Oshawa Generals 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
No, if Sudbury is to win the Central Division, and the Generals were to remain in 3rd ahead of Niagara, the Gens would play the Wolves in the 2nd round of the playoffs, and Niagara would play Ottawa.
Right that’s why I didn’t say second, that would definitely be an advantage but I don’t think it’s likely.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Gens HFBoards Standings:
Last Game Calculated: Feb 18 vs SBY

GensFan2k2: 50
GeneralsUpdates: 45
GeneralConversation: 34
AWagner3018: 11
Pepsihead: 10
Sakic19: 6
GensBrandon: 4
ThreeDogNight: 3
EnjoyTheO: 2
FriedmansBaldSpot: 1
SeniorJuniorFan: 1
TuckerFan1: 0

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
Can we just clean up the play behind the goal line? How hard is that? Don’t get it

Reactions: Naz

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I know they are wins and good job. But please tell me you see the crap behind the goal line lol no?

It’s junior hockey. Every team has sloppyness and misplays here and there. Ottawa lost to last in the league Kingston tonight with diPietro in net....

Tonight was sloppier then they’ve usually been lately, but they scrambled well after turnovers tonight, which is important because again, it’s junior hockey and that’s always gonna happen, especially when you play the better teams. The important thing is being able to find ways to win while getting better. All the other top teams are losing games while making these same mistakes

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
It’s junior hockey. Every team has sloppyness and misplays here and there. Ottawa lost to last in the league Kingston tonight with diPietro in net....

Tonight was sloppier then they’ve usually been lately, but they scrambled well after turnovers tonight, which is important because again, it’s junior hockey and that’s always gonna happen, especially when you play the better teams. The important thing is being able to find ways to win while getting better. All the other top teams are losing games while making these same mistakes
Fair enough. Just looking at other top teams they have had vs this one I guess. I’m not expecting a championship with this one just wanting better defensive play which is obviously not Walters thing. I’m still on DJ brain I guess. Sorry

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
I agree it’s junior hockey and mistakes will be made but these mistakes in regular season arn’t as big when you win but magnified in playoffs when teams are upping their efforts. Need to sharpen up before the real season begins. Clearing the puck in front of the net or without effort has looked bad recently and when the puck ends up in our net it’s never Keysers fault in my opinion. Some of our d and forwards have left him out to dry which isn’t cool.

Reactions: Naz

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I agree it’s junior hockey and mistakes will be made but these mistakes in regular season arn’t as big when you win but magnified in playoffs when teams are upping their efforts. Need to sharpen up before the real season begins. Clearing the puck in front of the net or without effort has looked bad recently and when the puck ends up in our net it’s never Keysers fault in my opinion. Some of our d and forwards have left him out to dry which isn’t cool.

For sure, just important to also remember other teams are going through the exact same mistakes. Difference is the Gens are winning while getting through it and the other teams are losing games they shouldn’t

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
But this is a hockey talk forum so not wrong to highlight that the d is a little shaky lately. Seem to struggle getting the puck out of our end and even throw it up the middle a lot or just make tap soft passes in around the net that have ended up in our net. Ok when you are scoring like we are in regular season but in playoffs those mistakes could put you on the sidelines.

Brewer is probably our best defensive defense man. I would assume someone like blacker comes out if and when Moore is back.

This teams strength is Keyser and the fact that we can put three lines out that score and generate offense at will.

See discussion can lead to positives :popcorn:

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
But this is a hockey talk forum so not wrong to highlight that the d is a little shaky lately. Seem to struggle getting the puck out of our end and even throw it up the middle a lot or just make tap soft passes in around the net that have ended up in our net. Ok when you are scoring like we are in regular season but in playoffs those mistakes could put you on the sidelines.

Brewer is probably our best defensive defense man. I would assume someone like blacker comes out if and when Moore is back.

This teams strength is Keyser and the fact that we can put three lines out that score and generate offense at will.

See discussion can lead to positives :popcorn:

For sure, nothing wrong with that. I just get frustrated when people act like the Gens are the only junior hockey team who plays sloppy at times, meanwhile Niagara’s not been great lately, Ottawa loses to the worst team in the league and the gens have won 8 in a row. Obviously my tendency is to look on the bright side, and of course there are people who are naturally pessimistic.

Agreed that Brewer is the Gens best D. I’ve also really liked Vallati the last month/2 months. I thought he made a lot of bad decisions with the puck early in the season but he seems to have really gotten an understand of Walters’ systems and is now easily the Gens best D man at rushing the puck and gaining zone entries.

I think Blacker for sure is the one that comes out when moore is back but I’m more interested in PP2. Does someone come off that for Moore or do you leave it because it’s been really good lately

Reactions: gensfan2k2

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Niagara has won three of four looked great Thursday night.

Since the trade deadline they've played 4 games against Ottawa/Sudbury/Oshawa (top tier teams in the East) and are 0-4-0-0. Niagara is far from "playoff ready" at this time.

Easy schedule for NIA the next 2 weeks, with 8 straight games against average to below-average teams. They'll likely find their stride in that stretch

Last edited:
Reactions: Drop the Puck

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Since the trade deadline they've played 3 games against Ottawa/Sudbury/Oshawa (top tier teams in the East) and are 0-3-0-0. Niagara is far from "playoff ready" at this time.

Easy schedule for NIA the next 2 weeks, with 8 straight games against average to below-average teams. They'll likely find their stride in that stretch
Have not played Oshawa since the deadline

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Have not played Oshawa since the deadline

You think I don't know that? lol. I said there's 3 other good teams in the East (OSH/SBY/OTT) and they've played 4 games against them post-deadline. Lost all 4 in regulation. 0 points out of 8 in those games. Havent looked good against good teams

Last edited:

three dog night

May 3, 2014
The last two losses against Sudbury the Dogs played well at times came within an eyelash in both games sending them to overtime. Just the Ottawa game playing three in three the ran out of gas.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
The last two losses against Sudbury the Dogs played well at times came within an eyelash in both games sending them to overtime. Just the Ottawa game playing three in three the ran out of gas.

Niagara should blow out Sudbury based on the lineup of each team. To be 0-3-0 against them post-deadline is shocking

Reactions: Lycanthrope

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Another 2G for Ryan Gagnier tonight. finished the regular season with 22G/20A for 42 points in 47 games as an '02 born in the GOJHL this year. I don't see how he's not on the Gens next year

His teammate Adam Jeffrey also scored and had an assist. He finished the regular season with 19G/29A for 48 points in 47 games. Might be something there too in the 6'4 20001 born

Reactions: OshawaFan2018

The Little General

Mar 30, 2017
Niagara should blow out Sudbury based on the lineup of each team. To be 0-3-0 against them post-deadline is shocking
Ice Dogs (aka The Cheaters) seem to make a habit of running the score up against the "Have-Nots" but struggle against the better teams - should be interesting how they're playoff run will go - lots on the line considering they are in for this season!

Reactions: Awagner3018
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad