OOT Scoreboard 2018-19 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Pretty easy softy of the night here on James Reimer. Don't care how good Kucherov is, this is awful.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
How do the pens always get such favorable reffing? I mean, I hate the flyers, but there is no way the goal they scored should have been waived off. It was never, ever close to being covered. I've seen them get quick whistles more times this season than every other team combined over the last 10.

Remember when Crosby ran Kinkaid and they still counted the goal because he "tried to avoid contact"? Unbelievable.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Malkin is quickly becoming a liability. I haven't seen him play a good game in quite some time.

Camille the Eel

You wonder if Malkin is hurt and how hurt. He does not look himself at all.

Pitt. was lucky to win that game. Philly couldn’t get a bounce and Hart gave up 2 softies.

It shows how hard it is to pick up ground in a playoff race when you’re really behind after New Year. 10 game unbeaten streak and they are playing the team they are chasing tonight. Murray stands on his head and makes 50 saves and now Philly is 8 points back and looking up at Buffalo and Carolina as well.

But Pittsburgh does not look good. Their D is giving up way too many chances and looks leaky as a sieve. Maybe Justin Schultz returns and solidifies things - they miss him badly.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for tonight

Penguins vs Flyers: 1 goal against Murray, no chance. 3 goals against Hart and all 3 are stoppable. First goal he completely lost sight of the puck as Crosby had it and scores an easy goal from almost behind the net. Second goal was identical to the fourth goal the Wild scored on Cory the other day. Wrist shot through his arm and body/hip. And the third one was a clean wrap around that gets stuffed between his legs. All are stoppable goals.

Kings vs Capitals: 6 goals against Quick, 1 stoppable. 4 goals against Copley, 1 stoppable.

Sharks vs Canucks: 2 goals against Jones, no chance on either. 7 goals against DiPietro, 2 stoppable.

So that's 23 goals scored on goalies tonight, 7 are stoppable. That's 30% of goals tonight scored were stoppable. Combined save percentages were .881%.

Reactions: DerekDevils30

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
One observation I've made on Jonathan Quick. He allowed 6 goals tonight and the first goal, scored by Ovechkin was a bad goal. He thought he had it and he clearly didn't. I haven't counted as many poor goals against him as his .899% save percentage might make you think, but I clearly see the problem with his game and it was prevalent in many of the goals tonight, which I did not slash as stoppable. He spends a lot of the game on his ass and swimming around. He's way too overaggressive and looks like he's playing a lot harder than he really needs to. Just overshooting himself across the crease, doing a break dance, doing the splits. I know he's played like this all of his career, which is why I don't consider him a traditional butterfly goaltender. And this just might be a bad and one-off season for him, where he bounces back a bit next year, but he spends a lot of the game on his ass and flopping and swimming around. So I have to believe that there's a lot of goals that go in on him that don't look stoppable, but otherwise are stopped by his teammates, due to to the way they play the position as opposed to the way he does.

You can't say it's the team, non-Quick goalies on the Kings have combined for a .925% save percentage this year in a combined 32 games and a combined 1648 minutes, while he's been an .899% in 29 games and just over 1700 minutes. So he's not even played a full game more this year than the other Kings goalies combined. I don't think it's small sample size that other Kings goalies (outside of Budaj and his 1 start and 2 relief appearances) have outplayed Quick by quite a bit.

In 1576 combined minutes this year and 29 games played (same number of games played, but 125 fewer minutes played than Quick) Calvin Petersen and Jack Campbell have combined for a .929% to Quick's .899%.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
@Bleedred

Safe to say the Sharks are hitting their stride? They were very impressive in Winnipeg earlier this trip and are stringing together wins
I think so. Karlsson has been injured, but I think the Sharks should be beating out Calgary for the division. Jones is still a question mark though. They’re on a roll right now. Shooting percentage is up above league average by quite a bit, but the goaltending is still quite a bit below the league average.

I would like them to avoid Vegas in the first round, but they really should be able to beat Vegas anyway. Winning the division probably avoids that, as Vegas will almost definitely finish in third.

Reactions: DerekDevils30

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Night is young but there's an early sotn entry, Debrincat on Rask just now
I'll never understand how Rask has a .922% save percentage this year. He's been worse on my eyes than Phillipp Grubauer, who is a sub-.890% goalie this year.

And here I've heard for years that Rask has fallen off since 2015 (he's still been above average, but not any better than that) because of Boston's defense getting worse and Chara getting older. If we're gonna start talking defense, I'm starting to think there's an argument to be made that their defense is making him look better.

Halak doesn't look that good either, yet he's got a pretty high save percentage too. He looks not much different from Islanders Halak, only he's not facing 50 shots a night like last year, so he's not getting blown up much.

Halak has looked better on my eyes than Rask though.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
How is COL losing so many games
That's way too easy to answer.

If we weren't a lock to make the playoffs before this year started, neither were they.

And their goaltending has been possibly even worse than ours. They had Hammond last year and let him walks a UFA, which makes the Duchene trade look just a little bit worse. At least they still have Ottawa's pick though.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The Buffalo scoreboard kept malfunctioning tonight, and their goal horn even went off during a pre-game moment of silence.
People had no idea what the hell was happening. I'm now 3-0 in trips to Buffalo this season, a place I love and consider my second home. But the best part about today: catching up with one of my best friends:
20190212_182208.jpg

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for tonight:

Devils vs Blues: 8 goals against Kinkaid, 3 stoppable. 3 goals against Binnington, 1 stoppable.

Blackhawks vs Bruins: 6 goals against Delia, no chance on any. 3 goals against Rask, 2 stoppable.

Islanders vs Sabres: 3 goals against Lehner, 1 stoppable. 1 goal against Ullmark, no chance.

Stars vs Panthers: 2 goals against Luongo, no chance on either. Khudobin gets the shutout.

Capitals vs Blue Jackets: 2 goals against Holtby, 1 stoppable. Bobrovsky gets the shutout.

Hurricanes vs Senators: 1 goal against McElhinney, no chance. 4 goals against Nilsson, no chance on any.

Flames vs Lightning: 6 goals against Rittich, no chance on any. 3 goals against Vasilevskiy, 1 stoppable. There's the market correction for Rittich. He hasn't been nearly as good as his save percentage says he is.

Red Wings vs Predators: 2 goals against Howard, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Rinne, 1 stoppable.

Flyers vs Wild: 4 goals against Stolarz, 1 stoppable. 5 goals against Dubnyk, 1 stoppable.

Rangers vs Jets: 4 goals against Lundqvist, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Hellebuyck, no chance. Could have nailed Lundqvist on another one that squeaks through his arm, but it did so as he was moving across.

Maple Leafs vs Avalanche: 2 goals against Andersen, no chance on either. 4 goals against Varlamov, no chance on any. 1 goal against Grubauer in relief, no chance.

Coyotes vs Golden Knights: 2 goals against Kuemper, 1 stoppable. 4 goals against Fleury, 1 stoppable.

So that's 75 goals scored on goalies tonight, 16 were stoppable. That's a little over 21% of the goals scored tonight were stoppable. Combined save percentages were .895%.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night as called by @mtnet earlier. I agree. This trash goal by DeBrincat on Rask. Hope this isn't a prelude to what happens to Cory on Thursday night.

Reactions: Dialamo and mtnet

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
People had no idea what the hell was happening. I'm now 3-0 in trips to Buffalo this season, a place I love and consider my second home. But the best part about today: catching up with one of my best friends:View attachment 186271

I don’t know sabremike... based on the body language it looks like your Tiger friend may be second guessing that friendship.

Reactions: Dialamo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad