Oshawa Generals 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Will be closer to 5. You don't have a 2nd rounder until 2026 and only 2 3rds between now and 2024. Lose Studnicka, Robertson, Jones, Maksimov, Lodnia, Dhillon, Schaefer, Brassard and 4 of Hunter/Bukac/Castleman/Roberts/Philip/Johnson/Paquette. Add in no 1st round pick next year because of getting caught cheating. Tough times ahead for the Dogs. Wouldnt be surprised if rumours of the team being for sale start running wild this off-season. We'll see

There didn’t seem to be lots left after Niagara went to the finals 2016. The ice dogs can probably get players and replace all the missing picks by trading away Thomas, Tomasino, and an OA or two.

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
They do have a first rounder next year, it's the year after they don't. They'll get a boatload of picks when they trade Thomas this year and another boatload when they trade Tomasino as well. Paquette will fetch a few picks too. The team being for sale rumour started two years ago... that's not new.

Lots of players to offer up, but I doubt there’s a lot of respect for Joey after the stunt he pulled this season with Oshawa and Owen Sound. We’ll see how much the other teams in the league are willing to throw him a life jacket when his teams drowning.

Reactions: sbpointer and LR8

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls
Lots of players to offer up, but I doubt there’s a lot of respect for Joey after the stunt he pulled this season with Oshawa and Owen Sound. We’ll see how much the other teams in the league are willing to throw him a life jacket when his teams drowning.
100% agreed on the respect aspect. Other GM's making a run will still be wanting the talent though.

Reactions: three dog night

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

GMs will want Thomas and pay through the nose if they want two years of Tomasino, end of story.

Reactions: three dog night

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Remember that time that Oshawa traded their best forward and captain along with their top OA D to Niagara for their best young D and picks for a rebuild and the future. Oh ya then beat them out of the playoffs. Wow Mr Hunt wow. I will tip a glass of whiskey and nod my head in your honour. Please never leave us. Pretty please.

GM of the year candidate there. If there is such an award.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
They do have a first rounder next year, it's the year after they don't. They'll get a boatload of picks when they trade Thomas this year and another boatload when they trade Tomasino as well. Paquette will fetch a few picks too. The team being for sale rumour started two years ago... that's not new.

The issue that teams who go all in and have no high picks for the foreseeable future, being an issue is a fallacy. Teams in the past have done the same and very quickly recouped all or most of their picks in short order. Windsor, for example, went all in for their cup run and in a calendar year they restocked their asset supply. Ditto most other teams who's cupboard was bare after an all in season.

Much to the dismay of all the bleeding heart whiners who condemned the trading of high picks years down the road.

Those that don't sell off after their all in year(s) have themselves to blame. Guelph after the 2014 run comes to mind.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
There didn’t seem to be lots left after Niagara went to the finals 2016. The ice dogs can probably get players and replace all the missing picks by trading away Thomas, Tomasino, and an OA or two.

I think the Tomasino deal to Oshawa is already done and agreed upon.

It was rumoured at the deadline from OHL Insiders, but I've heard again recently from people that I actually trust that a potential trade of Tomasino to the Gens for a young player and picks could be happening in the off-season. Sounds like its been agreed upon for a while now. Whether this series makes Niagara change their plans, who knows

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
It was rumoured at the deadline from OHL Insiders, but I've heard again recently from people that I actually trust that a potential trade of Tomasino to the Gens for a young player and picks could be happening in the off-season. Sounds like its been agreed upon for a while now. Whether this series makes Niagara change their plans, who knows

I don’t think Niagara has a choice now. They need to rebuild and to do so requires picks and young players. Tomasino would age out in a loser franchise and that doesn’t make sense for Niagara or the player.

The Generals are poised to contend next year and Tomasino would be an integral part of that.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I don’t think Niagara has a choice now. They need to rebuild and to do so requires picks and young players. Tomasino would age out in a loser franchise and that doesn’t make sense for Niagara or the player.

The Generals are poised to contend next year and Tomasino would be an integral part of that.

Niagara's other option would be to keep him and try to get max value for him at the deadline, hoping he has a big 1st half with Akil Thomas

STEEL33

Mar 25, 2019

The way I see it is at the end of last nights game the Icedogs have 13 o/a on the roster for next year. That is a high number!

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Do not see it has a factor .

fullsend

Feb 25, 2019
No matter what happens from this point on this season is a win for the Generals anything else is just a bonus. It’s going to be a tough series vs Ottawa I think they will need to win game 1 or 2 to have a chance, don’t think they will be able to pull off what they did vs niagara again

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
in january Brett Harrison

Nope. I've heard it's an off-season trade, so Brett Harrison wouldnt be eligible to be moved then, nor would the Gens move him, they're trying to host the 2021 Mem Cup and he'd be a big part of that team

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
so how many seconds would it cost to flip for tomasino plus young un named player ?

I assume the same we just got with Moore? 3 2nds and 3 3rds. It'd be for 2 full years of Tomasino, with the 2nd one being the Mem Cup year where he'd be a top 5 player in the OHL you'd think.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Was watching the highlights from last night and noticed Ben Jones mouthing off to Keyser after he gave up the tying goal to Niagara in the 2nd. As fate would have it, Jones was caught watching Nando come in to rip home the gwg. You would’ve thought that team would’ve known to keep their mouths shut after Brassard got cocky after game 2. Poor managing, poor coaching, poor goaltending, and poor leadership. Good riddance.
He never shuts up, never see a guy whine to the refs so much like just give it a break man

coolwood

Dec 9, 2016
This is only based on geography and a little on NIA's needs but I could see McKinney and Schell being the pieces going to NIA if the Tomasino rumours are true. McKinney (02) had a solid rookie year getting 17 pts in 26 gp with the GOJHL St. Catherines Falcons. Schell (01) won GOJHL goalie of the year for Hamilton and with Dhillon gone there's an opening. Again, this isn't a rumour of any kind, I could just see it working out.

coolwood

Dec 9, 2016
I know it's playoff time and not time to think about the import draft yet, but Roger Hunt met with one of the top forwards from Norway ('02 born) Kyrre Hellerud. Just keep that in the tickler file for when the import draft comes around.... Lol

15 goals in 30 games in their 18U league as a 15 year old. And 17 goals in 28 games in the 18U league as a 16 year old (and 8 points in 16 games in their U21 league)
DzpCBigU8AE4iym.jpg
I know you just talked about it not being the time, but do you know if Gross intends on staying? Are they gonna have to take 1 or 2 imports this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad