Oshawa Generals 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I would put McGregor in Sarnia ahead of both Josling and Lodina. He is skilled at both ends of the ice and he is your "team first" type of player.

I like McGregor too. Although I think Lodnia would be the best fit to the Gens as he’s a pure goal scorer and that’s what they badly need. If Lodnia and Neumann were on a line together, look out

Reactions: Patverbeek

hockieguy

Sep 7, 2012
Ontario Canada
hahaha you’re insulting JPJ if you’re acting like that’s him dummying someone. He’s 6’7, 230 and provides absolutely nothing other than to fight. And now you’re saying his best fight resulted in him not even being able to knock the guy down or bloody him? And I thought I was mean to the Petes, that was the meanest post yet and from a Petes fan!

He’s massive, he has to be one of the better fighters in the league, so surely he’s at least knocked someone down or bloodied someone before, no?

he assassinated Walker last night. Did walker even land a punch? He sure gave it to JPJs knuckles with his face! He got beat up by JPJ and Carson the week before.

foghorn

Nov 4, 2017
jab? He’s been unbelievable this year. You’re not going to believe this, but not everything is about you guys... Jesus. The inferiority complex is something else
yes he has been very very good lol was aimed to be fun relax champ

freedom880

Jan 29, 2017
And the funk will continue tomorrow night..
Guelph 5 Gens 4
When your second powerplay has both Michaud and Winterton out there.. boy are u in trouble.. without reinforcements this team will be fighting for a playoff position in short order. What are u going to do Mr Hunt

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
just not enough to knock him down or bloody him at all? You guys are the ones insulting JPJ saying he landed a bunch of his best punches but they didn’t do any damage.... kinda mean if you ask me
There is always a winner and a loser and Walker was the loser that time no question nhl heavyweights probert domi etc used to go all time no blood no marks no knockdowns but always a winner...nice angle though lol A lawyer you are clearly not

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I would put McGregor in Sarnia ahead of both Josling and Lodina. He is skilled at both ends of the ice and he is your "team first" type of player.

He’s good for sure, as well as Mierles. I am just unaware of a team with a real want to spend on an OA center

cub

Apr 11, 2012
just not enough to knock him down or bloody him at all? You guys are the ones insulting JPJ saying he landed a bunch of his best punches but they didn’t do any damage.... kinda mean if you ask me

post the fight and I will let you know.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
There is always a winner and a loser and Walker was the loser that time no question nhl heavyweights probert domi etc used to go all time no blood no marks no knockdowns but always a winner...nice angle though lol A lawyer you are clearly not

Even if JPJ knocked him out cold, somehow Walker won in some eyes here.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
And the funk will continue tomorrow night..
Guelph 5 Gens 4
When your second powerplay has both Michaud and Winterton out there.. boy are u in trouble.. without reinforcements this team will be fighting for a playoff position in short order. What are u going to do Mr Hunt

Hahahaahahah come on. Forget a playoff spot, they're still 4 points clear of home ice in the first round (and have played 5(!) less games). I know all your schtick is "the sky is falling" posts but just be realistic for once. This team is a playoff team in it's sleep and odds are will be getting home ice in the 1st round.

You can be as negative as you want, but don't just say completely unrealistic stuff for the sake of being dramatic

freedom880

Jan 29, 2017
Hahahaahahah come on. Forget a playoff spot, they're still 4 points clear of home ice in the first round (and have played 5(!) less games). I know all your schtick is "the sky is falling" posts but just be realistic for once. This team is a playoff team in it's sleep and odds are will be getting home ice in the 1st round.

You can be as negative as you want, but don't just say completely unrealistic stuff for the sake of being dramatic
Check back in. in about 10 more games and we will see

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Check back in. in about 10 more games and we will see

you actually think in 10 games they’re going to be out of the playoffs?

They’re 12 points up with 3 games less played. Which means the Gens would have to go 0-10-0 in their next 10 (spoiler alert, they won’t) and Mississauga would have to go 7-0-0 in their games to pull ahead of the Gens by 2 points. And in that scenario, Kingston would also have to 7-1-0 in their next 8 or the Gens will still not be in 9th...

Listen, be super negative and act like the sky is falling every game. That’s a weird way to be a fan, but that’s your choice. But don’t just say crazy outlandish shit that has no chance of actually being true just because you want the other fans to believe you that the situation is as dire as you’re acting like it is. Because 95% of the Gens fans that participate in this thread consistently understand hockey and know that what you’re saying isn’t even close to a reality

Reactions: GensFan

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
As an aside, weird that a lot of PBO fans seem to want to talk about the JPJ/Walker fight but not a single one has brought up the Walker/Paquette fight where Walker beat Paquette after Paquette started the fight... Just a coincidence I'm sure :popcorn:

Reactions: Nerf27

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
As an aside, weird that a lot of PBO fans seem to want to talk about the JPJ/Walker fight but not a single one has brought up the Walker/Paquette fight where Walker beat Paquette after Paquette started the fight... Just a coincidence I'm sure :popcorn:

Check the game video....Walker dropped his gloves first. Yes Walker won the fight vs Paquette but he is more experienced.

According to the rules, I’m still not sure how Paquette got the instigator.

46.9 Instigator - An instigator of an altercation shall be a player who by his actions or demeanor clearly pursues an opponent who is a non-willing combatant; attacks or jumps his opponent and proceeds to throw punches.

How could Walker ever be called a “non-willing combatant “?

TommyV27

Sep 20, 2019
I’ll be missing the game today. My daughter neglected to consult the Gens schedule when picking her wedding day. I flipped a coin, it came up “wedding”.

Enjoy the game..I’ll pick the Gens with a 4-2 win, Luke Skywalker with the winning goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->