Oshawa Generals 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
Just thinking out loud here. Of the top four in the east, Peterborough improved and Oshawa improved. I’m not worried about Sudbury and I think Ottawa blew it again holding draft picks and not going all in to win again.
Oshawa will be adding suni soon and with tomasino and gross back and add of Kooy. I feel like it’s not a for sure second round out to Ottawa or Peterborough. We have played with both Ottawa and Peterborough this year.
I know next year Hunt will be after Perfetti as Saginaw loaded up this year but this years Generals team is good enough to head back to a third round then you never know. :popcorn:

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Just thinking out loud here. Of the top four in the east, Peterborough improved and Oshawa improved. I’m not worried about Sudbury and I think Ottawa blew it again holding draft picks and not going all in to win again.
Oshawa will be adding suni soon and with tomasino and gross back and add of Kooy. I feel like it’s not a for sure second round out to Ottawa or Peterborough. We have played with both Ottawa and Peterborough this year.
I know next year Hunt will be after Perfetti as Saginaw loaded up this year but this years Generals team is good enough to head back to a third round then you never know. :popcorn:

The problem this year is the Gens are so far back of 1st that they're locked into the 4th seed which means the 1 seed in the 2nd round

But I do agree with the Gens/OTT/PBO lineup, when the Gens are healthy again they match up fine on paper with them. Just will be if Kooy can be close to as good as Jones/Andree

Awagner3018

Sep 27, 2018
The problem this year is the Gens are so far back of 1st that they're locked into the 4th seed which means the 1 seed in the 2nd round

But I do agree with the Gens/OTT/PBO lineup, when the Gens are healthy again they match up fine on paper with them. Just will be if Kooy can be close to as good as Jones/Andree

If oshawa wins on sunday and wings theyre games in hand thats a 2 point difference in the standing maybe we can steal 3rd.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Fingers crossed :thumbu:

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014

Agree but thinking this team with full lineup has competed with Ottawa and Peterborough this year and one of those teams most likely Ottawa would be a second rd opponent. Now if somehow we got third I wouldn’t be worried about Sudbury .

TommyV27

Sep 20, 2019
Almost forgot, will understand if I’m too late. It’s still 0-0.

Gens win 4-3, Tullio with the winner.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Thank you Langevin

Also, Tomasino: not bad at hockey

This team will be fun to watch when Suni/MacLean come back. Their top 9 will be legit

Reactions: Whatanathol

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Thank you Langevin

Also, Tomasino: not bad at hockey

This team will be fun to watch when Suni/MacLean come back. Their top 9 will be legit
But the defense has to play much better than they are, and stop having slow starts, but yeah there going to be fun to watch.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Big difference tonight was the PK. It went 6/6 and had a shorty and Sarnia has the 3rd ranked PP in the league going into tonight

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
And the funk will continue tomorrow night..
Guelph 5 Gens 4
When your second powerplay has both Michaud and Winterton out there.. boy are u in trouble.. this team will be fighting for a playoff position in short order. What are u going to do Mr Hunt
Hey Freedom880, just checking back in 10 games later like you told me to
Check back in. in about 10 more games and we will see

Remember when you said in 10 games the Gens would be out of a playoff spot? And I laughed and said "forget a playoff spot, they're still 4 points clear of home ice in the playoffs", remember that?

Well we're 10 games later and the Gens are still in a playoff spot (gasp) but are no longer 4 points up on home ice in the playoffs.... They're now 7 points up.

Your doom and gloom "THE SKY IS FALLING" and guaranteeing they'd be out of the playoffs in 10 games not only came back to completely blow up in your face, like everyone in the world knew it would, but they've actually gained ground in the last 10 games lol. Unfortunately I had to mute you on here so I no longer see your "woe is me" schtick, but here's to hoping that you've grown up and have since apologized and realize that Hunt knows what he's doing and hey that Tomasino guy (who's back next year too) is pretty good at hockey... ;)

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
I totally agree with Naz (just above!). The Gens have to get off to better starts and play much better defensively. Don't know who to blame, forwards, defence or both but they've got to tighten up! If not, look for a new 'defence coach' next year.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
I totally agree with Naz (just above!). The Gens have to get off to better starts and play much better defensively. Don't know who to blame, forwards, defence or both but they've got to tighten up! If not, look for a new 'defence coach' next year.
I think that will happen,I don't know what they bring to coaching, I feel sorry for Walters that he couldn't bring his own staff in, the defense is regressing not progressing. Hopefully Hunt will look into this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad