Oshawa Generals 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
again reading too much into it.

I'm not reading into anything. I literally have only said if he's available I'd love to get him because he's going to be very good lol.

But what I do know is a quick way to get a kid to want to leave town is to play him out of position in his draft year when he's probably a top 100 pick in the coming NHL draft. Can't see SBY doing that again

Reactions: Patverbeek

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I'm not reading into anything. I literally have only said if he's available I'd love to get him because he's going to be very good lol.

But what I do know is a quick way to get a kid to want to leave town is to play him out of position in his draft year when he's probably a top 100 pick in the coming NHL draft. Can't see SBY doing that again

He’s a team guy, like rest of team a good kid. I guess you’re experiencing that with Noel.

Reactions: Iloveallsports

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
He’s a team guy, like rest of team a good kid. I guess you’re experiencing that with Noel.

Tell Stillman to keep playing him as a forward then and we'll see how good of a teammate he is.... :laugh:

I'm sure someone higher up in the Sudbury brass told Stillman how dumb that move was and he won't do it again

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Like Dylan Wells before him, Hunter Jones has been cut from Team Canada despite many thinking he was a lock to be the #1 goalie before the season started. Assume he'll be in net tomorrow night as Tye Austin rocks a .863 save % this year. Gens will get Guelph on Sunday without Nico Daws though and Ottawa next Friday without Kevin Bahl, as they both made it

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I will ask KEEPITREAL to take care of you again, better behave.

One of these time you’ll stumble into a funny post. Just keep your head up and keep trying..

Here, I like your persistence so I’ll give you a funny joke that you can use: Christian Purboo as the starting goalie on a team who needs to win this year

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
No Gross or Suni tonight will make it tough. Even still, if it was Austin in net I'd take the Gens for sure but Jones is back now so I'll go 4-3 PBO, Robertson

Chipmunk

Sep 20, 2019
Going with my heart on this one. Gens 4 Petes 3 - Neumann.
Will be tough with Jones in net and us without Gross and Suni.
Any word if Ganier will play?

freedom880

Jan 29, 2017
Sorry to say but the beat down will continue..
Petes 6 Oshawa 3

Are u listening Mr. Hunt? Rocco?

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Sorry to say but the beat down will continue..
Petes 6 Oshawa 3

Are u listening Mr. Hunt? Rocco?

The Petes are the 2nd best team in the entire league, so yes, they should be beating a team who's selling this year..... Lol

What exactly would you like Hunt to do? Mortgage the potential Mem Cup next year so the can lose in the 3rd round instead of the 2nd round this year?

GeneralConversation

Nov 1, 2018
The Petes are the 2nd best team in the entire league, so yes, they should be beating a team who's selling this year..... Lol

What exactly would you like Hunt to do? Mortgage the potential Mem Cup next year so the can lose in the 3rd round instead of the 2nd round this year?
I understand and agree with what you’re saying. I do however believe the team is in a funk. I don’t think they come out of it until some moves are made. I think the kids are playing with a cloud over their heads knowing full well that some of them won’t be around very much longer.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I understand and agree with what you’re saying. I do however believe the team is in a funk. I don’t think they come out of it until some moves are made. I think the kids are playing with a cloud over their heads knowing full well that some of them won’t be around very much longer.

What moves would you like to see made? Nobody around the league has made any moves lately, which means nobody is available yet.

I would think it's likely that Noel is the only one that gets moved for next year

GeneralConversation

Nov 1, 2018
What moves would you like to see made? Nobody around the league has made any moves lately, which means nobody is available yet.

I would think it's likely that Noel is the only one that gets moved for next year
Not suggesting any harsh moves. Stating an opinion for their funk. I agree with what you’re saying but when kids get something in their minds it’s hard to get it out. If they think the Cup is coming and changes are imminent, then try getting that out of their heads. They need a leader to step up and get them to focus on now. So who’s the guy(s) to bring this around?

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Not suggesting any harsh moves. Stating an opinion for their funk. I agree with what you’re saying but when kids get something in their minds it’s hard to get it out. If they think the Cup is coming and changes are imminent, then try getting that out of their heads. They need a leader to step up and get them to focus on now. So who’s the guy(s) to bring this around?

I don't think it's a lack of focus. They've played some good teams lately and then just took a bunch of penalties against KGN and lost that one. Now they have 4 straight against the 3 ranked OHL teams in the country. Extreme focus isn't going to mean much when you're playing a more talented and more veteran team. 2-2 in the next 4 would be a success I'd say. 1-3 is the most likely if we had to bet

The good news is Barrie has the exact same 3-6-1 record over the last 10 and that's who the Gens will be fighting with for the 4 seed in the 2nd half of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad