Ontario Reign 19-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
If he (Clague) can't make it as a D, can he be converted to wing?
Who knows, Nicolas Deslauriers did.

Its remarkable that most players of Ontario are picking up points.

From Durzi (16th) with 12 points to Eyssimont (2nd) with 24 points. Just 12 points difference.

Injuries and call ups aside.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Who knows, Nicolas Deslauriers did.

Its remarkable that most players of Ontario are picking up points.

From Durzi (16th) with 12 points to Eyssimont (2nd) with 24 points. Just 12 points difference.

Injuries and call ups aside.
Nic is the guy I would sign to replace Cliffy...

KopitarGOAT420

Jan 30, 2020
USA
Nic is the guy I would sign to replace Cliffy...

Am I the only one content with MacDermid as the Cliffy replacement?? Yes he plays D, but he can still fill that role. In today's NHL you don't really need more than one guy like that on your team. MacDermid is already one of the best in the league as a fighter/tough guy and his game is surprisingly very solid.

Just re-sign him as the 6th/7th d-man and let him beat the wheels off Deslauriers again next year. Problem solved?

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Am I the only one content with MacDermid as the Cliffy replacement?? Yes he plays D, but he can still fill that role. In today's NHL you don't really need more than one guy like that on your team. MacDermid is already one of the best in the league as a fighter/tough guy and his game is surprisingly very solid.

Just re-sign him as the 6th/7th d-man and let him beat the wheels off Deslauriers again next year. Problem solved?
Having a guy that can play a heavy, physical, punishing game is what our fourth line needs... Outside of Mac we have zero toughness

Reactions: KopitarGOAT420

BallPointHammer

Los Angeles Kings - We're Back!
Oct 25, 2006
Maryland

MacD is a keeper! As a d-man and an enforcer. Hell, put an "A" on his jersey for is work ethic, dedication to improving his game and presence on the ice. Replacing Clifford with MacD allows the continuance of the same traits and values the Kings want in their players. Finding a young forward "MacD" would add a lot to the teams identity.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
MacD is a keeper! As a d-man and an enforcer. Hell, put an "A" on his jersey for is work ethic, dedication to improving his game and presence on the ice. Replacing Clifford with MacD allows the continuance of the same traits and values the Kings want in their players. Finding a young forward "MacD" would add a lot to the teams identity.

The problem is MacDermid will only suit up on D against certain opponents. It would be nice to have a skilled player in the forward ranks that could keep opponents honest.

Reactions: BallPointHammer

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Reign beat Stockton 6-3 on the road to remain in 4th place, the last playoff spot. Reign are 9-1-1 in their last 11 games. Unfortunately AHL live kept cutting out tonight, so I'm not sure we'll get highlights. Vilardi was put on the 3rd line and was scoreless. I don't think Stothers was too happy with his effort last game, getting some tough love. Villalta improves to 8-3-1 as a starter, not bad kid. Not bad at all.

Nickster

Hockey is coming
Sponsor
Nov 5, 2017
Inland Empire
It seemed like Vilardi had significantly less TOI tonight. ZERO team power plays tonight. Reign had 3 PKs. So all scoring was 5x5 or EN. Gabe was definitely limited tonight. I had the same connection problems with AHL TV, ended up watching on PC. At least with PC site I was able to go back and watch the parts that I missed using the 15 playback button. The ROKU app would just fail and not ever get reconnected without restarting.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

KopitarGOAT420

Jan 30, 2020
USA

The Reign are 10-1-1 in their last 12 games. Vilardi 4 goals, 7 assists, +11 in his last 7 games. Poulin with a solid game in net. Eyssimont with 4 pts.

What a play by Bjornfot starting at 2:55 too. Blocks the shot, wins the puck from 2 defenders, uses his skating to get up the ice, then perfectly dishes the puck to Bouma for a grade A scoring chance.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
What a play by Bjornfot starting at 2:55 too. Blocks the shot, wins the puck from 2 defenders, uses his skating to get up the ice, then perfectly dishes the puck to Bouma for a grade A scoring chance.
bad luck the puck wasn't laying down on that or else he could've done more, really nice play

super impressed by the vilardi assists too, the strip from behind and the play where he cut across the middle then found eyssimont's tape trailing. very kopitar-esque assists

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007

The Reign are 10-1-1 in their last 12 games. Vilardi 4 goals, 7 assists, +11 in his last 7 games. Poulin with a solid game in net. Eyssimont with 4 pts.

The last goal was a beauty just a great passing play and Vilardi's second assist was all hustle. This team is young but play hard and a lot more entertaining then the Varsity team.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Does Mikey Eyssimont become a decent bottom 6er? Still young at 23 and numbers are increasing. Not saying he's amazing, but maybe he's a good 4th line option.

He's improving as a pro, but I've always said I don't see the NHL in his future. I give him full credit for improving significantly this season, and I think he's likely earned a 2nd NHL contract this June. He needs 12 pts in his last 19 games to reach 40 pts (doubling last years numbers). I said at the start of the season he would need to do that to get a qualifying offer. He plays with a bit of an edge, but often takes it too far (I call him the slasher) as he takes a ton of slashing penalties, often ill-advised. His skating is pretty average. One area he has improved a lot in my eyes is dishing the puck. Previously, he would get the puck and basically just look at one option, trying to get a shot on the net without looking at other options (passing to a teammate with a better opportunity to the net, getting the puck deep etc). He's thinking the game a bit faster now and just reacting instead of trying to do too much, and it's paying off on the score sheet. He has a decent wrist shot. He's also battling Crohn's disease, which is another obstacle but seems to be handling things well. Now, if he gets another contract (he'll be 24 next season), and starts to hit the 50-60 pt range in the AHL, then he may get a look, but right now I'll stick to my guns and said he developing into a solid pro player, but it will be at the AHL level.

The one player I think that may not receive a qualifying offer in June that I thought at the start of the season was a shoe-in is Sheldon Rempal. He's had a very poor season, although to his credit the last month he's finally coming around (at the same time as the team in general). I'm gonna call it 50/50 at this point that he's qualified in June. He'll be 25 next season. Maybe he gets a one year deal, I would think Eyssimont might get two if re-signed. But my feeling overall is Blake is starting to clear house of these players taking up room on the 50 man roster. Likely Reddekopp, Kehler and Imama (who has also improved as a pro) will be cut.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Eyssimont's got an uphill battle but he's got a bit of skill. Could still put it all together.

Clauge's defense is still just so...hands off, lol.

Bjornfot is a beauty.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
With everyone healthy on the Reign blueline, they have the following set pairs in place.

Bjornfot-LaDue
Anderson-Clague

the other 2 pairs rotate every other game

Stanton-Durzi
Brickley-Strand

Working out well so far, just not enough playing time for the bottom 4.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
With everyone healthy on the Reign blueline, they have the following set pairs in place.

Bjornfot-LaDue
Anderson-Clague

the other 2 pairs rotate every other game

Stanton-Durzi
Brickley-Strand

Working out well so far, just not enough playing time for the bottom 4.
Stanton and LaDue will be gone next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad