Oshawa Generals 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
Your GM traded for Walker lol he’s not there to play the organ or play the puck for that matter haha

walker and Parker-Jones are the same player. They both stink at hockey but they’re big so they hang around as an “agitator”. I personally am glad the ohl is moving away from these players and more towards younger and faster players. Unfortunately that may mean less really pointless arguments for you to start on here tho Mowan...

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
walker and Parker-Jones are the same player. They both stink at hockey but they’re big so they hang around as an “agitator”. I personally am glad the ohl is moving away from these players and more towards younger and faster players. Unfortunately that may mean less really pointless arguments for you to start on here tho Mowan...
No arguments all good I’ll move on

Whatanathol

Jul 27, 2018
Oshawa
Solid team effort.

Jesus stepping up big time in Gross absence.

Paps clearly the #1 goalie. Made some big saves early on.

Nobody missed Walker and the team was flying as a result.

Tully plays a big game for his size. Some solid hits.

#29 needs to get going.

Gens fans are going to miss Noel. Now that he is healthy, the Gens should get a great return for him come Trade Dead Line.

#21 had good game.

Awagner3018

Sep 27, 2018
Agreed. Noel was the best Gen last night. To the ahole sitting a couple rows behind me calling him a bum and piece of s... You sir are a terrible human. Hope you are proud of yourself yelling at a kid. Next time we will have a chat.
Was it section 120? There's a couple guys there same thing a couple weeks back. Could not stand told them to be quiet and they purposefully continued like donkeys.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Best I can do
OSHAWA — The Oshawa Generals are hoping the third time is a charm where recent Memorial Cup bids are concerned.
For the third time in just over a decade, the Generals have expressed their intention to bid for the tournament, which annually crowns the top team in the Canadian Hockey League (CHL).
Having most recently lost out on the 100th anniversary tournament, which went to Regina in 2018, the Generals expressed their intention to bid for the 2021 Memorial Cup by filing contact forms to the Ontario Hockey League (OHL) office on Monday, Dec. 16.
Roger Hunt, vice-president and general manager of the team, cautioned that it’s only a starting point and plenty more has to fall into place for the process to continue.
Story continues below
But, he’s nevertheless excited to take that first step.
“I think it would be embraced with open arms here to certainly get something as prestigious as this to be here in Oshawa and the Durham Region,” he said. “The city and all the parties are working together and if there’s an opportunity for us to do it, and certainly if we were ever to be successful, it would be a great opportunity here.”
The Generals were thought to be a favourite for the 2008 tournament, with a brand new arena and a roster that included John Tavares, but the tournament instead went to the Kitchener Rangers.
In 2018, Oshawa lost out in a process that was open to all CHL teams — in honour of the 100th anniversary — to Regina, a team that arguably had a better combination of history and talent at the time.
The Generals are currently in the midst of a competitive 17-10-0-2 season, but could switch their focus to next season’s roster to enhance the bid if it moves forward.
The next important deadline is in February, when bid guidelines are announced.

Chipmunk

Sep 20, 2019
Parker - Jones of the Petes has been suspended 2 games for the Dec 13 game in Oshawa so he will miss the rematch this week. As the OHL no longer bothers to publish the reasons for suspensions we are left to guess. Anyone know why? I would also like to know why Gallant only got 1 game for his Dec 12 blindside hit, and even better why Hinz got nothing for his cross checking to the face. Noel got 5 games for his cross check in preseason. The total lack of consistency by the OHL is a joke.

Reactions: three dog night

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Parker - Jones of the Petes has been suspended 2 games for the Dec 13 game in Oshawa so he will miss the rematch this week. As the OHL no longer bothers to publish the reasons for suspensions we are left to guess. Anyone know why? I would also like to know why Gallant only got 1 game for his Dec 12 blindside hit, and even better why Hinz got nothing for his cross checking to the face. Noel got 5 games for his cross check in preseason. The total lack of consistency by the OHL is a joke.
Walker not playing either as he is injured. Your right OHL is a joke.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018

Parker-Jones is suspended 2 games because he has 4 fights this year. Any fight after 3 you get 2 games every time. Although instigated upon fights don't count but JPJ has none of those. Walker is also at 3 fights now so he'll get 2 games for each fight (unless someone else instigates it) going forward

Chipmunk

Sep 20, 2019
Parker-Jones is suspended 2 games because he has 4 fights this year. Any fight after 3 you get 2 games every time. Although instigated upon fights don't count but JPJ has none of those. Walker is also at 3 fights now so he'll get 2 games for each fight (unless someone else instigates it) going forward
That you for the response. I thought you got the 2 games after 3 fights and was aware Walker was at three. Did not know it is four and JPJ was already at the threshold.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
That you for the response. I thought you got the 2 games after 3 fights and was aware Walker was at three. Did not know it is four and JPJ was already at the threshold.

Yeah you're allowed 3, 2 games for your 4th, 2 games for your 5th and so on

Walker is at like 6 but 3 of them the other guy got the instigator so they don't count against him.

Chipmunk

Sep 20, 2019
Yeah you're allowed 3, 2 games for your 4th, 2 games for your 5th and so on

Walker is at like 6 but 3 of them the other guy got the instigator so they don't count against him.
Actually Walker has "only" had 5 fights with 2 not counting as he was "instigated upon". Based on his reputation he has been pretty well behaved this year. Of course he did miss 10 games with a suspension for the same hit Gallant just got 1 game for. But this goes back to my original comment about OHL inconsistency and reputation.

Reactions: three dog night
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad