Oshawa Generals 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Congrats to the Gens. Quite the comeback after being down 2-0. Looking forward to a good series.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Congrats to your team, a very solid Team you beat out. Niagara Coach still isn't sure what happened however I think on the best of days he gets out coached regularly.
Yeah the coached got out coached this series for sure, all he does yells at the ref or has it hands up.

bladesausteel2941

Apr 12, 2019
Yeah the coached got out coached this series for sure, all he does yells at the ref or has it hands up.
They fired Williamson for... what exactly? Plus I'll say it one last time, then thank goodness he's gone, Dhillon was not the answer.

Good luck Oshawa, your tendie was amazing.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
They fired Williamson for... what exactly? Plus I'll say it one last time, then thank goodness he's gone, Dhillon was not the answer.

Good luck Oshawa, your tendie was amazing.

Williamson's most recent "like" on twitter is someone ripping apart Niagara for having no discipline and the GM being awful lol

LR8

Mar 8, 2018
You have no idea how long I’ve been waiting for a team to do that. It is so much cheaper to upgrade your OA’s than it is to go out and get 19 year olds. It made so much sense for the Gens to add Saigeon and Mattinen. Throw in a cheap acquisition in NEumann and it’s a full stop deadline. I loved it then, and I love it now.

Unfortunately, the 67’s also bought cheaply with Maksimovich and Chiodo as well as DiPietro. I think it will be too much for the Generals this round. It should be a fn ride though!

Yes both teams did well, however I am surprised the 67's did not spend a bit more after they went all in with the goalie trade. 67's look stronger than Gens, however is that the result of playing weaker competition in playoffs to date? Hamilton and Sud (with a goalie who was 80% of the team) are not the same challenge that the Gens have overcome in Petes and Nia. Still I think 67's might end things this round for the Generals, but if Oshawa goalie continues who knows? Will be interesting.

Reactions: dirty12

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Congratulations, you deserved to win that series. Go get Ottawa you have a very solid lineup and a great goalie who can steal a series. Best of luck

Reactions: gensfan2k2

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Before the game Greg Walters talks about discipline and not yelling at the refs, which Niagara did all series and it cost them the game again last night. You never saw Studnicka take this reckless of a penalty in a big game in Oshawa. Lots of questions to be asked about the Niagara coach, but when his brother is the GM, hard to see him going anywhere

Reactions: GensFan

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
Remember that time that Oshawa traded their best forward and captain along with their top OA D to Niagara for their best young D and picks for a rebuild and the future. Oh ya then beat them out of the playoffs. Wow Mr Hunt wow. I will tip a glass of whiskey and nod my head in your honour. Please never leave us. Pretty please.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Yes both teams did well, however I am surprised the 67's did not spend a bit more after they went all in with the goalie trade. 67's look stronger than Gens, however is that the result of playing weaker competition in playoffs to date? Hamilton and Sud (with a goalie who was 80% of the team) are not the same challenge that the Gens have overcome in Petes and Nia. Still I think 67's might end things this round for the Generals, but if Oshawa goalie continues who knows? Will be interesting.

OHL hockey is predictably unpredictable. That is the one and only thing I have learner for certain about Junior Hockey.

Regarding the 67s, I somewhat agree regarding the "going all in" comment. The problem is they've been accumulating talent for this shot now for a few seasons. Therefore they were not in need of blowing their brains out. Arguably they could have added a D-Man (which is my opinion) but they do have 6 really solid guys with varying attributes suitable for playoffs. So I can't really heartily argue for either side of that debate.

I love what Oshawa did at the deadline. I really felt the market was open for a team to do just that and Oshawa took advantage.

This series should come down to goaltending. If DiPietro plays at the same level as Keyser, it should be a short series. If Keyser stays with a .940+ save% it will be tough for the Poles to make it a short series, maybe not even win it. Keyser is that good.

I think the quick series start with Thur, Sat, Sun benefits Ottawa.

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Was watching the highlights from last night and noticed Ben Jones mouthing off to Keyser after he gave up the tying goal to Niagara in the 2nd. As fate would have it, Jones was caught watching Nando come in to rip home the gwg. You would’ve thought that team would’ve known to keep their mouths shut after Brassard got cocky after game 2. Poor managing, poor coaching, poor goaltending, and poor leadership. Good riddance.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Was watching the highlights from last night and noticed Ben Jones mouthing off to Keyser after he gave up the tying goal to Niagara in the 2nd. As fate would have it, Jones was caught watching Nando come in to rip home the gwg. You would’ve thought that team would’ve known to keep their mouths shut after Brassard got cocky after game 2. Poor managing, poor coaching, poor goaltending, and poor leadership. Good riddance.
I agree. Niagara from seeing them play Sudbury all season were so undisciplined and a reason for Sudbury beating them a few times. Jones and Maskimov are the worst and then Brassard and a few others are just too cocky. If they would have concentrated on the game itself and not all the nonsense they would be in the finals. The coaches allow that crap to happen and it cost them.

WJ

Reactions: LR8

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Probably just three

Will be closer to 5. You don't have a 2nd rounder until 2026 and only 2 3rds between now and 2024. Lose Studnicka, Robertson, Jones, Maksimov, Lodnia, Dhillon, Schaefer, Brassard and 4 of Hunter/Bukac/Castleman/Roberts/Philip/Johnson/Paquette. Add in no 1st round pick next year because of getting caught cheating. Tough times ahead for the Dogs. Wouldnt be surprised if rumours of the team being for sale start running wild this off-season. We'll see

Reactions: LR8

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I think the quick series start with Thur, Sat, Sun benefits Ottawa.

Agreed. If only Sudbury was even close to as good as some of the posters on their HFBoards thread claimed they were all year and actually forced Ottawa to work for more than 1 game of the round 2 series

This series will be very similar to the round 2 OSH vs NIA series. Oshawa will come in as underdogs but with Kyle Keyser and the Gens weapons up front/their powerplay, they'll have a chance

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls
Will be closer to 5. You don't have a 2nd rounder until 2026 and only 2 3rds between now and 2024. Lose Studnicka, Robertson, Jones, Maksimov, Lodnia, Dhillon, Schaefer, Brassard and 4 of Hunter/Bukac/Castleman/Roberts/Philip/Johnson/Paquette. Add in no 1st round pick next year because of getting caught cheating. Tough times ahead for the Dogs. Wouldnt be surprised if rumours of the team being for sale start running wild this off-season. We'll see
They do have a first rounder next year, it's the year after they don't. They'll get a boatload of picks when they trade Thomas this year and another boatload when they trade Tomasino as well. Paquette will fetch a few picks too. The team being for sale rumour started two years ago... that's not new.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Agreed. If only Sudbury was even close to as good as some of the posters on their HFBoards thread claimed they were all year and actually forced Ottawa to work for more than 1 game of the round 2 series

This series will be very similar to the round 2 OSH vs NIA series. Oshawa will come in as underdogs but with Kyle Keyser and the Gens weapons up front/their powerplay, they'll have a chance
Easy Tiguan! Sudbury had two serious injuries that prevented them from icing a full veteran line up. Serentis broke his leg first shift in game 1 and DeMeo played 0 playoff games due to a suspected concussion. So they essentially had two rookies and a sophomore in defence to go with Stratis 18, OBonswin 19 played forward all year sparklingly and the Candella. Not much to work with going into a series with the best team in the country. I think we did ok. If not for the injuries we would have taken it a bit further as you had hoped for.

WJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad