Oshawa Generals 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Didn’t Oshawarun up the score against Peterborough a month or so ago.

The game you're referring to was 8-6 with 9 minutes left in the 3rd. Not exactly a blowout.

Also the Petes were taking some dirty runs at Gens players (Gallant went after Keyser, Little got a 5 minute penalty, Grondin got a 5 minute penalty). And the Gens/Petes are huge rivals and they played again the next night. Not exactly the same as putting out your top line with 1:30 left up 8-0 against a team you only play twice a year

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Read Kitchener and Owen Sound forum neither accused the Dogs of running up the score.

Please tell me you think a random fan with an hfboard account decides if that's running up the score or not

You can argue that running up the score isn't a big deal. But you can't argue the IceDogs didn't try to run up the score. They most certainly did

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Please tell me you think a random fan with an hfboard account decides if that's running up the score or not

You can argue that running up the score isn't a big deal. But you can't argue the IceDogs didn't try to run up the score. They most certainly did
While there not complaining

LR8

Mar 8, 2018
Situatio
Didn’t Oshawarun up the score against Peterborough a month or so ago.

Situation not the same - score was 8 6 with 10 mins to play and Petes took a bunch of stupid penalties. They were scored on 4 times in last 10 mins on PP. Tells you something when 3 goals are scored against on pp, and you are still playing shorthanded. Ice dogs with the cheating and on ice diving faking reputation beginning to be seen like last year soo team. Hot dogs, not ice dogs. They are very talented but according to score sheet the top line had multiple shifts in last 4 mins and scored at 18:31 of an 8 0 blow out. Very different scenario.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Situatio

Situation not the same - score was 8 6 with 10 mins to play and Petes took a bunch of stupid penalties. They were scored on 4 times in last 10 mins on PP. Tells you something when 3 goals are scored against on pp, and you are still playing shorthanded. Ice dogs with the cheating and on ice diving faking reputation beginning to be seen like last year soo team. Hot dogs, not ice dogs. They are very talented but according to score sheet the top line had multiple shifts in last 4 mins and scored at 18:31 of an 8 0 blow out. Very different scenario.
Owen Sound fans not complaining the Petes game you had a 10 to 6 lead late in the third and still put out the number one power play out to score two more in the final minutes.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
I believe the Sault was critized last season at times for the way they celebrated goals at times in one sided games.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Did not watch the Sault much so I do not know if they dove a lot I know Don Cherry criticism was celebrating goals in a one sided game never seen the Icedogs celerbrate a goal was the game becomes one sided Sopa has 18 goals and now mostly on the fourth line since Lodnia return.

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Did not watch the Sault much so I do nit know if they dove a lot I know Don Cherry criticism was celebrating goals in a one sided game never seen the Icedogs celerbrate a goal was the game becomes one sided Sopa has 18 goals and now mostly on the fourth line since Lodnia return.

He only got 1 shot last night and wasn't even on for a single goal in a 9-0 win. The 4th line was barely used, that's people's problem with the IceDogs in a 9-0 win

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
So Did the Icedogs on their last trip to Sudbury.

I was being facetious because after the Gens beat them, Sudbury fans were complaining that they played in Niagara the day before, so they must've been tired (even though the Gens had the exact same schedule in terms of 4-in-6 and 2 of them on the road)

Reactions: three dog night

fullsend

Feb 25, 2019
New user
Anyone else think Mattinen is terrible at defense? I find he’s always the slowest guy on the ice always gives up so many breakaways and a penalty shot attempt because forwards just fly past him. He also seems like he turns it over a lot. I will say I like his offensive ability’s he’s good on PP and always putting up the points. It just makes me nervous watching him on defense especially 3 on 3 past 2 games.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
New user
Anyone else think Mattinen is terrible at defense? I find he’s always the slowest guy on the ice always gives up so many breakaways and a penalty shot attempt because forwards just fly past him. He also seems like he turns it over a lot. I will say I like his offensive ability’s he’s good on PP and always putting up the points. It just makes me nervous watching him on defense especially 3 on 3 past 2 games.

Yep. When Moore comes back hopefully Mattinen gets less defensive zone starts (give majority of them to Brewer+Gross and Moore+Vallati) and he can still be used a lot on the PP and for offensive zone starts where he is best

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Oshawa is a team that really intrigues me given the interesting and clever trades made this season. I would bet on Ottawa in the East, but I certainly wouldn't consider it an upset if Oshawa makes it to the OHL finals. What's your record against teams like Ott, Nia, Sud? Are there any teams in the East that seem to have your number (and vice versa)? Good luck in the playoffs.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Oshawa is a team that really intrigues me given the interesting and clever trades made this season. I would bet on Ottawa in the East, but I certainly wouldn't consider it an upset if Oshawa makes it to the OHL finals. What's your record against teams like Ott, Nia, Sud? Are there any teams in the East that seem to have your number (and vice versa)? Good luck in the playoffs.

Post-deadline records:
0-2 vs OTT
1-0 vs Sudbury
Don’t play Niagara post deadline
1-0 vs MISS
1-0 vs HAM
4-0 vs PBO
haven’t played NB
2-0 vs BAR
1-0 vs KGN

5-1-2 vs the West

Reactions: nelli27

LR8

Mar 8, 2018

Clever is a perfect word for the moves they made. Gained future assets while almost maintaining similar talented core to support a top flight goalie and playoff push this year. It was very well done.

OshawaFan2018

Nov 26, 2018
Hamilton in town Friday night to play the Falcons at the old Jack wonder I’d Schell will start I believe their last visit they went with the other goal tender big game Hamilton looking to clinch the season series Falcons going for the split.

Hamilton Kitty B’s won last night. Was Schell in nets ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad