Oshawa Generals 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
Also the Gens would have wanted Paquette from Kingston in the MDC deal but were restricted to taking Burt as the first rd 16 year old.

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
I wonder if Niagara would trade picks for Keyser with Dhillon back to Oshawa then Oshawa sending picks back in summer for Tomasino.

Oshawa should now sell as much as possible this year as from what I have read there are many good first rd picks from Don mills coming up in draft. I seriously doubt that Oshawa would drop much lower than 6-7 range in East though.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I wonder if Niagara would trade picks for Keyser with Dhillon back to Oshawa then Oshawa sending picks back in summer for Tomasino.

Oshawa should now sell as much as possible this year as from what I have read there are many good first rd picks from Don mills coming up in draft. I seriously doubt that Oshawa would drop much lower than 6-7 range in East though.

If they Gens do trade Studnicka they’ll have to decide what’s more important. 3/4 picks for Keyser or winning a round in the playoffs? If you keep Keyser and add a younger F or 2, you could still win a round I think in that 4 vs 5 matchup

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Sorta OT, but former General and Belleville resident Kevin Bailie was signed by the Laval Rocket today on an emergency goalie signing after Carey Price got injured, and McNiven got called up.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Allan Etmanski, who isn’t one for false rumours, says he heard from 3 different people that it’s going to be close to Studnicka+Brassard for Moore+Tomasino

I can’t see how that’s even possible, that seems like a way too high price for Niagara to pay. But that would be an unreal return... (more likely the part 2 of Tomasino to the Gens in the off-season happens I’d say)

Last edited:

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Allan Etmanski, who isn’t one for false rumours, says he heard from 3 different people that it’s going to be close to Studnicka+Brassard for Moore+Tomasino

I can’t see how that’s even possible, that seems like a way too high price for Niagara to pay. But that would be an unreal return... (more likely the part 2 of Tomasino to the Gens in the off-season happens I’d say)

I thought Brassard's stock might've dropped a bit this season. If that's the return we can get for packaging him with Studnicka...damn

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
That would be an unbelievably high return. I’d love for it to be true

I can’t see that being the deal. As you mentioned previously, I could see picks going to Oshawa and then picks going from Oshawa to Niagara in the offseason for tomasino but why would Niagara take a point per game forward out of their lineup now? It makes zero sense.

GeneralConversation

Nov 1, 2018
I won’t give speculative info I’ve heard through sources in a forum. I will however make wishes and guesses that have no true merit (just for fun)
Noel with GWG tonight
6/4 Gens

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I can’t see that being the deal. As you mentioned previously, I could see picks going to Oshawa and then picks going from Oshawa to Niagara in the offseason for tomasino but why would Niagara take a point per game forward out of their lineup now? It makes zero sense.

Agreed but Alan isn’t one to just throw things like that around without sources and he says 3 separate people have told him that. Will be interesting to see what happens

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Agreed but Alan isn’t one to just throw things like that around without sources and he says 3 separate people have told him that. Will be interesting to see what happens

100%

I agree with he source etc. I just find it hard to believe Niagara would toss that sort of value out there. I don’ tbelieve It helps them significantly in the short term. It is an upgrade, yes, but unless Tomasino has demanded a trade to Oshawa, it doesn’t make much sense.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
100%

I agree with he source etc. I just find it hard to believe Niagara would toss that sort of value out there. I don’ tbelieve It helps them significantly in the short term. It is an upgrade, yes, but unless Tomasino has demanded a trade to Oshawa, it doesn’t make much sense.

I was happy when the rumour was Lleyton Moore and picks lol. If it’s also Tomasino that’d the biggest home run in a long time

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Apparently we found the thing holding the powerplay back. It was Studnicka and Eggenberger (meanwhile they’re both getting PP points on their teams #1 unit at the WJs)

Obviously I’m being facetious but it’s nice to see the other guys step up without them, especially on the PP. Special teams won the game tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->