Ontario Reign 19-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I guess me being critical of a team that finished dead last with barely any NHL prospects on its AHL roster last season was completely unjustified.

It's been a very long time since Ontario was full of young players who have a shot at becoming NHLers. It's about time they finally added a stable of prospects who have potential.

Reactions: BallPointHammer

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I guess me being critical of a team that finished dead last with barely any NHL prospects on its AHL roster last season was completely unjustified.

It's been a very long time since Ontario was full of young players who have a shot at becoming NHLers. It's about time they finally added a stable of prospects who have potential.

It will be a transition year for the Reign, and they should be improved. I would caution those that don't follow the AHL closely though, this is a tough league with a lot of veteran players, and it takes the kids, even with so-called NHL pedigrees sometime to adjust to the speed and strength of the opponent and learn to play with structure, all while playing a longer season with difficult travel that some are not used to (the grind). So don't expect miracles, but if anything this will be a deeper roster talent wise. They will have to replace the offense and goal scoring of Moulson, Amadio and Maillet, no small feet. If the overall team defense improves, this team will be competitive.

Reactions: BallPointHammer

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
The team defense was a huge problem last season for Ontario. They were the worst team in the league defensively and also had the second worst PK unit in the league.

I guess that may be an indication as to why they're carrying 20 defensemen on the roster.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
So it looks like we are down to 32 players.........
John Hoven | The Mayor, @mayorNHL reported;
"First of those thinning moves expected to be announced soon. Look for goaltender Cole Kehler to head out to ECHL.
Should be more to come."

He's also saying look for Bergh and Gottlieb (both on AHL deals) to also be heading out. Nothing announced by the Reign yet. I thought both those guys looked just fine last year in their limited games on a PTO last year, so that may be a good thing (roster is deeper talent wise).

Reactions: Rekingsfan17

Token

May 15, 2019
On LD

Anderson, Brickley, Clague, Phillips

On RD

LaDue, Durzi, Strand

Clague switch-hits.

Chaz and the rest will have to sit or pack to Iowa. Literally the Cornfield.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
On LD

Anderson, Brickley, Clague, Phillips

On RD

LaDue, Durzi, Strand

Clague switch-hits.

Chaz and the rest will have to sit or pack to Iowa. Literally the Cornfield.

I'm still of the opinion that Mikey gets a call up if Bjornfot returns to Sweden.
LaDue can eat a foot long, Chaz just sucks....

Anderson-Durzi
Brickley-Clague
Phillips-Strand
LaDue
Though i think Strand will sit in favor of LaDue while he regains his conditioning

Reactions: Rekingsfan17

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I'm still of the opinion that Mikey gets a call up if Bjornfot returns to Sweden.
LaDue can eat a foot long, Chaz just sucks....

Anderson-Durzi
Brickley-Clague
Phillips-Strand
LaDue
Though i think Strand will sit in favor of LaDue while he regains his conditioning

LaDue will play. Unrealistic to think he won't, in fact, he'll likely be on the first pairing. The Stothers blender will likely be active, but I suspect something close to:

Anderson-LaDue
Brickley-Clague
Stanton-Durzi or Strand
Phillips, Reddekopp extras for now.

Reactions: lumbergh

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Forwards guess

Kempe-AndersonDolan-Luff
Eyssimont-Kupari-Frk
Bouma-Prokhorkin-Rempal

If my math was correct, Reign can only dress 5 vets each night (since our development vet players Frk and Prokhorkin have both played over 320 pro games) instead of the max of 6, and Sutter the captain will play. So I'm not sure how he's going to rotate players through, but Sutter can play C and LW. Vets per AHL designation of games played (if KHL games count, it says pro games in North America and European Elite leagues) are Kempe, Frk, Bouma, Prokhorkin and Stanton, along with Sutter. If Prokhorkin is either called up or leaves for the KHL when his EAC is available to him, the Vet issue will be no longer.

4th line guys are a combo of Morrison (LW), Sodergran (LW/RW), Rymsha (C), Imama (LW) and Doty (RW). Is suspect Sodergran could see time up and down the line ups on the wings depending upon his effectiveness.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
LaDue will play. Unrealistic to think he won't, in fact, he'll likely be on the first pairing. The Stothers blender will likely be active, but I suspect something close to:

Anderson-LaDue
Brickley-Clague
Stanton-Durzi or Strand
Phillips, Reddekopp extras for now.
I'll be surprised if he's onthe top pairing with as bad and as rusty as he's looked.. Which is why I slotted him on the 3rd pairing while sitting Strand

DK46

Jun 21, 2012
Hanwell, NB
Hi Kings fans...

Just curious about Vilardi. Was he at training camp or has he even been skating yet? Any updates?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
giphy.gif

member 88115

I thinking something like
Kempe-JAD-Luff
Eyssimont-Kupari-Frk
Sodergran-Prokhorkin-Rempal
Imama-Sutter-Bouma

LaDue-Strand
Anderson-Durzi (Ontario played them together in the last preseason game and LA probably see them as the future 2nd pairing.)
Phillips-Clague

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad