Ontario Reign 19-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnificent66

Sep 9, 2013
Well it was fun while it lasted.

Vilardi’s 64.7% winning percentage in the faceoff cirkle was a nice sign.

Just dominant in the dot. Pretty cool to watch him put on a clinic there. He was sent down so he can be AHL Playoff Eligible. Whats the word will he be called back up again soon?

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Just dominant in the dot. Pretty cool to watch him put on a clinic there. He was sent down so he can be AHL Playoff Eligible. Whats the word will he be called back up again soon?

They are non-commital. They have a few others they may want to call up instead to give the other prospects a shot.

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
There were some scramble moments in the D-zone against the Oilers for Gabe, where he was trying to figure out who his guy was. It worked out all right, didn't really lead to anything, but the point is that they have some NHL game footage of him that they can break down and have him work on if they want him to get 20+ minutes per night in Ontario. I'd rather have him up, but if they want give Eyssimont or someone a few games I can live with that.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
There were some scramble moments in the D-zone against the Oilers for Gabe, where he was trying to figure out who his guy was. It worked out all right, didn't really lead to anything, but the point is that they have some NHL game footage of him that they can break down and have him work on if they want him to get 20+ minutes per night in Ontario. I'd rather have him up, but if they want give Eyssimont or someone a few games I can live with that.
Im guessing it'll be Anderson, Eyssimont and Toby that get some time

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
Im guessing it'll be Anderson, Eyssimont and Toby that get some time

Yeah, a Dman's got to come up regardless given that we only have 6. Schaller can come back up to be the 13th forward. Although, given that we've got so many home games in the near future we don't actually need anyone to sit in the press box.

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
The other reason they might be non-committal on calling Gabe back up is that we only have 4 standard call ups after the deadline, but we can always use emergency call ups if someone gets injured. So maybe its a simple wait in case someone gets hurt so we can save a call up.

riznat

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2005
Lake Tahoe
I wouldnt mind seeing Brickley as well, keep hearing his play has been outstanding
oh yah? regarding Brickely?

I've seen nothing really, i remember when he was signed and played with Doughty, everyone was excited then I thought he went down to the AHL and has done nothing and shown nothing since. I would love to hear/see that he is actually doing well and has a shot.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
oh yah? regarding Brickely?

I've seen nothing really, i remember when he was signed and played with Doughty, everyone was excited then I thought he went down to the AHL and has done nothing and shown nothing since. I would love to hear/see that he is actually doing well and has a shot.

Brickley, who missed most of the season with injury (believed he had surgery again but not confirmed) looked pretty good in the few games he go into, but hasn't been playing again recently. I don't know if it's related to his injury or coaches choice.

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007

He's baaaaaaaack :)

So this means that 2/4 recalls are going to be allocated for Petersen and Vilardi right??

Probably, they might be able to claim Vilardi as an emergency recall due to whatever's up with Carter....but I don't know if him being injured before Gabe being sent down would negate that. Even if they do use an emergency recall they'd have to convert him to a regular recall once Carter was healthy again anyway so its a moot point unless they plan on shutting Carts down for the rest of the year for some reason.

Reactions: KopitarGOAT420

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
2nd goal was actually a tip by Schaller. Stothers said about 200 people were in attendance. Just sad San Jose.

My goodness that's a crowd alright. I bet it's like that every night they play. How pathetic.

KingsCup1214

Jun 4, 2015
I have got to admit, I was a bit disappointed when the Kings took Bjornfot in the first round (Tomasino was the guy I was hoping for), but he is having a hell of a year. I know it’s the not the greatest stat in the world, but he leads the ENTIRE TEAM in +/- and with the goal tonight is on pace to be the second or third highest scoring 18 year old defenseman in AHL history (will be competing with Seider for 2nd ever behind Sandin). He will likely pass Voynov’s 18 year old scoring, which is not bad for a guy who is not projected to produce much offense at the NHL level.

Dykstra

whiskey jpeg pgt
May 1, 2010
I have got to admit, I was a bit disappointed when the Kings took Bjornfot in the first round (Tomasino was the guy I was hoping for), but he is having a hell of a year. I know it’s the not the greatest stat in the world, but he leads the ENTIRE TEAM in +/- and with the goal tonight is on pace to be the second or third highest scoring 18 year old defenseman in AHL history (will be competing with Seider for 2nd ever behind Sandin). He will likely pass Voynov’s 18 year old scoring, which is not bad for a guy who is not projected to produce much offense at the NHL level.
His point production right now is higher than Seider, which is really impressive taking into account that he wasn't supposed to be an offensive force, just like u pointed out

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Tough game for both goaltenders. Grundstrom really picking up his game playing physical, going to the net, being targeting by other teams, taking the puck to the middle. 12 pts and +7 in his last 8 games. LaDue has been red hot, Clague with 3 assists last night. Sutter with the hat trick, really stepped up and lead the team as it looked early this was going to be just another Tucson slaughter, as the Reign were 0-6-1 going into this game against the Roadrunners. Every game from here on out is like a playoff game for this team. The Reign only have 14 games remaining, and have a very light March/April schedule. Every other team in the division in contention has games in hand on the Reign, so they cannot afford to let many points slip away. It's gonna be a battle, especially as players are called away from the team.

TruKingFan

Two-Time Cup Winner
Aug 16, 2004
Beachfront
Call me crazy and I know he’s UFA but if LaDue finally “gets” what it takes to be in the NHL, I still like him better than Walker. Big IF I know.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad