Oshawa Generals 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I had to go out after the 2nd last night and was shocked by the final score. The Gens played arguably their worst game in 3+ years and were still able to make it a one goal game with 17 minutes left in the 3rd. That’s hilarious. If Walters didn’t pull Keyser that game goes to OT even with the Gens having 4 shots after 30 minutes. I’m even more confident if an OSH/SBY series was to ever happen, unfortunately there’s virtually no chance it does

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Don’t understand how keyser gets pulled mid period after an own goal

He was not focussed, visibly furious. It was a good move, imo. I was surprised that he was not put back in for the 3rd period, though.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I had to go out after the 2nd last night and was shocked by the final score. The Gens played arguably their worst game in 3+ years and were still able to make it a one goal game with 17 minutes left in the 3rd. That’s hilarious. If Walters didn’t pull Keyser that game goes to OT even with the Gens having 4 shots after 30 minutes. I’m even more confident if an OSH/SBY series was to ever happen, unfortunately there’s virtually no chance it does
Like the song from Lennon goes “Whatever gets you through the night”. If you’ve got any confidence after watching your team generate squat for half a game good on ya.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Sudbury is a good team with a GREAT goalie, Oshawa is a GREAT team with a good goalie. This was evident last night.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Like the song from Lennon goes “Whatever gets you through the night”. If you’ve got any confidence after watching your team generate squat for half a game good on ya.

It's more that they were so horrendously bad, and still were able to pretty easily come back and be in a game for the final 18 minutes. The Gens handed them 3 goals last night, had 4 shots through 30 minutes and somehow didn't get blown out. Actually forget getting blown out, there were in a 1 goal game for the final 17 minutes

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Sudbury is a good team with a GREAT goalie, Oshawa is a GREAT team with a good goalie. This was evident last night.

Very weird comment to base on last night.

Keyser was literally not beaten once by a shot last night, so that makes him good not great? 2 empty netters, a tip in front and an own goal.

Goal 1: he turns it over for an empty netter(sure that's still his fault, but wasn't beaten by a shot)

Goal 2: Perfect tip by Murray, who was about a foot in front of Keyser

Goal 3: shot misses the net by a mile, bounces perfectly off the boards for an empty net for Carson

Goal 4: Noel puts it in his own net

Actually if we go the other way, Gens 1st goal: UPL beaten clean on the glove hand by Saigeon. Gens 2nd goal: Salinitri dangles him and beats UPL on the blocker. Gens 3rd goal: Neumann beats UPL clean on the blocker. Gens 4th goal: Eggenberger beats UPL clean under the arm.

So both goalies gave up 4 goals but all 4 against UPL were clean shots that beat him. 0 of the 4 against Keyser were clean shots that beat him. And your takeaway from that is UPL is great and Keyser is just good? That's a very bizarre take

(before Lythanwhatever freaks out and accuses me of saying UPL isn't really good, I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying to act like Keyser isn't great beacuse he didn't get beaten by a shot once last night is really trying to push a narrative that isn't there)

Last edited:

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
So would I but we wont.

Pretty easy to see what they're saying. There are a handful of SBY fans on this website that make the rest of the fanbase look really bad because they're so insufferable. When you win, you run over to the other teams thread and gloat and are very annoying about it. When you lose, it's excuse city and anyone who tries to talk about the game you freak out on and tell them to get off "your" thread.

I hope that was a clear enough explanation for you.

I know this is the Gens thread but as an aside, the Petes are going to beat Sudbury in round 1 if that ends up being the 3 vs 6 matchup. Carryon with your day everyone :naughty:

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013

Who is to say the game gets tied?

Reactions: Iloveallsports

fullsend

Feb 25, 2019
Niagara and Sudbury both lost and they play each other next week one of them has to lose again!

fullsend

Feb 25, 2019
Gens fans will certainly be Wolves fans on that night
Why do you say that? Seems like Sudbury has the tougher schedule for rest of season and they also play the gens. IMO I feel like they would have a better chance at 3rd place if Sudbury lost that game.

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Pretty easy to see what they're saying. There are a handful of SBY fans on this website that make the rest of the fanbase look really bad because they're so insufferable. When you win, you run over to the other teams thread and gloat and are very annoying about it. When you lose, it's excuse city and anyone who tries to talk about the game you freak out on and tell them to get off "your" thread.

I know this is the Gens thread but as an aside, the Petes are going to beat Sudbury in round 1 if that ends up being the 3 vs 6 matchup. Carryon with your day everyone :naughty:

Very fragile fans indeed. Made one sarcastic comment after their thread blew up with travel excuses after a loss to the Gens. Banned from their thread till April for trolling? Should’ve just gloated about Keyser > UPL or something because that sure isn’t considered stirring the pot
:huh:

Reactions: Nerf27

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012

Yes thank you. That was exactly what I was going to say. Sorry I did not see that I was to explain and I didn’t do it in a timely enough fashion for this person. I really have other things to do in life.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Why do you say that? Seems like Sudbury has the tougher schedule for rest of season and they also play the gens. IMO I feel like they would have a better chance at 3rd place if Sudbury lost that game.

SBY winning the division and Gens finishing 3rd would be the best case scenario. If that doesn't happen, I think I'd rather the Gens finish 4th and get MISS in round 1 and then Ottawa

fullsend

Feb 25, 2019
I wouldn’t mind seeing a niagara oshawa series although I do agree Sudbury in round 2 would be best case. It would be quite the story if Gens beat niagara after that trade. And Studnicka and brassard would be able to return to tribute community center.

Reactions: three dog night

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I wouldn’t mind seeing a niagara oshawa series although I do agree Sudbury in round 2 would be best case. It would be quite the story if Gens beat niagara after that trade. And Studnicka and brassard would be able to return to tribute community center.

Niagara would have to fold as a franchise if they get knocked out by the Gens after giving their rookie 1st rounder and all those picks for their 2 top guys and also losing 2 other firsts because they cheated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->