Oshawa Generals 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Hamilton Kitty B’s won last night. Was Schell in nets ?

Constantini was. Sounds like he didn't play that well though. Gave up 2 goals on his first 6 shots and then ended up giving up 4 goals on 35 shots (.886 save %)

I'd assume they split starts for Constantini and Schell the whole playoffs. Both are young goalies and both studs. They both ended with a .922 save % in the regular season

Reactions: three dog night

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Riley Stillman just got called up to the NHL. What a steal that was for the Gens to get him in the 4th round

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I was being facetious because after the Gens beat them, Sudbury fans were complaining that they played in Niagara the day before, so they must've been tired (even though the Gens had the exact same schedule in terms of 4-in-6 and 2 of them on the road)
Right, again not sure who the fans were who “complained”. I certainly referenced it, not as an excuse but we both know it can be a definite factor and to pretend otherwise is ridiculous and I would feel the same way towards the Gens if they managed to play a great game in Sudbury on a Sunday in a similar situation.

Also not to get into a drawn out discussion on this but I’m not sure your comparison is as equal as you think as I’m sure you realize “travel” from Durham is quite different than the minimum five plus hours one way from up North. How many nights did and do the Gens spend in hotels away from their routine? As someone who travels for work I can assure you it’s tiring and you’re always happy to get back into your own bed.
Again since you used that comparison I thought I’d point that out though it should be obvious. That the Soo and Sudbury have the records they do in spite of their travel is commendable and could very well pay off in the playoffs when travel and short turnarounds heat up big time.
Finally yes the Gens may have “beat” the Wolves last time in the Schwa but the good news for hockey fans is there will be no benefit of a gimmick like the shootout in the playoffs.
Looking forward to Saturday, you should come up.

Reactions: three dog night

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Right, again not sure who the fans were who “complained”. I certainly referenced it, not as an excuse but we both know it can be a definite factor and to pretend otherwise is ridiculous and I would feel the same way towards the Gens if they managed to play a great game in Sudbury on a Sunday in a similar situation.

Also not to get into a drawn out discussion on this but I’m not sure your comparison is as equal as you think as I’m sure you realize “travel” from Durham is quite different than the minimum five plus hours one way from up North. How many nights did and do the Gens spend in hotels away from their routine? As someone who travels for work I can assure you it’s tiring and you’re always happy to get back into your own bed.
Again since you used that comparison I thought I’d point that out though it should be obvious. That the Soo and Sudbury have the records they do in spite of their travel is commendable and could very well pay off in the playoffs when travel and short turnarounds heat up big time.
Finally yes the Gens may have “beat” the Wolves last time in the Schwa but the good news for hockey fans is there will be no benefit of a gimmick like the shootout in the playoffs.
Looking forward to Saturday, you should come up.

So if Sudbury does beat the Gens on Saturday then we're going to agree that the result should be thrown out because the Gens were in SSM the night before and that means 2 nights in hotels?

(also my problem with the SBY fans whining about that after the last game was the Gens literally had just got back from their US road trip, and had played the exact same number of games in the same number of days and had the same number of nights in hotels)

OshawaFan2018

Nov 26, 2018
Constantini was. Sounds like he didn't play that well though. Gave up 2 goals on his first 6 shots and then ended up giving up 4 goals on 35 shots (.886 save %)

I'd assume they split starts for Constantini and Schell the whole playoffs. Both are young goalies and both studs. They both ended with a .922 save % in the regular season

Who owns Constantini’s rights ?

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Oshawa, ON– The Oshawa Generals announced today that forward Ryan Gagnier has committed to an Ontario Hockey League standard player agreement with the team.
The Tecumseh, ON native was a 3rd round selection by the Generals in the 2018 OHL Priority Selection. This season, Gagnier, has played for the Leamington Flyers of the GOJHL, seeing action in 47 games amassing 20 goals and 47 assists in his first season with the team.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Was just a matter of time until Gagnier got signed, him and Tullio are best friends. He lead the GOJHL in '02 born goals and points this year. Hunt says he'll play for the Gens before the season ends

spartan11

Jan 24, 2019
Oshawa Press Release was a little off but Gagnier still led all U17's this year in the GOJHL

Here are the top 10
[TR][TH]#PlayerTeamGPGATPPPGPIM+/-
3.png
Ryan Gagnier (C)
Leamington Flyers 47 20 22 42 0.89 40
3.png
George Diaco (C)
London Nationals 47 18 24 42 0.89 32
3.png
Zane Dalpe (LW)
LaSalle Vipers 47 19 19 38 0.81 6
3.png
Brendan Mairs (RW)
Strathroy Rockets 48 18 20 38 0.79 30
3.png
Sean McGurn (C)
St. Thomas Stars 40 13 25 38 0.95 12
3.png
Ben McFarlane (RW)
Cambridge Redhawks 46 17 20 37 0.80 22
3.png
Dario Beljo (C)
Komoka Kings 47 9 27 36 0.77 16
3.png
Dylan Robinson (D)
LaSalle Vipers 46 5 31 36 0.78 102
3.png
Chase Strychaluk (RW)
Komoka Kings 43 9 26 35 0.81 2
3.png
Blake Butler (C)
Sarnia Legionnaires 48 10 19 29 0.60 16
[TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY][/TH][/TR][/TBODY]
[TBODY][TR][TH][/TH][/TR][/TBODY]

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Was just a matter of time until Gagnier got signed, him and Tullio are best friends. He lead the GOJHL in '02 born goals and points this year. Hunt says he'll play for the Gens before the season ends

Don't say this too loud. The tin foil hat people will come out to say Rocco is jeopardizing the team in favour of his son.

Well deserved for Gagnier after the season hes had

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Don't say this too loud. The tin foil hat people will come out to say Rocco is jeopardizing the team in favour of his son.

Well deserved for Gagnier after the season hes had

Those people are so mad at how good Ty has been this year... He looks better than any Gens rookie has in a long time

Ty's 2 best friends are Perfetti and Gagnier so if Rocco wants to get the gang all together im all for that...... Lol

I really do believe that if Saginaw is ever in a sell season in the next 2-3 years that Cole will end up on the Gens. Rocco will give them whatever they want to make it happen. But they'll probably be pretty good next year, it'd have to be in 2 years if it happened

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
Great pick. Great signing. Well played again Mr. Hunt. Let’s hope the Pro ranks don’t take him. Selfishly speaking of course

Reactions: OshawaFan2018

WolvesFanSudbury

Oct 8, 2016
Best of luck Saturday night been awhile since you guys have been up here. I think since September, anyways it's a huge game and I'm excited :)

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Moore is suppose to start playing this weekend that is what I was told last weekend @ the arena :thumbu:

Not sure who told you that but no, he’s not. He just started practicing again last week. Will take him at least 2 weeks to get to game speed. Not in this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad