Oshawa Generals 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
This series is far from over lots of great points made and Ottawa may have mailed it in second half but until this series they haven’t had competition. They will ha e a huge push back game two IMO think they will crack dipietro is off his game if he doesn’t find it Ottawa is in trouble. The bad penalties late will be accounted for before next game and gens will be very disciplined 67’s are very deep but gens can play with them on every line and I think are stronger at the bottom when those lines get used more which they’ll have to the whole game will change this will be the best series of the ohl playoffs

You do realize Sudbury finished one single point behind Oshawa, right?

I can’t believe the disrespect Sudbury is getting on this thread. Sudbury is a good team. They have a lot of quality players including their goalie. They may not have brought their “A” game but it is also possible they were simply overmatched against a very strong Ottawa team. They did sweep the 5th place team in the first round so it is not like they were puppies sent to slaughter.

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014

I can’t believe the disrespect Sudbury is getting on this thread. Sudbury is a good team. They have a lot of quality players including their goalie. They may not have brought their “A” game but it is also possible they were simply overmatched against a very strong Ottawa team. They did sweep the 5th place team in the first round so it is not like they were puppies sent to slaughter.

I think it’s a Petes fan poster above . To me Ottawa, niagara and Oshawa were the top three teams all year with Ottawa the top of the class. Sudbury had a top goalie this year which influenced their place in the standings.

ETA 2000 Fan

Apr 16, 2015
100% agreed. I think you may be slightly underestimating their potential post deadline. I thought the team was better 2 minutes after the deadline than it was the week before the deadline. The team was missing something. IT was flat and guys like Noel weren’t playing to potential. The team should have been better.

Adding Neumann, Saigeon, and Mattinen was huge and great value. The team got the spark it needed. Like I said earlier, in my trade deadline winners and losers post, I had Oshawa as having the best deadline. I took some heat on that but I was pretty firm because I felt they took advantage of Niagara while also taking advantage of the relatively low acquisition costs for OA’s. Ottawa did the same except we didn’t sell a 19 year old.

Neumann, Saigeon, and Mattinen notwithstanding (all very good adds), I believe Mr. Hunt fleeced young Mr. Burke on the Moore deal.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
And Oshawa didn't have a top goalie influencing their place in the standings?

If you ask Sudbury or Sault Ste. Marie fans (or the one PBO fan who has since gone missing since making that claim), no they didn’t lol :laugh:

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
If you ask Sudbury or Sault Ste. Marie fans (or the one PBO fan who has since gone missing since making that claim), no they didn’t lol :laugh:

Well, I believe the more learned people know Keyser is a top 4 guy in the league this year. I am sure you will get all sorts of rankings of the top four but the top four seem to be pretty clear. Jsut a matter of ranking them. UPL, DiPietro, Keyser, and Andree are the clear top four in the league this year. I think most put UPL #1. The rest, dunno. Roll dice or something.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Well, I believe the more learned people know Keyser is a top 4 guy in the league this year. I am sure you will get all sorts of rankings of the top four but the top four seem to be pretty clear. Jsut a matter of ranking them. UPL, DiPietro, Keyser, and Andree are the clear top four in the league this year. I think most put UPL #1. The rest, dunno. Roll dice or something.
Sarnia Guy here. You’re certainly right if you’re talking eastern conference, but somebody’s about to be introduced to Prosvetov, if my guess proves correct. The guy is amazing

Reactions: WKBCFAN

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Sarnia Guy here. You’re certainly right if you’re talking eastern conference, but somebody’s about to be introduced to Prosvetov, if my guess proves correct. The guy is amazing

Yeah my top 5 (in order) in terms of OHL goalie would be Keyser, UPL, Prosvetov, DiPietro, Andree. Could easily make the case Andree is ahead of him, but DiPietro has the track record

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013

Prosvetov had a full season to prove he is in that top 4 zone and he didn’t. We can’t cherry pick a small sample size of playoffs, especially when the first round for top teams is usually a cakewalk, to decide if a goalie is what he is. HE’s done well in a short period. Al goalies get hot for a stretch and possibly Prosvetov is on that hot streak but using 11 games, four of which were against a bottom feeder, probably isn’t wise.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Yeah my top 5 (in order) in terms of OHL goalie would be Keyser, UPL, Prosvetov, DiPietro, Andree. Could easily make the case Andree is ahead of him, but DiPietro has the track record

My top 4 based on performance this year:

1> UPL
T2> Andree
T2> Keyser
4> DiPietro

Personally, I put Villalta ahead of Prosvetov if I am ranking regular season performance.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
And Oshawa didn't have a top goalie influencing their place in the standings?
This is too funny. Thanks for saving me the trouble of typing this man :) I was literally about to type this when I read your post. Took the words out of my mouth. Without Keyser, Ottawa would be playing Niagara.

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
This is too funny. Thanks for saving me the trouble of typing this man :) Literally took the words out of my mouth.

Sudbury fans (and specifically you as one of them) spent all year saying I was an idiot for saying Keyser was in the same convo as UPL and he was actually just way overrated lol. But now when it helps your argument, suddenly you knew he was elite all along. Funny how that works!

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Sudbury fans (and specifically you as one of them) spent all year saying Keyser was way overrated and that he wasn't in the same convo as UPL lol
C’mon man, go back and look at my posts and you’ll see I definitely became a Keyser believer. I even said I knew why you raved about him so much and I’ve posted several times how I thought he was an amazing athlete. How many times is that now that you incorrectly attribute something to me?

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017

In terms of NHL prospect, it's UPL at #1 without a doubt. He's just so big and athletic. But in terms of who I'd want in a 1 game playoff in the OHL, Keyser is the easy #1 for me with UPL at 2. I haven't seen a goalie with the compete level that Keyser has in a while. As a Leafs fan, it really sucks that Boston has a future stud in their system lol

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017

Sudbury had an alright team with an stellar goalie We all seen what Sudbury was at world junior time with no UPL gens and ottawa both have stellar goalies and very deep teams And I had niagara as the team coming out of the east I think Ottawa is an amazing team and can go all the way but watching both teams all season I just think the gens have the swagger to there game going at the perfect time

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
I think it’s a Petes fan poster above . To me Ottawa, niagara and Oshawa were the top three teams all year with Ottawa the top of the class. Sudbury had a top goalie this year which influenced their place in the standings.

Yupp I’m a petes fan and a huge dipietro fan. But still pumping gens tires cause I like what I see. Above all I’m a junior hockey fan

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Sudbury had an alright team with an stellar goalie We all seen what Sudbury was at world junior time with no UPL gens and ottawa both have stellar goalies and very deep teams And I had niagara as the team coming out of the east I think Ottawa is an amazing team and can go all the way but watching both teams all season I just think the gens have the swagger to there game going at the perfect time
I don’t want highjack the Gennies thread but since this is being discussed I will say what only those of us who watched the team know. They had shit goaltending in Ukko’s absence capish? I’m talking weak goals just about every game. Yes they also didn’t play with anywhere near the same confidence without UPL but with even mediocre goaltending they would have went at least five hundred and likely won the division.
Anyway Gens need to steal the next one.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013

There really isn't a big difference between Keyser and UPL. Keyser is an excellent goalie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad