Oshawa Generals 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
I mean, he slashed a guy in the head.... lol
Ho_Sang finished the game and wasn't hurt... Just saying, the league will suspend a starting goalie if the action is severe enough.. I'd say it is.. not 8 games, but he should sit for a couple

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Ho_Sang finished the game and wasn't hurt... Just saying, the league will suspend a starting goalie if the action is severe enough.. I'd say it is.. not 8 games, but he should sit for a couple

That's my point.

When someone slashes someone in the head it's a no brainer. These ones like the Dhillon play you could argue one way or the other. But with clear intent to injure and it not being done during the play, that's where the league needs to have the balls in a 3-2 series to suspend an OA starting goalie. But they won't

Reactions: Drop the Puck

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
If I recall correctly this incident was also during the playoffs and he was suspended 8 games.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Games 3 and 4 Niagara claimed to have 3 fan buses at the TCC. For tonight's game the Gens just released to the public all but 2 rows of the visiting teams section. Have the Niagara fans who travelled to games 3/4 given up on their team?

Reactions: Drop the Puck

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
IceDog’s fans would say that the team has given up on them, not the other way around.
It was very glum leaving the MC on Saturday night. Much so that I wanted to continue riding my winning high and deaked out the back entrance.
Finish’em off tonight as a game 7 can be anyone’s.

fullsend

Feb 25, 2019
This is too good!

Attachments

• 858CD30F-2BCF-46A5-A25C-432931068B0C.png
    858CD30F-2BCF-46A5-A25C-432931068B0C.png
    207.1 KB · Views: 151

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
Congrats gennies that was an awesome series listened to every game on the radio if I can I’ll be there to watch the finals and will for one time only be cheering for Oshawa lol

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
This team is special man. Greg Walters put on a clinic this series. There’s something to be said about a coach who can get the entire team to buy in, and he’s done that. Niagara was too concerned with the dumb shit all series and it repeatedly cost them. That’s on the coach. I have a feeling we won’t be hearing from our dear friend Fischaber for a while, again ;)

If he was smart he’d start saying “SSM WILL NEBER WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP!” Because he’s literally never been right once, so might as well fade himself into some happiness :laugh::popcorn:

Reactions: dirty12

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
We’re probably a long shot to beat the 67’s, especially if we keep riding Keyser to the brink of exhaustion. Still love getting to see the Bobby Orr Trophy logo on our ice. Let’s hope the boys can bring Bobby to his rightful home.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Said it before and will say it again, generals management had the most creative trade deadline that any team has had in a long time!

You have no idea how long I’ve been waiting for a team to do that. It is so much cheaper to upgrade your OA’s than it is to go out and get 19 year olds. It made so much sense for the Gens to add Saigeon and Mattinen. Throw in a cheap acquisition in NEumann and it’s a full stop deadline. I loved it then, and I love it now.

Unfortunately, the 67’s also bought cheaply with Maksimovich and Chiodo as well as DiPietro. I think it will be too much for the Generals this round. It should be a fn ride though!

Whatanathol

Jul 27, 2018
Oshawa
Much like last years K' town load up (Gab, Pu, Day et al), something was missing in the pound that IMHO could not be salvaged with the addition of vet players in studs, brass, Robertson et al.

Coaching? Leadership? Goaltending?

I did not see enough Dogs games to comment on coaching and leadership but clearly Dhillon was outplayed by #38. Goaltending was the difference in the series. Nia should have pushed their chips all in with Keyser but ultimately gambled on the most important position in hockey and paid the price. No player is sacred in a 3 - 4 year career for high end talent...…..

Shame on ownership for being so short sighted to trade Studs and Brass for a bushel of picks and Rook' but obvious gem in Moore, who will ultimately be better than VDS given his superior speed and compete level to Mitchee, all other elements of their game being equal.

I was in Niagara on Sat and those fans deserve better. Great barn, location and production. Too bad the franchise will continue to make costly decisions, both past and present, that will mire them in a funk for years. Even if I'm wrong, history will look back on 2019 and conclude that even with a very good team, the Dogs will find a way to get owned by another franchise. Thankfully for them the lesson taught by the franchise who burned them may give them pause in future to think twice.

See you doggy folks for our lone road game at the Meridian next year. I suspect the fan buses to our humble city will be non existent, much like tonight, which amounted to a minivan rental compared to games 3 and 4.

Reactions: three dog night

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
You have no idea how long I’ve been waiting for a team to do that. It is so much cheaper to upgrade your OA’s than it is to go out and get 19 year olds. It made so much sense for the Gens to add Saigeon and Mattinen. Throw in a cheap acquisition in NEumann and it’s a full stop deadline. I loved it then, and I love it now.

Unfortunately, the 67’s also bought cheaply with Maksimovich and Chiodo as well as DiPietro. I think it will be too much for the Generals this round. It should be a fn ride though!
Don’t forget Gens picked up a stud in Moore. Creative, forward thinking GM that I ever seen in the OHL. After the deadline I was like wtf the Wolves will not only have to worry about Niagara for getting a better seed but Oshawa. And low an behold we couldn’t win those last few games vs both Niagara and Oshawa that resulted in a 4th place finish and likely 2nd round match up CD Ottawa. Our worst fear. Good on the Gens in picking up those leaders that one year earlier had a deep run. That experience is showing large right now. I do think Oshawa can make this a tough battle for the East. They are deeper than the Wolves and have goaltending as well. Should be very interesting Eastern final.

WJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad