Oshawa Generals 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Ice Dogs (aka The Cheaters) seem to make a habit of running the score up against the "Have-Nots" but struggle against the better teams - should be interesting how they're playoff run will go - lots on the line considering they are in for this season!
What are you talking about

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
Ice Dogs (aka The Cheaters) seem to make a habit of running the score up against the "Have-Nots" but struggle against the better teams - should be interesting how they're playoff run will go - lots on the line considering they are in for this season!
Like, sending their number 1 PP out there late in a 5-0 game running it up type?

Reactions: The Little General

three dog night

May 3, 2014
The Petes had a late power play last night and didn’t Oshawa do that a couple months ago against Peterborough.

Whatanathol

Jul 27, 2018
Oshawa
Re Moore. He looked good at the Gens practice yesterday morning. Was part of full skate but wearing a yellow jersey (no contact status???).

As for Keyser, I worry that his right knee might be an issue. He was favouring it in the 3rd period on Fri v missy. Clearly well enough to stay and finish the game for an important win but wouldn't be surprised of they gave the nod to Hughes for this evening. Would rather lose every remaining reg season game and have a %100 healthy #38 than secure 3rd in the East and have a gimpy tender

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
As for Keyser, I worry that his right knee might be an issue. He was favouring it in the 3rd period on Fri v missy. Clearly well enough to stay and finish the game for an important win but wouldn't be surprised of they gave the nod to Hughes for this evening. Would rather lose every remaining reg season game and have a %100 healthy #38 than secure 3rd in the East and have a gimpy tender
He's good to go

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Ugly game from the Gens for a lot of it but it ends up being a positive with that huge comeback and being able to steal a point. Says something about the team to keep battling even down by 2 with under 1:30 left in the game and almost nothing has gone right all night up until that point. Points in 12 straight now

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
That one Saginaw goal looked offside from where I was watching. I guess too close to overturn it from replay.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Not the best but got a point, the boys didn't stop working, I think we lost it in the 1st 10 minutes and couldn't get on tracked the second & third played okay.
Got to learn to play 60 minutes and stop those in front of the goalie passes in the own end :thumbu: would be nice for a four point weekend next week

Whatanathol

Jul 27, 2018
Oshawa
Great to see Keyser look healthy.

I was surprised the SAG goal wasn't called off side. Typically a ref would call whistle a play like that, especially with a spastic SAG player desperately trying to stay on side. Thankfully the play didn't continue for 1 minute in our zone before the goal. Would have only added to the frustration.

Too bad we wont see this team ever again. Many graduating players. Odds of a Gens v SAG final very slim. Would like to see them play each other again.

Hope they keep the energy line of Bollers, Frenchee and Rez together. They forechecking was excellent and that 1st goal was key to keeping Gens in the game. They would make a good playoff 4th line.

Big weekend coming up. The prospect of a Gens/Petes 1st round still a possibility.....

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Upcoming Saturday night game is setting up to be quite the game between Sudbury and Oshawa. The battle for 3rd in the conference. Should be a good one

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Upcoming Saturday night game is setting up to be quite the game between Sudbury and Oshawa. The battle for 3rd in the conference. Should be a good one

What sucks is that even if Sudbury wins, the wolves fans on their hfboard won’t recognize the game because the Gens have a game also on the road the night before in the Soo.....

:laugh:

Reactions: The Little General

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls
Generally teams stop putting out their top players when it's a blowout, yes. That's when you see the 3rd/4th line play 75% of the time in most cases
The Dogs 3rd line has two 30 goal scorers on it. (Thomas and Tomasino) Could people be perceiving that as their #1 line? The 4th line got lots of playing time this weekend because of the lopsided scores. I can do without the goal horn after every goal in a blowout though.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
The Dogs 3rd line has two 30 goal scorers on it. (Thomas and Tomasino) Could people be perceiving that as their #1 line? The 4th line got lots of playing time this weekend because of the lopsided scores. I can do without the goal horn after every goal in a blowout though.

Personally I don't really care about blowing a team out, it's the other teams fault for not being as good.

But for the people who do care, the IceDogs 7/8/9 goals last night all came in the last 6 minutes and on the ice was:
7th: Maksimov-Jones-Philip
8th: Lodnia-Robertson-Johnson
9th: Lodnia-Robertson-Studnicka

The 3rd line was Castleman-Tomasino-Thomas. 4th line was Sopa-Johnson-Uberti. So it was the top 2 lines who scored all 3 goals for NIA late in the 3rd.

Putting on Ivan Lodnia, Jack Studnicka and Jason Robertson (NIA's top line) with 1:30 left to score to make it 9-0 most definitely is running up the score

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad