Oshawa Generals 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Can’t say Gens didn’t have PP opportunities to win the game they’re really struggling for some reason maybe a shakeup is required.
Hope Walker doesn’t miss too much after being JPJ’d

Reactions: Bra Wavers

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
The powerplay stunk in that game, other than that it's hard to really be mad about anything. As even as it probably could have been through 40 minutes, shots were the same but the Petes get the lead late on a fluky goal off the boards that bounces onto McTavish's tape for an empty netter. Then PBO just dumps it in the entire 3rd and falls back into a 1-2-2 trap relying on Jones to bail them out of danger, which he did about 5 times that period. Needed the PP to come through.

But what's interesting (and encouraging to me) is Walters' is really starting to play the younger guys more. Harrison playing top 6 minutes every night now and Michaud up to the 3rd line tonight. And that will definitely come with growing pains (Petes 1st goal was a Michaud turnover and their 3rd goal was a bad pinch by Jesus) but that's the only way they can learn and be ready for next year. Or find out that they won't be ready and you need to replace them for next year.

And Barrie got upset by Kingston tonight, so another positive night in the battle for home ice in the 1st round

Last edited:
Reactions: Patverbeek

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Hope Walker doesn’t miss too much after being JPJ’d

Huh? He got thrown out for 2 fights in the same game. JPJ didn't hurt him lol

Side note: isn't "JPJ'd" to take a bad penalty that costs your team a goal against? I swear that's how @Petes_Updates on twitter uses that verb....

Your Petes look really shaky on the back-end there. Hopefully Oke can actually pull the trigger for you guys this time and get the 2-3 D-men, top 6 F and 2 bottom 6 F upgrades he needs. It's been long enough for the suffering Petes fans. You deserve it

Last edited:

TommyV27

Sep 20, 2019
Our seats are just behind the Gens penalty box. As Walker headed there after the JPJ fight, he was rubbing his left wrist and forearm.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Apparently not having Nico Daws doesn't affect Guelph. Their rookie backup stops 35/38 tonight against Windsor for the win. Gens have them Sunday

Ex-Pete Pavel Gogolev keeps scoring (2 more tonight) and now has 48 points in 29 games for them

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Apparently not having Nico Daws doesn't affect Guelph. Their rookie backup stops 35/38 tonight against Windsor for the win. Gens have them Sunday

Ex-Pete Pavel Gogolev keeps scoring (2 more tonight) and now has 48 points in 29 games for them
Now that Gogolev jab was your best work...ouch lol

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017

Side note: isn't "JPJ'd" to take a bad penalty that costs your team a goal against? I swear that's how @Petes_Updates on twitter uses that verb....

Your Petes look really shaky on the back-end there. Hopefully Oke can actually pull the trigger for you guys this time and get the 2-3 D-men, top 6 F and 2 bottom 6 F upgrades he needs. It's been long enough for the suffering Petes fans. You deserve it
Sorry just not a Walker fan at all. Petes need another dman with an offensive side for sure and 1-2 forwards to compete for OHL in anticipation of other teams moves, if it all stayed same they’re fine can’t get higher than 1st? Missing Gallant Kirk Little and Maier, rookies McTavish Avon top 2 lines as well as rookies T Robertson (a steal in draft by oke) Troley and McMullen playing tons that game I’ll take that. Finally some solid efforts vs Gens who have owned Petes it makes for some good games now at least.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
anyone have a video of JPJ dummying walker?

hahaha you’re insulting JPJ if you’re acting like that’s him dummying someone. He’s 6’7, 230 and provides absolutely nothing other than to fight. And now you’re saying his best fight resulted in him not even being able to knock the guy down or bloody him? And I thought I was mean to the Petes, that was the meanest post yet and from a Petes fan!

He’s massive, he has to be one of the better fighters in the league, so surely he’s at least knocked someone down or bloodied someone before, no?

Last edited:

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017

Just watched the video of JPJ vs Walker and YES Walker got JPJ’d cmon be honest

Reactions: dirty12

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
We are dropping hard now. Good effort last night but it shows we had soft early schedule. I’m sure we will be moving a few players soon. It’s too bad on one side as a couple additions would have kept us at the top but big picture of Mem cup is the plan for next year then they will be looking to acquire at least 4 top end players plus an experienced goalie probably.

If a major market team like Ottawa bids though then I don’t think Oshawa gets it. Oshawa can only max out at 6300 fans per game compared to bigger arenas.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
We are dropping hard now. Good effort last night but it shows we had soft early schedule. I’m sure we will be moving a few players soon. It’s too bad on one side as a couple additions would have kept us at the top but big picture of Mem cup is the plan for next year then they will be looking to acquire at least 4 top end players plus an experienced goalie probably.

If a major market team like Ottawa bids though then I don’t think Oshawa gets it. Oshawa can only max out at 6300 fans per game compared to bigger arenas.

Hamilton bid for the 100th anniversary one and came dead last with their bid and they have the biggest arena of anyone

And the Gens aren’t actually dropping at all, despite the bad stretch. Barrie has the same record over their last 11 so Gens are still comfortably in 4th

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
hahaha you’re insulting JPJ if you’re acting like that’s him dummying someone. He’s 6’7, 230 and provides absolutely nothing other than to fight. And now you’re saying his best fight resulted in him not even being able to knock the guy down or bloody him? And I thought I was mean to the Petes, that was the meanest post yet and from a Petes fan!

He’s massive, he has to be one of the better fighters in the league, so surely he’s at least knocked someone down or bloodied someone before, no?
No one mentioning that it was Walkers 2nd fight in the span of what, 10 mins? I would hope JPJ could get some good shots in.

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
The most frustrating thing about this team is the passing right now. Almost every pass is either in someone’s skates or bobbles over someone’s stick. Tough to generate a good rush when you’re constantly slowing down to recover the puck.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
The most frustrating thing about this team is the passing right now. Almost every pass is either in someone’s skates or bobbles over someone’s stick. Tough to generate a good rush when you’re constantly slowing down to recover the puck.

Yeah that’s a good point. The Gens strength is speed through the neutral zone but when you have to slow down to receive a pass, hard to fly

I will say though Noel looked like 2018 Noel most of last night. He was flying through the neutral zone pretty often. He looks healthy again

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
When I say dropping hard I mean 4-10 in last 14 and a losing home record. I’m a fan but if we are being honest here we beat the teams we needed to beat and we are just not as good as the top teams right now.
Sure we will most likely be 4th or 5th in the east but a bunch of west teams are better right now.
If the goal is next year then we will move guys like Noel, neumann, McLean, villati, to make a few and maybe even mcshane.

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
Yeah that’s a good point. The Gens strength is speed through the neutral zone but when you have to slow down to receive a pass, hard to fly

I will say though Noel looked like 2018 Noel most of last night. He was flying through the neutral zone pretty often. He looks healthy again
Agreed. Noel was the best Gen last night. To the ahole sitting a couple rows behind me calling him a bum and piece of s... You sir are a terrible human. Hope you are proud of yourself yelling at a kid. Next time we will have a chat.

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
When I say dropping hard I mean 4-10 in last 14 and a losing home record. I’m a fan but if we are being honest here we beat the teams we needed to beat and we are just not as good as the top teams right now.
Sure we will most likely be 4th or 5th in the east but a bunch of west teams are better right now.
If the goal is next year then we will move guys like Noel, neumann, McLean, villati, to make a few and maybe even mcshane.
Why would you move McShane and Vallati who both are potentially elite OAs. Not a smart move. I think Hunt will tool like he did last year. Couple rounds for 2 rookie goalies is essential. I don’t see Winnipeg signing Valati and iffy on McShane with the Habs. The Habs have too many prospects in front of him. McShane could have a monster year next year. This team is in a funk. They deserved better last night. The goal that Jones missed was in. Ref blew his whistle knew he effd up then said high stick which it wasn’t. If it was blown dead on a high stick the faceoff comes outside and it didn’t. This team of officials were a joke all night for the total game

Reactions: HockeyPops

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017

Agree about 4-5 in the conference, I think that’s where everyone had them pre-season too. Don’t agree about a fire sale. They have a million picks already and don’t need to do that. And Neumann types playing in the top 6 help everyone. Also there’s value in playoff experience and winning a round would be big going into next year, especially if it’s against Barrie as that’ll likely be the big team with the Gens next year. And McShane/Vallati are both unsigned so could be back next year as an OA

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
I’m not saying move mcshane and villati for sure. I’m sure hunt knows who will be back and who probably won’t be back as OA’s. If he has any feeling they won’t then they get moved.
The what if’s are huge this year. If there was no mem cup option for next year I think they would have added.

Reactions: dirty12

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
I'm not saying to do a total fire sale, but you got to realize that Newman,Noel,Maclean as well as a few others, I say get the best offer in what ever combo that does.
Now if we would have Keyser in net as an OA might be a different story.
My opinion

Reactions: gensfan2k2

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I'm not saying to do a total fire sale, but you got to realize that Newman,Noel,Maclean as well as a few others, I say get the best offer in what ever combo that does.
Now if we would have Keyser in net as an OA might be a different story.
My opinion

There will be a taker for Noel, I’m sure. The OA market seems saturated. Outside of wingers Josling and Lodinia, I don’t see worthwhile returns for OAs. Neumann did look good on the wing with Vilaardi while in Kingston though

Last edited:

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
There will be a taker for Noel, I’m sure. The OA market seems saturated. Outside of wingers Josling and Lodinia, I don’t see worthwhile returns for OAs. Neumann did look good on the wing with Vilaardi while in Kingston though
I would put McGregor in Sarnia ahead of both Josling and Lodina. He is skilled at both ends of the ice and he is your "team first" type of player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad