Oshawa Generals 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Gens might be the worst shootout team ever

MacLean: 5/8
Rest of the roster: 0/9

Paputsakis: 0-1 and has stopped 2/3
MacLean: 0-2 and has stopped 1/5

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I predict Saginaw in a picks based deal that puts Perfett in a Gennies uniform next deadline.

Would be dumb for Saginaw to not get the absolute most they could for Perfetti, who will be one of the best players in the country. 2 part trades are fun for fans but don’t happen in reality

Reactions: NorthernVoice

Maddangler

Nov 25, 2018
I'd say Kooy would be an upgrade and a good mentor for Paps. Happy to work a deal for Noel.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Hey guys so what’s the deal with Serron Noel?? Is he legit on the trade market?? Apparently he hasn’t walked off the team since he was back tonight.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Would be dumb for Saginaw to not get the absolute most they could for Perfetti, who will be one of the best players in the country. 2 part trades are fun for fans but don’t happen in reality
Yeah, Perfetti could very well end up in Oshawa next year but it will be because they have the most to offer (and he'd probably be happy to go to Oshawa)... man I get sick of people dreaming up two part trades that never happen on these boards...

Question for you GU, as it relates to next year's draft, I know you've talked up the Oshawa MM team and they have a potential first rounder on it, do you assume whoever the Gens take in round one next year ends up being traded at the 2020/21 deadline and basically give no consideration that all things being equal, it could be an Oshawa player there? It seems to me taking the Oshawa player, if there and a reasonable pick, may actually make it harder to trade him.

And yes, this is obviously the Petes J-R Avon discussion, and I know the follow up may be he was the safe pick to cover for McTavish, etc, etc, but Avon actually looks pretty good and I'll be very curious to see if the Petes are actually willing to move 3.5 years of him at the deadline for .5 years of Thomas/Noel/Hayton/whoever... which could be the Oshawa scenario next year.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I'd say Kooy would be an upgrade and a good mentor for Paps. Happy to work a deal for Noel.

Nah, wouldn't make any sense for the Gens to get Kooy. He's not an elite OA next year and that would be the only reason they'd trade for a '00 goalie now

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Yeah, Perfetti could very well end up in Oshawa next year but it will be because they have the most to offer (and he'd probably be happy to go to Oshawa)... man I get sick of people dreaming up two part trades that never happen on these boards...

Question for you GU, as it relates to next year's draft, I know you've talked up the Oshawa MM team and they have a potential first rounder on it, do you assume whoever the Gens take in round one next year ends up being traded at the 2020/21 deadline and basically give no consideration that all things being equal, it could be an Oshawa player there? It seems to me taking the Oshawa player, if there and a reasonable pick, may actually make it harder to trade him.

And yes, this is obviously the Petes J-R Avon discussion, and I know the follow up may be he was the safe pick to cover for McTavish, etc, etc, but Avon actually looks pretty good and I'll be very curious to see if the Petes are actually willing to move 3.5 years of him at the deadline for .5 years of Thomas/Noel/Hayton/whoever... which could be the Oshawa scenario next year.

If the Gens get the Mem Cup next year then yeah they will definitely be trading their rookie 1st rounder at that deadline, even if it's Carson Christy.

This draft is a disaster though. Like 8 of the top 10 guys are NCAA. Christy could very likely be going top 10 with so many unknowns on Americans

Reactions: NorthernVoice

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Predictions on where Noel goes? In order of likelihood, I say

1. Ldn
2. Sag
3. Guelph
4. Ott
5. Ptbo

I would guess Sudbury as my #1 guess. They're forced to go all-in this year and have some young players or picks that I'm sure Hunt would be interested in. Flint would be my #2 guess as Noel for Vierling makes a ton of sense for both teams

Reactions: Whatanathol

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
One of the best games Noel has played in a long time, as for the game too many indiscipline penalties the cost us.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Could end up being a good year to trade Noel with so many teams still in the running still and nobody really pulling away yet. In the east I could see Ottawa, Peterborough or Sudbury all wanting him and any of London, Saginaw, Windsor, Guelph, Kitchener or Owen Sound wanting him in the west. Especially because he won’t cost as much as an Akil Thomas so a team like GUE/WSR could still add him without breaking the bank or costing a rookie 03

TommyV27

Sep 20, 2019
Hoping that the Generals start to snap out of their current funk in Kitchener tonight.

Looking for a 5-2 win and for Neumann to get back on the goal scoring list with the game winner.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Gross officially named to Switzerland's world Junior team. Probably gonna be on the top line.

Congrats to him.

Reactions: dirty12

freedom880

Jan 29, 2017
Kitchener 5 Oshawa 3

The Gens have lost 6 out of their last 7 ouch. Whats wrong? We have players on our roster that are not ohl calibre right now... Walker, I could skate faster than him.. Winterton who is non existent.. Michaud whose not ready yet.. Did I miss anybody, im sure I did. Watched the game last night and what a disappointment to lose to the second worst team in the OHL in out barn.. a lot of outside perimeter skating and control but no finish..show some pride boys.. I think our coach is in over his head and the players are not responding well as of late. I wear Gens pride thru and thru and to see them play this badly is so disappointing. Say it the way it is.. Go Gens Go.. prove me wrong boys

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Kitchener 5 Oshawa 3

The Gens have lost 6 out of their last 7 ouch. Whats wrong? We have players on our roster that are not ohl calibre right now... Walker, I could skate faster than him.. Winterton who is non existent.. Michaud whose not ready yet.. Did I miss anybody, im sure I did. Watched the game last night and what a disappointment to lose to the second worst team in the OHL in out barn.. a lot of outside perimeter skating and control but no finish..show some pride boys.. I think our coach is in over his head and the players are not responding well as of late. I wear Gens pride thru and thru and to see them play this badly is so disappointing. Say it the way it is.. Go Gens Go.. prove me wrong boys

The Gens are exactly what most of us projected they'd be before the season started. The 3rd or 4th best team in the East, which means they'll be good but inconsistent, which is exactly what they've been since the crazy win streak to start the season

Although we figured goaltending would be the biggest source of inconsistency but they actually been pretty good for a rookie and a guy who's never been a starter in the OHL. They're a combined .897 save % this year

freedom880

Jan 29, 2017
The Gens are exactly what most of us projected they'd be before the season started. The 3rd or 4th best team in the East, which means they'll be good but inconsistent, which is exactly what they've been since the crazy win streak to start the season
We will have to see about that Gensupdates.. I hope your right but the way I see it .. a 5th or sixth seed right now.. toss up between Barrie , Hamilton, Mississauga and the Gens. This losing streak is more to what we should expect the rest of the season unless Hunt brings in some reinforcements

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
We will have to see about that Gensupdates.. I hope your right but the way I see it .. a 5th or sixth seed right now.. toss up between Barrie , Hamilton, Mississauga and the Gens. This losing streak is more to what we should expect the rest of the season unless Hunt brings in some reinforcements

They’re 8 points up on HAM with 3 less games played and 16 points up on MISS with a game less played. Can’t see either one of them catching the Gens

Barrie is the only team that could catch them. An Oshawa/Barrie first round series is very, very likely. Who gets home ice is the only question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->