Oshawa Generals 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I know you just talked about it not being the time, but do you know if Gross intends on staying? Are they gonna have to take 1 or 2 imports this year?

No idea honestly. Gross will have options in Europe to play pro, but ultimately it'll come down to what the Rangers want. If they want him in North America, he'll be back in the OHL. If they want him to play against grown men, he'll play a season of pro in Europe

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
This is only based on geography and a little on NIA's needs but I could see McKinney and Schell being the pieces going to NIA if the Tomasino rumours are true. McKinney (02) had a solid rookie year getting 17 pts in 26 gp with the GOJHL St. Catherines Falcons. Schell (01) won GOJHL goalie of the year for Hamilton and with Dhillon gone there's an opening. Again, this isn't a rumour of any kind, I could just see it working out.

Don't think that would get it done. Niagara would likely need an OHL player already and the picks

Reactions: the dog

coolwood

Dec 9, 2016
No idea honestly. Gross will have options in Europe to play pro, but ultimately it'll come down to what the Rangers want. If they want him in North America, he'll be back in the OHL. If they want him to play against grown men, he'll play a season of pro in Europe

Don't think that would get it done. Niagara would likely need an OHL player already and the picks
Thanks. Makes sense

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
To get Tomasino, something in line with the Gens deal for Neumann would seem about right. That was Wong, a 2nd and a 3rd plus a conditional.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
To get Tomasino, something in line with the Gens deal for Neumann would seem about right. That was Wong, a 2nd and a 3rd plus a conditional.

It'd cost more than that I think. Tomasino will be a 1st/2nd round pick to the NHL and you'd get him for 2 full years. Neumann was for 1.5 years and he wasn't drafted (although a very good OHLer)

Reactions: the dog

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
It'd cost more than that I think. Tomasino will be a 1st/2nd round pick to the NHL and you'd get him for 2 full years. Neumann was for 1.5 years and he wasn't drafted (although a very good OHLer)
I’d say a Robinson would be involved. If he’s healthy he’s going to be a good one

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
I was also thinking Robinson. He would be the Wong in my proposal. Maybe add the second 2nd to my deal!

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I assume the same we just got with Moore? 3 2nds and 3 3rds. It'd be for 2 full years of Tomasino, with the 2nd one being the Mem Cup year where he'd be a top 5 player in the OHL you'd think.

It will be really interested to see what the 67s do next season. If they do a slight reboot next year and dish off Bahl and Hoelscher as deadline deals, it could be really interesting fighting with Oshawa the following year including the rights to Host the Memorial Cup.

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa

Ian always captures some great moments, but that 2nd photo is really good. I know its often brought up how irreplaceable DJ is, but this is a great shot that shows the mutual respect that Walters and the team have for each other.

Reactions: Lycanthrope

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
For two years of Tomasino, I imagine it will cost Robinson and multiple 2nds and 3rds.

Yeah, Robinson +2/3 2nds+2/3 3rds

Even if it's 3 2nds+3rds, that would make the overall trade 3 months of Studnicka+Brassard and 3 years of Robinson for 3.5 years of Moore and 2 years of Tomasino

I would love that

GeneralConversation

Nov 1, 2018
This Sat/Sun

Saturday game is 2pm. Sunday game is 10:30am
Thanks for the info.
So there won’t be any current squad members there with the Ottawa trip. Guess we’ll have to wait for main camp to see the skill difference from the up and coming and the current. Might make it out for one of them.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
Thanks for the info.
So there won’t be any current squad members there with the Ottawa trip. Guess we’ll have to wait for main camp to see the skill difference from the up and coming and the current. Might make it out for one of them.

Do older guys usualyl take part in rookie camp?

SH15

May 11, 2012
Toronto, ON
My memory is foggy but I think usually two of previous years Rookies join in. I think it was Brewer & Wong last year. So perhaps it would've been Tullio & Drouin (since Robinson is injured) this time. All irrelevant now as pointed out. The guys are kind of busy :)

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Good day Gens fans. First of all congrats on beating the dogs, to be honest I thought you would lose in 6/7 games. Really looking forward to this series. Hopefully we get good physical hockey with no stupid stuff. Good luck and my (obviously biased) prediction, Ottawa in six.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad