Oshawa Generals 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
You have Noel on the 1st line,
But Josh Brown has Noel on the 4th line.

Josh Brown
@BrownRecord

Team OHL lines at practice:
1/Foudy-Dudas-Dellandrea
2/Byfield-McMichael-Tomasino
3/Hillis-Damiani-Giroux
4/Perfetti-Thomas-Noel

No offence to Josh Brown, but there's clearly a 4th line (Hillis-Damiani-Giroux) and he doesnt have them as the 4th, so his "lines" are likely just the order they did the drills in, not what they actually are. Realistically there's 3 first lines and a 4th line

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
No offence to Josh Brown, but there's clearly a 4th line (Hillis-Damiani-Giroux) and he doesnt have them as the 4th, so his "lines" are likely just the order they did the drills in, not what they actually are. Realistically there's 3 first lines and a 4th line
And Scott Wheeler had Noel on the 1st line, at the morning skate :huh:

Team OHL lines at morning skate:
Perfetti - Thomas - Noel
Tomasino - Byfield - McMichael
Foudy - Dudas - Dellandrea
Giroux - Damiani - Hillis

Generallyspeaking

Sep 18, 2018
Rumour has it that A. Mac will not be going to Ottawa. Something regarding an injury that he has been fighting since the Peterborough game.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Confidential source told me yesterday that #18 is battling some personal issues these days, which would explain what is happening on the ice. Hopefully for him and the Gens things sort themselves out.

Interesting, hope everything's okay with him behind the scenes

Whatanathol

Jul 27, 2018
Oshawa
The big fella can dominate at times for sure.

I recall last year on the road v rangers he almost singlehandedly won the game, with 2 goals, including the OT winner.

He has good vibes in that barn for sure.

Gens in KIT on dec 6. Would Noel still be with the team then and leave for World Jr camp after?

:)

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Just going by the CHL game sheet Noel doesn't have any assist so far.
Because it was a 4 man set up and for stat sheets they only count 1 goal and up to but not including 2 assists. On that particular play it went Assist, assist, assist, goal so that first assist(Noel) does not make the offical stay sheet.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Brett Harrison's Canada White won their quarter-final tonight in OT so they play the USA tomorrow night in the U17 semi-final

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
It's going to be a great game tonight- looking forward to watching two of the East's powers go at it in person tonight!

Do you guys expect that the Gens will be buyers or sellers this year? If you buy, you will be very tough to beat. I haven't heard of a single other team being rumoured to host the Mem Cup next year, so if you guys do bid it will be tough not to sell of Noel, McShane, Vallatti and Neumann.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
It's going to be a great game tonight- looking forward to watching two of the East's powers go at it in person tonight!

Do you guys expect that the Gens will be buyers or sellers this year? If you buy, you will be very tough to beat. I haven't heard of a single other team being rumoured to host the Mem Cup next year, so if you guys do bid it will be tough not to sell of Noel, McShane, Vallatti and Neumann.

they won’t be adding any expensive rentals but looking for multi year guys. They also won’t be moving McShane, Vallati or Neumann

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
they won’t be adding any expensive rentals but looking for multi year guys. They also won’t be moving McShane, Vallati or Neumann
Is William Ennis slated to become the third OA next season (behind McShane and Vallati), hence putting up Antropov?

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Is William Ennis slated to become the third OA next season (behind McShane and Vallati), hence putting up Antropov?

Yes Ennis will be an OA, although there's a very small chance that both McShane and Vallati get sent back. I think it's more likely that neither do than that both of them do.

If I had to guess, I would definitely guess that McShane gets signed by MTL (although they could still send him back after signing him, its just rare) and I have no grasp of what WPG will do with Vallati

McShane's a 4th rounder, Vallati's a 5th rounder

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Hmmm, Montreal has perhaps the deepest prospect pool around. Some might argue McShane has his work cut out for him to get signed, as Montreal has many other unsigned forward prospects rated higher by some (Caufield, Ikonen, Ylonen, Olofsson, Struble and possibly Pitlick and Fonstad).

I am leaning towards them both being back for an OA year.

2019 Montreal Canadiens Top 25 Under 25: A Difference of Opinion — EOTP staff vs. community

Well that would be great news for the Gens!

Most of the ones you mentioned though are American or European, so they don't have to be signed yet. McShane, Hillis, Fonstad and Houde are the 4 who they have to decide if they're signing or not by June 1, 2020. The rest of them are either 2021 or 2022 deadlines

Reactions: HockeyPops

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I believe Americans are still 2 years but yes Euros are 4. So I think you need to add Ylonen to your June 2020 list.

EDIT: maybe not since he plays overseas, regardless of his place of birth.

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I believe Americans are still 2 years but yes Euros are 4. So I think you need to add Ylonen to your June 2020 list.

EDIT: maybe not since he plays overseas, regardless of his place of birth.

Americans are also 4 years because of the 4 year degree.. Ylonen is June 1, 2022 deadline. You can obviously sign them earlier if you want, but you can wait up to 4 years as they finish their NCAA careers. If a player signs before the 4 year deadline, they can no longer play NCAA, so usually they wait until they're done unless they just want to start their pro career right away

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 2.14.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 2.14.27 PM.png
    15.9 KB · Views: 2

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
HockeyPops, I am not sure Antropov is considered to be 'Overage' next year as he has a late birthdate and I have heard he still has 2 years of Jr. left (including an overage year). I stand to be corrected!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->