OOT Scoreboard 2019 Stanley Cup PLAYOFFS II

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
What does Milbury have such a hard on for Johansson? He's always **** talking him and giving back handed compliments. On the GWG he says "Marcus Johansson has largely been a disappointment since his arrival but not here." That seems excessive, no?

Milbury says something funny or off-color occasionally but he's past his shelf life in this gig in my view. They should just move him out in the offseason and give his minutes to Sharp.

Sharp is current era and thus far more relevant to commenting on the game these days. He drives to the heart of player/team/on-ice perspective with far less babbling so far.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
What does Milbury have such a hard on for Johansson? He's always **** talking him and giving back handed compliments. On the GWG he says "Marcus Johansson has largely been a disappointment since his arrival but not here." That seems excessive, no?
he called johansson 'marsh-mellow soft' sometime around a Marchand goal in the Toronto series. He didn't like where the bruins were using him on the pp or something. probably mad that mojo is in the lineup over backes or something

Last edited:

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Milbury says something funny or off-color occasionally but he's past his shelf life in this gig in my view. They should just move him out in the offseason and give his minutes to Sharp.

Sharp is current era and thus far more relevant to commenting on the game these days. He drives to the heart of player/team/on-ice perspective with far less babbling so far.
Milbury has been past his shelf life since he hit a guy with a shoe.

Reactions: Billdo and mtnet

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
I don't dispute the 'soft' label for Mojo, but he's had some rough rides during his tenure here and his short time with Boston. I have a hard time holding it against him that strongly after the concussions and bruised lung or whatever it was.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Worthless Polak coned again.

This is why I don't pick Dallas to win.

Is their defense really this bad that they have to play this worthless throwback relic so much?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
How many times do you think the Blues board's resident DD equivalent says they should have kept Bishop and Polak?:sarcasm:

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I don't dispute the 'soft' label for Mojo, but he's had some rough rides during his tenure here and his short time with Boston. I have a hard time holding it against him that strongly after the concussions and bruised lung or whatever it was.

I know it doesn't matter much either but the lung and the Marchand induced concussion were kind of like freak injuries. Regardless, Millbury is a dickhead.

Reactions: NjDevsRR

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Polak actually had a great first round
I didn't watch much of it, outside of my goals against reviews, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Regardless, he's been a bad defenseman for pretty much his entire career. A really bad one.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What is the significance of the Gloria song and the Blues? They've played this song after all of their wins at home lately.

Don't really know the story behind how it relates to the Blues.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
What is the significance of the Gloria song and the Blues? They've played this song after all of their wins at home lately.

Don't really know the story behind how it relates to the Blues.
I think a few Blues players randomly heard it at a bar this year and liked it so they went with it.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for tonight

Blue Jackets vs Bruins: 3 goals against Bobrovsky, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Rask, no chance on either.

Stars vs Blues: 3 goals against Bishop, 2 stoppable. 2 goals against Binnington, no chance on either.

So that's 10 goals scored on goalies tonight, 3 are stoppable. That's 30% of the goals scored tonight were stoppable. Combined save percentages were .907%.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night is this Robby Fabbri goal on Ben Bishop. The Tarasenko goal was also bad, but it's more understandable because it's Tarasenko and the shot was much better.

Reactions: Dialamo

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
25 years ago from this Saturday saw one of the most memorable playoff moments of all time and one of the most iconic calls ever:

And yes, the defender May abused was Ray Bourque.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ

Sharp looked really uncomfortable during last post-season (it was his first behind the desk, right?) and I felt bad for him because he just seemed completely out of his league doing commentary and not knowing which camera he should be looking at. He's much better this year and does offer really great analysis and insight IMO and seems like a genuinely good guy. Milbury is simply a miserable f***.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
25 years ago from this Saturday saw one of the most memorable playoff moments of all time and one of the most iconic calls ever:

And yes, the defender May abused was Ray Bourque.

every time i see that video, i cant believe that decades later people are still employing such a geriatric, diaper wearing sack of pig :eek::eek::eek::eek:

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
What’s with the St. Louis crowd singing country road
It's a Meme

20c.jpg

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
How big of a total asshat is Milbury? He went into the stands at MSG and beat a rags fan with his own shoe and still managed to become arguably the most despised person in Islanders history.

Yeah his GM tenure with the Islanders remains his most infamous claim to fame by far. I mean the guy is atop pretty much every 'worst gm ever' list I've ever seen.

What a train wreck...

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Sharp looked really uncomfortable during last post-season (it was his first behind the desk, right?) and I felt bad for him because he just seemed completely out of his league doing commentary and not knowing which camera he should be looking at. He's much better this year and does offer really great analysis and insight IMO and seems like a genuinely good guy. Milbury is simply a miserable ****.

Yeah he was a bit out of sorts when new to it, but seems much better this year I agree. I would have told him bro, they even let Daneyko sit in on this gig sometimes, trust me you got this.

Reactions: Patrik26
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad