
HockeyPops, I am not sure Antropov is considered to be 'Overage' next year as he has a late birthdate and I have heard he still has 2 years of Jr. left (including an overage year). I stand to be corrected!

Late birthdate doesn’t matter. It’s year of birth. Anyone born in 2000 will be considered an OA next year period.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
HockeyPops, I am not sure Antropov is considered to be 'Overage' next year as he has a late birthdate and I have heard he still has 2 years of Jr. left (including an overage year). I stand to be corrected!

Late bday only affects their draft year. He'd still be an OA next season, all 2000 borns would be

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Americans are also 4 years because of the 4 year degree.. Ylonen is June 1, 2022 deadline. You can obviously sign them earlier if you want, but you can wait up to 4 years as they finish their NCAA careers. If a player signs before the 4 year deadline, they can no longer play NCAA, so usually they wait until they're done unless they just want to start their pro career right away
Thank you for this! I stand corrected on the Americans.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Thank you for this! I stand corrected on the Americans.

Usually the high end ones (Brady Tkachuk, etc) sign right after their first year and forgo their NCAA career, but the non 1st/2nd round picks (Zach Hyman, etc) play NCAA for 4 years then sign

Whatanathol

Jul 27, 2018
Oshawa
G updates will Noel be in the line up tonight v Ott?

Gio IMO has underperformed this season to date. Hope he turns it around.

Ennis will be a great OA.

Praying to the Gens Gods that McShane returns.

:)

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
G updates will Noel be in the line up tonight v Ott?

Gio IMO has underperformed this season to date. Hope he turns it around.

Ennis will be a great OA.

Praying to the Gens Gods that McShane returns.

:)

Yes he should be.

Vallati just needs to shoot more. He has a huge shot but rarely uses it. Gross being the exact opposite, he shoots 24/7 which has been huge for the Gens so far, especially on the PP

Reactions: Whatanathol

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Thank you all for correcting my erroneous views on overagers. Does that mean special players like Wright get an extra year before being declared overage? Maybe that's what confused me? Although Antropov was not in that category of 'special exemption' or whatever. Again, thanks for the clarification.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Thank you all for correcting my erroneous views on overagers. Does that mean special players like Wright get an extra year before being declared overage? Maybe that's what confused me? Although Antropov was not in that category of 'special exemption' or whatever. Again, thanks for the clarification.

yeah. It only goes by year of birth when talking OA status. An exceptional status guy has never played his OA season though and I doubt that’ll ever change

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Former Gen Dylan Robinson is having his 2nd surgery in the last 10 months and is out for a while for OTT. Brutal luck for the kid

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Puck don't lie. That was an impossible bounce off the glass and over the Gens net and onto Keating's stick for the PPG to tie the game. Gens deserved to win that game 2-1 but they'll take 3-2 in regulation... Man Paputsakis was good again, on his birthday no less. He's now 3-0-1 and has a .919 save %

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Puck don't lie. That was an impossible bounce off the glass and over the Gens net and onto Keating's stick for the PPG to tie the game. Gens deserved to win that game 2-1 but they'll take 3-2 in regulation... Man Paputsakis was good again, on his birthday no less. He's now 3-0-1 and has a .919 save %

He was stellar, hometown game too.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
He was stellar, hometown game too.

That's 4/4 very good starts for him now. Sucks MacLean is hurt but Paputsakis getting consistent minutes is good for him and the team. Gens are on their way to running into a good problem with 2 good, young goalies who could be here for 3 years each

OshawaFan2018

Nov 26, 2018
That's 4/4 very good starts for him now. Sucks MacLean is hurt but Paputsakis getting consistent minutes is good for him and the team. Gens are on their way to running into a good problem with 2 good, young goalies who could be here for 3 years each

I was able to watch the game last night. Paputsakis was impressive. He looked calm, cool and collected. Now I see why Oshawa signed him. I hope that he will now get more games

GeneralConversation

Nov 1, 2018
Last night started like we’d be taking one on the chin. It took half of the first period for the boys to wake up, but when they did, they showed their skill and depth in the lineup. Pap was perfect. He gave the team a chance to win and they did. Personally I hope they run with him. Newmann is on another level.

Reactions: OshawaFan2018

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Last night started like we’d be taking one on the chin. It took half of the first period for the boys to wake up, but when they did, they showed their skill and depth in the lineup. Pap was perfect. He gave the team a chance to win and they did. Personally I hope they run with him. Newmann is on another level.
Shots were 9-2 OTT at one time in the first and the period ended 11-9 Gens...

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Brett Harrison scored a shorty to open the scoring in the bronze medal game tonight but his Canada team lost 3-2 in OT to Czech Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->