OOT Scoreboard 2019 Stanley Cup PLAYOFFS II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dialamo

Fire Rogalski Hire Pepe
Jul 7, 2007
Montreal, QC, Canada
That's 60lbs more than Rask, who knows, they probably screwed that up too. :laugh:
Yeah it has to be wrong. Look at this photo below. Heavyweight boxing match. Tyson Fury, on the right, is 6'9" and weighed in at around 250ish pounds. Looks pretty chubby to me, even with an extra 5 inches in height on Lehner! In comparison, Deontay Wilder, on the left, is 6'7" and weighed in around 210 pounds.

Not the best example as body compositions differs greatly from person to person, and this is a different sport, but my point is, I doubt Robin Lehner would be able to move effectively and he would look way different if he was 240 lbs.

otBdhvk.jpg

Reactions: JK3

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
So they're going to call a penalty on the Isles for the high stick right off the faceoff.

But then they huddle and decide not to call it.

But then they DO call it seconds later and make it a double-minor once they see he's bleeding.

This bizarre scene is 100% a result of the Pavelski call the other night; the refs are petrified to call a stick penalty off the faceoff.

Camille the Eel

Carolina looked so good at controlling center ice and possession generally - and this despite being killed in the face off circle. The pressure will be on the Isles big time on Sunday. As at the end of the Caps game on Wednesday even when they gave it up, they just seemed to recover the puck easily and control the flow of play.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
f***in Braun sucks.

I can't say he's the worst defenseman left in these playoffs. Roman Polak still plays.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Joe and Pierre calling the series I'm most interested in is a cruel joke.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Mrazek is a very strong goalie. Rawly got a real steal. I told you the last 3 years they'd make the playoffs!:sarcasm:

But seriously though, Mrazek has played better than his save percentage this playoffs. He's made some weird subtle plays on a couple goals where I've thought ''Not sure why he played it like that'' where I didn't count it as stoppable and 2 where I did count them as stoppable, but he's looked better than his save percentage reads and I'm no backer of Mrazek, but any goalie can get hot at any time (one goalie did it on our roster at the end of the year, but I won't open that can of worms in this thread!:sarcasm:) so it doesn't mean he's good, but he's been solid.

And he was facing Washington, who are a better offensive team than the Islanders, as far as their finishers and goal scorers go.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
LOL Pastrnak ... "check your woicemail ..." :laugh:
He's not the greatest actor.

He sounds like he wants to murder the girl when he goes ''Better make it a medium, I only have two minutes'' he sounded evil. :laugh:

Could be the accent barrier or he's just a bad actor haha. He also had an evil mug going on too, but maybe that was to sell the ''Bad call'' that got him sent to the box.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Holy **** Lehner is 240 pounds? I can understand that weight for a tall forward or dman, but I'd figure a goalie would weigh less, somewhere around 200-210 lbs at 6'4"
That's 60lbs more than Rask, who knows, they probably screwed that up too. :laugh:
I don't believe that weight reading is accurate anymore or as of this season, but Lehner really was 240 at one time, if I'm not mistaken. Think it was in his final year with the Sabres.

And he did look it at that point, at least his face did. He had a very full face. I believe he lost weight this past offseason. One of the things he worked on outside of getting sober was losing weight and getting into better physical shape. Scott Darling was another goalie that weighed a lot, but I think he was in the 230's. He lost weight last season, but it didn't seem to help his game at all in the brief stretch of games he got. He looked as bad as the year before.

Frederik Andersen was some ridiculous weight when he was first drafted (the first time in 2011 by Carolina). He was 248 pounds (I think? Or something like that) and it scared a lot of teams away from him. I think he's down to the 220's now and has been since he entered the NHL.

Reactions: JK3 and Dialamo

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
@Bleedred how ecstatic and pissed are you simultaneously with this Jones guy?
I thought he played a good game tonight.

No chance on either goal.

Sharks were the better team again, as they have been in all the games this playoffs, outside of games 2 and 6 against Vegas.

All they need is a solid effort in net and occasionally they'll need him to stand on his head when they look like trash, like in game 6 of the last series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad