OOT Scoreboard 2018-19 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Looks like the Flyers lost this one in a dramatic chokejob fashion.

Wonder if Hakstol is coaching them in their next game?

They're currently on the Western Canada roadtrip, but this is the kind of loss that gets a coach fired, especially one that's looked like he was gonna go for quite a while.

This Stars/Ducks game has gotten quite entertaining. It was 1-0 Ducks coming into this period, now it's 3-1 Stars and we're 12 minutes in and the Ducks have 0 shots this period.

Reactions: Dialamo and mtnet

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Ducks came back late to take back that one.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for tonight

Golden Knights vs Islanders: 2 goals against Fleury, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Lehner, 2 stoppable. The first two goals on Lehner were bad, especially that second one.

Penguins vs Blackhawks: 4 goals against DeSmith, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Crawford, 1 stoppable. The Seabrook goal on DeSmith was a very weak goal. Not acceptable if he was screened on that. Would be softy of the night if Mike Smith didn't play tonight. Slap shot from the point that just misses his glove. Guentzel was way up in the high slot and this shouldn't have disrupted DeSmith.

Flyers vs Flames: 6 goals against Stolarz, 1 stoppable. 4 goals against Smith, 1 stoppable. 1 goal against Rittich in relief and it's stoppable.

Stars vs Ducks: 5 goals against Bishop, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Gibson, no chance on any. One was a bit of a poor rebound though.

So that's 31 goals scored on goalies tonight, 9 are stoppable. That's 29% of the goals against tonight are stoppable. Combined save percentages were an abysmal .869% tonight. Surprised only 29% of the goals were stoppable. This is one of the lower save percentage nights I can remember, although it probably would have been a bit higher had there been more than 4 games played tonight.

Last edited:
Reactions: DerekDevils30

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night once again goes to guess who? None other than Mike Smith! Who's on here almost every other night that he's played this year!

When do the terrible goals stop on him? Even in games where he allows 1 or 2 goals he's been softy of the night.

Reactions: mtnet

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Special thanks to @mtnet for suggesting softy of the net before I ever saw it.

If you have a goal you would like to suggest for softy of the night before I even get to my reviews, mention it in this thread! Participation is greatly encouraged and appreciated!

And that's all for tonight's edition of my goals against review! Enjoy your Thursday and I will see you tomorrow night!

Reactions: mtnet

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
Looks like the Flyers lost this one in a dramatic chokejob fashion.

Wonder if Hakstol is coaching them in their next game?

They're currently on the Western Canada roadtrip, but this is the kind of loss that gets a coach fired, especially one that's looked like he was gonna go for quite a while.

This Stars/Ducks game has gotten quite entertaining. It was 1-0 Ducks coming into this period, now it's 3-1 Stars and we're 12 minutes in and the Ducks have 0 shots this period.
With respect to the Flyers I do not think they have an internal replacement available. If they had one I am sure he would have been let go by now. I honestly think Hakstol wishes they would let him go now. Hakstol will be gone as soon as they find a replacement. They Flyers D is poorly constructed currently. They are young and it is hard to put together a good defensive pair. I know Provy is an HF darling, but he has been terrible in his own zone this year. It is not surprising they have given leads on multiple occasions this year.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
With respect to the Flyers I do not think they have an internal replacement available. If they had one I am sure he would have been let go by now. I honestly think Hakstol wishes they would let him go now. Hakstol will be gone as soon as they find a replacement. They Flyers D is poorly constructed currently. They are young and it is hard to put together a good defensive pair. I know Provy is an HF darling, but he has been terrible in his own zone this year. It is not surprising they have given leads on multiple occasions this year.

I don't watch Philly every night like you do, but their loss last night was a total meltdown.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It still blows my mind that they fired Hextall instead of Hakstoll.

Hex was building correctly, he just had an awful coach under him. Better for us that Homer is an idiot and did it this way.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Hex was building correctly, he just had an awful coach under him. Better for us that Homer is an idiot and did it this way.

It does belie the talking point that they fired Hex because he wanted to keep Hakstol. Maybe he was the one that wanted to fire him and Homer nixed it lol

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country

It should not. Holmgren and a Comcast executive (Dave Scott) made clear that they thought Hextall had done a great job rebuilding the team and that the team was in better shape than it was when he started. They also made it clear that they thought Hextall had become very difficult to work with. They asked Hextall to start going into "win now" mode over the summer which he was not willing to do. Comcast apparently was not making as much money off the Flyers as they wanted. When someone refuses to do what his boss asks, that puts that person at risk of losing his job.

Hakstol will be gone as soon as they find a replacement. Holmgren had 2 chances that I can remember at the press conference to give Hakstol an endorsement and he did not do it either time. It is also good PR for the new GM (Fletcher). Holmgren knows the fans dislike Hakstol. This allows Fletcher to let him go to build up some "good will" with the fans.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
MTL wearing home whites tonight.

NHL should go back to the home team wearing white.

I turned it on during a flurry in the offensive zone for the Habs thinking "Damn those are loud Lets Go Habs chants in Carolina". I felt pretty stupid once the puck got to center ice :laugh:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Sharks board has too many kool aid drinkers on it. I'm glad my friends over here exercise their complaints a lot. You complain about Jones or DeBoer over there too much, you get called out.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Hurricanes have been wearing their home reds on the road for their last 4 or 5 road games. They had them on for the entirety of their California trip.

They apparently asked all the California teams if they could wear their home reds on on the trip and they all said yes.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for tonight

Coyotes vs Sabres: 3 goals against Kuemper, 2 stoppable. 1 goal against Hutton and it's stoppable. Bad wraparound goal.

Kings vs Blue Jackets: 4 goals against Quick, 1 stoppable. Softy of the night candidate. 1 goal against Bobrovsky, no chance.

Hurricanes vs Canadiens: 5 goals against Mrazek, 2 stoppable. 4 goals against Price, 1 stoppable.

Maple Leafs vs Lightning: 4 goals against Andersen, 1 stoppable. 1 goal against Vasilevskiy and it's stoppable. Too much short side he gave him.

Canucks vs Predators: 4 goals against Nilsson, 2 stoppable. 3 goals against Rinne, no chance on any.

Panthers vs Wild: 5 goals against Reimer, 2 stoppable. Softy of the night candidate in there. 1 goal against Dubnyk, no chance.

Oilers vs Jets: 5 goals against Talbot, 3 stoppable. More softy of the night material. 4 goals against Hellebuyck, no chance on any.

Stars vs Sharks: 3 goals against Khudobin, no chance on any. 2 goals against Jones, 1 stoppable.

So that's 50 goals scored on goalies tonight, 17 of them are stoppable.That's 34% of the goals allowed tonight are stoppable. Combined save percentages were an .899% on the night.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It was hard to find a clear cut softy of the night tonight. Especially since Mike Smith didn't even play.

So since participation is greatly encouraged by myself, we're gonna do something new tonight. I invite my fellow board members (as well as anyone lurking) to pick the softy of the night. These are the three best candidates for them.

Josh Anderson on Jonathan Quick

The boards on James Reimer

Patrick Laine on Cam Talbot.

I know it was Laine, but come on dude, it looked so bad going in. Almost looked like it fell out of his glove.

I'll let others decide this one. Don't be shy! Please participate!

Reactions: Dialamo

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
It was hard to find a clear cut softy of the night tonight. Especially since Mike Smith didn't even play.

So since participation is greatly encouraged by myself, we're gonna do something new tonight. I invite my fellow board members (as well as anyone lurking) to pick the softy of the night. These are the three best candidates for them.

I know it was Laine, but come on dude, it looked so bad going in. Almost looked like it fell out of his glove.

I'm going with Anderson on Quick. Quick sucks these days. He was all over the place in that game. Like the opposite of Cory, sliding past plays before they even happen. The other two I give some leeway because one is a funky bounce and the other is off the stick of a young Ovechkin clone.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010

Out of those 3, I easily say the Parise goal. Deflection or not, he gets a piece with his blocker then sends it to the boards behind him. He’s kindve swimming in slow motion to track the puck after that. Just terrible.

Reactions: Bleedred
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad