OOT Scoreboard 2018-19 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
@Bleedred i think I may have your softy of the night already. First goal this afternoon against who else but Jake Allen. That one will be hard to beat.
Believe it or, I’m not sure I can give Allen off for that goal. Looks more bad luck than anything. I’ve given goalies off on goals that take a weird bounce off the boards and glass like that, but it’s on a case by case basis and I think it was bad luck on this one.

Goal 2 on Allen was the only goal I think I can nail the goalie on out of the any of the 7 allowed in that game. That was a deflection. A puck that changed direction, but the deflection actually slowed the puck down and just bought him over his glove. It somehow barely misses, but I don’t think it should have.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for tonight

Devils vs Ducks: 5 goals against Schneider, 2 stoppable. 4 goals against Miller, no chance on any. Maybe the fourth was a poor rebound, but I couldn't find much he did wrong on these goals. 1 goal against in relief, no chance.

Canucks vs Blues: 1 goal against Markstrom, no chance. 3 goals against Allen, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Johnson in relief, no chance on any.

Flyers vs Jets: 3 goals against Neuvirth, 2 stoppable. 4 goals against Stolarz in relief, no chance on any. 1 goal against Hellebuyck, no chance.

Bruins vs Senators: 1 goal against Rask, no chance. 2 goals against McKenna, no chance on either.

Canadiens vs Blackhawks: 2 goals against Price, no chance on either. 3 goals against Crawford, no chance on any.

Stars vs Golden Knights: 3 goals against Bishop, 2 stoppable. 2 goals against Fleury, no chance on either.

Flames vs Oilers: 1 goal against Rittich, no chance. Koskinen gets the shutout.

So that's 39 goals scored on goalies tonight, only 7 were stoppable. That's 18% of the goals allowed tonight were stoppable. Pretty low percentage. Combined save percentages tonight were .907%, which is just below the league average of .908%.

Last edited:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night was very hard tonight. There were only 3 candidates. The third goal the Ducks scored on Cory tonight, a deflection but a very slow deflection that just eluded Jake Allen's glove and a 5-hole goal from well out through Ben Bishop's pads. Probably gonna have to go with Bishop's, although there was a slight screen.

So the softy of the night is this William Karlsson goal on Ben Bishop

Reactions: Dialamo

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night might be Lundqvist for that goal he just allowed to McDonagh.

NYb is NYi again for the first time in how many years?

JSD sighting
They just played their first game back there last weekend I think?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for tonight.

Devils vs Sharks: 5 goals against Kinkaid, 2 stoppable. 2 goals against Jones, one top 5 softy of the year.

Penguins vs Islanders: 1 goal against DeSmith, no chance. 1 goal against Lehner, no chance.

Kings vs Red Wings: 3 goals against Quick, 1 stoppable. 1 goal against Howard, no chance.

Rangers vs Lightning: 5 goals against Lundqvist, 2 stoppable. 3 goals against Domingue, no chance on any.

So we had 21 goals scored on goalies tonight, 6 were stoppable, that's just about 29% of the goals scored are stoppable. Combined save percentages were .910%.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Easy softy of the night. If you watched our game, you've already saw it. No contest on this one. It goes to Martin Jones for this pathetic goal allowed to what little remains of Stafford's bone dust.

Reactions: mtnet and Dialamo

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for tonight

Coyotes vs Bruins: 4 goals against Kuemper, no chance on any. 3 goals against Rask, 1 stoppable.

Kings vs Sabres: 4 goals against Petersen, no chance on any. 3 goals against Ullmark, 1 stoppable.

Maple Leafs vs Hurricanes: 1 goal against Andersen, no chance. 4 goals against Mrazek, 1 stoppable.

Canucks vs Blue Jackets: 2 goals against Markstrom, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Korpisalo, 1 stoppable. Probably gonna be softy of the night.

Red Wings vs Capitals: 5 goals against Bernier, 1 stoppable. 1 goal against Howard in relief and it's really stoppable. 2 goals against Holtby, no chance on either.

Panthers vs Blues: 4 goals against Luongo, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Allen, 1 stoppable.

Senators vs Predators: 3 goals against Anderson, no chance on any. 1 goal against Rinne and it's really stoppable.

Canadiens vs Wild: 7 goals against Niemi, 2 stoppable. 1 goal against Dubnyk and it's stoppable.

Blackhawks vs Jets: 5 goals against Ward, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Brossoit, 1 stoppable.

Oilers vs Avalanche: 4 goals against Koskinen, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Varlamov, 2 stoppable. 3 goals against Graubauer in relief, 2 stoppable.

So that's 69 goals scored on goalies tonight, 20 of them are stoppable. That's 29% of the goals scored tonight are stoppable. Combined save percentages are an abysmal .892%. I'm surprised the league average is .908% right now and not something closer to .905%. Maybe tonight brings it down to .907%. It's been in the ,890's% or lower on quite a few nights.

Reactions: DerekDevils30

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night quite easily goes to Joonas Korpisalo, for this really awful game winning goal to Jake Virtanen, with about 100 seconds left in regulation.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I'm really happy for Zach having a bounce back year after all the injury trouble he's been having lately. Been fully healthy so far and playing at a near PPG pace.

Always circle back to this at least once a year, but the ill will I had when he left has dissipated. He got a stupid amount of money to go home, at least he didn't go to a rival. Got to be closer to his family and his father in the final years of his life, so it really ends up being for the best for all parties.

Wish he stayed a Devil forever (but not at that contract :laugh:), but can't fault him for the choice he made.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
philthy just opened up on smith, lit him up 3 times in like maybe 2 minutes?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I will add, one of the goals smith allowed could be in running for sotn
You know, I really wish I kept track of who got softy of the night the most times, because he's definitely leading that too.

He would be leading in soft goals period, but got benched for mostly a week or two or at least relegated to back, and Jake Allen currently has 2 or 3 more and so does Markstrom and Craig Anderson, but these guys also play more than him, so he might lead the league in softies against average/soft goal percentage to goals against.

I didn't even see tonight's, but I believe.

And the goals he allows aren't just stoppable, but are just incredibly horrific.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
You know, I really wish I kept track of who got softy of the night the most times, because he's definitely leading that too.

He would be leading in soft goals period, but got benched for mostly a week or two or at least relegated to back, and Jake Allen currently has 2 or 3 more and so does Markstrom and Craig Anderson, but these guys also play more than him, so he might lead the league in softies against average/soft goal percentage to goals against.

I didn't even see tonight's, but I believe.

And the goals he allows aren't just stoppable, but are just incredibly horrific.

it's pretty awful, by weise (of all people) from top of the circle

lol and coots shg now, not a softy but smith is so rattled right now zacha could put one past him

Last edited:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
it's pretty awful, by weise (of all people) from top of the circle
Just took a look at it. Typical Mike Smith softy. At this rate, they'll be going home early in the playoffs if they start him. Miraculously they're first in the division with that kind of goaltending.

Their coach knows no better. He got to watch Scott Darling play most of his team's games last year. He think this is normal goaltending and happens to everybody.

And on the topic of that game, for some reason it's blacked out for me on center ice, which is annoying. Every once in a while there will be a game that's blacked out like that. And the Flyers broadcast is blacked out a lot on center ice, so that explains that, but not sure why the SportsNet feed is blacked out. I shouldn't even say it's blacked out, because there's not even an available channel for the game right now.

Reactions: mtnet

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
I remember peters called out lack once in a post game in his canes days, something like 'make a f***ing save' :laugh: I can't remember the exact quote but it was something like that

so yeah between ward/darling and little stint by lack he really has seen some bad goaltending in recent years...now gets to watch smith wasting away into the twilight of his career

hah f the flyers
cgy down 5-3 goes empty net and scores with a minute left and then again with 7 secs

Last edited:
Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I remember peters called out lack once in a post game in his canes days, something like 'make a ****ing save' :laugh: I can't remember the exact quote but it was something like that

so yeah between ward/darling and little stint by lack he really has seen some bad goaltending in recent years...now gets to watch smith wasting away into the twilight of his career

hah f the flyers
cgy down 5-3 goes empty net and scores with a minute left and then again with 7 secs
I forgot all about the ''Make a f***in save'' comment about Lack from Peters! :laugh:

I wish I could watch that game. Instead I'm forced to only be able to watch the 2nd period of a boring game between Dallas and Anaheim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad