Oshawa Generals 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Back to second :thumbu:
Kia CHL Top 10 Week 9 Rankings:
1-SHE, 2-OSH, 3-MON, 4-EVT, 5-PA, 6-EDM, 7-WSR, 8-CHI, 9-OTT, 10-PBO.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Not that I'm giving up on the kid (he is a rookie after all) but I did voice my frustrations with him even during the pre season, he looked like he couldve used another year before being called up.

Maybe give more time for Mcsorley or even give Pitt a look if you got the room.

Just my opinion is all

yeah depending on if they decide to add 2 year guys at the deadline maybe he gets sent to OJHL where he plays 20 mins a game and PP/PK. We’ll see

Reactions: Whatanathol

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Should be interesting to see how the goalie situation plays out this weekend if MacLean is healthy. Tough northern road trip, but you would be hard pressed to take the net away from Paps if he plays both and does well.

TommyV27

Sep 20, 2019
I missed last weekend's games, looking forward to getting back to it tonight..

4-3 for the Generals and, with his first of the season, Giovanni Vallati delivers the winner!

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I think this is a classic “hungry dog runs faster” spot. Gens coming off 2 big wins last weekend. Sudbury coming off getting killed by their northern rival

4-2 SBY, Byfield

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Well Paps is in net tonight.
This is how we stack up vs. Sudbury_Wolves
And Noel moved up to the 2nd line :thumbu:
Forwards:
Tullio-McShane-Suni
Neumann-MacLean-Noel
Walker-Harrison-Antropov
Michaud-Gagnier-Winterton
Defence:
Brewer-Moore
Ennis-Gross
Vallati-Jesus
Scratches:
McKinney, Resnick, McSorely, Whittaker

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I feel like I consistently expect nothing from OHL refs yet still am shocked sometimes. The whole McShane (first) goal review was bizarre. They don't see anything that can overturn it for 6+ minutes but then somehow in the 7th minute they find a definitive view? Very strange. Then how is there no penalty shot on the MacLean breakaway where Samuelsson is called for slashing and forced MacLean to lose the puck into the corner for no shot, yet no penalty shot. Then the Gens finally get some momentum and make it 2-1 with about 10 minutes still left and the ref forces Paputsakis to play the puck even though he clearly didn't want to, and results in a turnover and Sudbury scores to put it away 5 seconds later. Just brutal all night.

Weren't going to win scoring 1 goal anyways though. Gens and Wolves are pretty even. A 7 game series based on how these 2 are currently constructed would surely be going 6 or 7 games.

But even more shocking than OHL reffing is that someone was actually willing to drop the gloves with Daniel Walker. Not sure what Emmett Serensits was thinking, but my god did he ever get pummelled

Last edited:
Reactions: Whatanathol

cobra9850

Apr 23, 2014
Walker represents everything that is repugnant in hockey.He has zero skill and will be playing beer league hockey next year.Enjoy his time pummeling clearly mismatched opponents.Antics like that will make his beer league career very short.The only opponents that could have maybe matched up with him are Hutcheson or Carson but he has made his OHL career on this goonery.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Walker represents everything that is repugnant in hockey.He has zero skill and will be playing beer league hockey next year.Enjoy his time pummeling clearly mismatched opponents.Antics like that will make his beer league career very short.The only opponents that could have maybe matched up with him are Hutcheson or Carson but he has made his OHL career on this goonery.

2 things:
1) your team literally iced the Pilon twins for 3 years, who are literally Daniel Walker minus the size, but with even more dirty plays. I’m almost positive if I go back in your posts, I’ll find that you loved the Pilon twins.

2) you can get mad at Serensits for dropping the gloves with him then. He didn’t jump Serensits, they both wanted to fight. One is just very good at fighting and the other is Emmett Serensits

cobra9850

Apr 23, 2014
Absolutely incorrect on the Pilon twins.They cost us many games with their selfish penalties and antics.I always felt their positive impact was overrated as their deficient skating also was a liability.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
1. Pilons actually scored and added that dimension for the team and created space. I wish we still had them lol. Honestly though I think Walker can be effective but not sure he is worth the overage spot on Oshawa.

2. Applaud Serentis for dropping the gloves with him. Much respect and gave his team a boost for his heart and fearless attitude. Even though he got destroyed. We had no other answer for Walker to be honest.

WJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad