Oshawa Generals 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Congrats on a great season.

In my opinion, Oshawa won the Deadline. I said as much at the time. They really took advantage of the market this year. It was ripe for the picking and they certainly picked!

I thought the Generals would have been better at the beginning of the season but something was wrong-missing. It seemed like the team was playing hollow hockey. Noel was bland and the rest of the team seemed like they were mailing it in most nights. The deadline really shook things up and IMO Executive of the Year honours should land in Oshawa’s lap.

I Iike the way the team looks next year. I hope you can snag a goalie, either in the Import Draft or through trade. I love a lot of the Generals players. They play strong hockey and don’t fart around. Well coached. Strong organization. Great fans.

Good luck on a strong offseason. Get some players signed and we can battle it out again next year!

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012

In my opinion, Oshawa won the Deadline. I said as much at the time. They really took advantage of the market this year. It was ripe for the picking and they certainly picked!

I thought the Generals would have been better at the beginning of the season but something was wrong-missing. It seemed like the team was playing hollow hockey. Noel was bland and the rest of the team seemed like they were mailing it in most nights. The deadline really shook things up and IMO Executive of the Year honours should land in Oshawa’s lap.

I Iike the way the team looks next year. I hope you can snag a goalie, either in the Import Draft or through trade. I love a lot of the Generals players. They play strong hockey and don’t fart around. Well coached. Strong organization. Great fans.

Good luck on a strong offseason. Get some players signed and we can battle it out again next year!
Well said. It’s not too often you trade your number 1 Centre and a top D for an A plus rookie and picks and make the conference final. Bonus hockey this year nothing for the players to hang their heads. That Ottawa team is crazy good. Good luck the rest of the way.

Reactions: OshawaFan2018

The Little General

Mar 30, 2017

Nicely said OMG - the better team won! No humble pie or shots from you - class statement and act! Good luck in the Finals - Ottawa WILL Represent the O in the Memorial Cup - you heard it here first!

Reactions: Nerf27

ETA 2000 Fan

Apr 16, 2015
Further to OMG's comments (all of which I agree with), classy to see the entire Gens players and staff shake with the entire 67's players and staff (not the coaches shaking the coaches' hands and disappearing like another team I won't mention).

Gens are a terrific organization with a bright future. All the best.

Reactions: bert and Nerf27

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa

Well said. I don't know if we'll ever find out if there was a reason for Hunt to trade away our captain and best defender. He could've settled for the picks and Moore, but bringing in guys like Salinitri, Saigeon, and Mattinen, all changed the dynamic of this team for the better. Maclean was also a great choice to give the C to. The guy puts it all out on the ice.

I don't know where we'll be next year without our saving grace in net. I do think a couple years from now, the leadership and the results from this run will be paying off huge for guys like Tullio, Moore and Brewer.

icepups

Jul 11, 2014
Well said. I don't know if we'll ever find out if there was a reason for Hunt to trade away our captain and best defender. He could've settled for the picks and Moore, but bringing in guys like Salinitri, Saigeon, and Mattinen, all changed the dynamic of this team for the better. Maclean was also a great choice to give the C to. The guy puts it all out on the ice.

I don't know where we'll be next year without our saving grace in net. I do think a couple years from now, the leadership and the results from this run will be paying off huge for guys like Tullio, Moore and Brewer.

I hope your not saying that Brassard was your best defender.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I hope your not saying that Brassard was your best defender.

Last year he was for sure, which is why the Canucks drafted him as a re-entry. He was extremely mobile, physical and a real pest to play against. This year he lost almost all of his speed, still was very good at getting shots to the net but lost his ability to play on the right side of the line. Yet somehow Hunt convinced Niagara they were trading for the 2017-2018 Brassard.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Has already been said above but the Gens are in a really good spot going into next year now.

Looking around the East, all 5 of Ottawa's top 5 scorers from the playoffs will be gone next year, 5 of Niagara's top 6 scorers will be gone (and there are rumours that the only other one will be a Gen next year) but only 2 of the Gens top 6 scorers will be gone next year. Also have more 2nd round picks available to trade than any other team in the Eastern Conference going into next season.

I'd expect Harrison and Michaud to be signed soon and then it'll be quiet until the import draft.

icepups

Jul 11, 2014
I mean if you wanna imply we traded you a mediocre d-man who Burke used as your PP QB, go for it. It at least fits with the narrative that Burke is a terrible coach.

Sure. I'll go for it. Not a fan of either of the Burkie JR's. Joey got absolutely fleeced on both major trades (Kingston & Oshawa) and Billy is a terrible HC. His inability to make on the fly adjustments to a game plan is obvious. Your Generals figured out Niagara's PP in very short order and Billy was unable to come up with a plan B. And that's only 1 quick example. Niagara would have been better off keeping Moore and the draft picks and going a different route but Joey had his heart set on Studnicka and Brassard and it dearly cost him.

Anyway, this is your forum so I'll get out of your hair. You are going to have a fantastic team next year. Enjoy the success you will surely experience. Cheers!

Reactions: TuckerFan1

LR8

Mar 8, 2018
Sure. I'll go for it. Not a fan of either of the Burkie JR's. Joey got absolutely fleeced on both major trades (Kingston & Oshawa) and Billy is a terrible HC. His inability to make on the fly adjustments to a game plan is obvious. Your Generals figured out Niagara's PP in very short order and Billy was unable to come up with a plan B. And that's only 1 quick example. Niagara would have been better off keeping Moore and the draft picks and going a different route but Joey had his heart set on Studnicka and Brassard and it dearly cost him.

Anyway, this is your forum so I'll get out of your hair. You are going to have a fantastic team next year. Enjoy the success you will surely experience. Cheers!

Give credit where credit is due. Oshawa just might have a good coach more than Niagara having a bad one. Not always the losing coach did a bad job, sometimes the other guy does a great job - just look at the NHL and the Leafs Bruins series. It's not that Babcock did a bad job.... oh never mind I can't even finish typing that sentence. You are right sometimes a coach is bad, but Oshawa coach seems very strong. Show me a good goalie and I will show you a good coach, but Gens did seem to adjust well and figure things out as games and series progressed.

Good year and bright future for the Gens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad