Ontario Reign 19-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
Hults signed over the weekend to his 2 year ELC. He will be in the mix on Ontario's blueline.

I'm predicting Moverare to make LA's roster. He's a LD that plays a more SAH style, who played big minutes for a good Swedish team. Could be wrong, we'll see.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Hults signed over the weekend to his 2 year ELC. He will be in the mix on Ontario's blueline.

I'm predicting Moverare to make LA's roster. He's a LD that plays a more SAH style, who played big minutes for a good Swedish team. Could be wrong, we'll see.
Brickley-Clague
Hults-Durzi
Moverare-Strand

both Mikey and Toby stay with big club and Kale shifts to the RHD role. If Brickley fails to remain healthy again, he'll be cut looser and Phillips will take his place.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas

Brickley-Clague
Hults-Durzi
Moverare-Strand

both Mikey and Toby stay with big club and Kale shifts to the RHD role. If Brickley fails to remain healthy again, he'll be cut looser and Phillips will take his place.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Brickley-Clague
Hults-Durzi
Moverare-Strand

LaDue will be a significant loss to this group. I would not be surprised if they signed a AHL vet again. Durzi/Strand rotated last year, neither took the reigns (pun intended). Kale really isn't shifting, he played nearly every game from the right side last season. They may look decent on paper, but a lot of young players often = a several month adjustment period for the new players. We saw that again last year and they started playing better in late January after a significant mid season slump.

Reactions: TruKingFan

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Samuel Fagemo - Alex Turcotte - Matt Luff
Rasmus Kupari - Tyler Madden - Akil Thomas
Aiden Dudas - Jaret Anderson-Dolan - Johan Sodergran
Veteran - Eyssimont - Veteran

Daniel Brickley - Kale Clague
Jacob Moverare - Sean Durzi
Markus Phillips - Austin Strand

Matt Villalta - Jacob Ingham

Thats a damn loaded team.. lets hope we get the season started on time and these kids gel quickly

It's loaded with potential, but I'll remind everyone how difficult this league is for new players. It's a big step. Eyssimont earned at a 2nd or 3rd line LW spot, he doesn't play center. I would expect Thomas and Kupari will swap wings there. Dudas likely the 4th line C if JAD doesn't make the Kings. Sodergran is really a 4th liner grinder unless he makes strides. A shame Kaliyev can't be in this group. I hope they sign Ingham. Will Sutter return for his last hurrah? Vets in the locker room are huge at this level. This team will need a couple of them. Let's hope Kupari is fully healed. I hope the C experiment ends with the addition of new talent. RW would suit him well.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
It's loaded with potential, but I'll remind everyone how difficult this league is for new players. It's a big step. Eyssimont earned at a 2nd or 3rd line LW spot, he doesn't play center. I would expect Thomas and Kupari will swap wings there. Dudas likely the 4th line C if JAD doesn't make the Kings. Sodergran is really a 4th liner grinder unless he makes strides. A shame Kaliyev can't be in this group. I hope they sign Ingham. Will Sutter return for his last hurrah? Vets in the locker room are huge at this level. This team will need a couple of them. Let's hope Kupari is fully healed. I hope the C experiment ends with the addition of new talent. RW would suit him well.
Much like this last group, it'll take time to gel but early in the season i'd be looking at individual performances rather than overall team play which would likely be lacking while they adjust.
I put JAD as the 3C becuase with Alex & Tyler in Ontario thats where he'd rank. I also dont think JAD sticks with the Kings, he still has to work on his game and get much stronger physically as he was underwhelming during his call up. As for Eyssimont, I just stuck him out there because I couldnt think of another center. It is a shame neither Kaliyev nor Shafigullin are here but they be worth the wait when they finally arrive

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Much like this last group, it'll take time to gel but early in the season i'd be looking at individual performances rather than overall team play which would likely be lacking while they adjust.
I put JAD as the 3C becuase with Alex & Tyler in Ontario thats where he'd rank. I also dont think JAD sticks with the Kings, he still has to work on his game and get much stronger physically as he was underwhelming during his call up. As for Eyssimont, I just stuck him out there because I couldnt think of another center. It is a shame neither Kaliyev nor Shafigullin are here but they be worth the wait when they finally arrive

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Your other center is Dudas. Pretty solid down the middle, albeit very young, with Turcotte, Madden, JAD and Dudas. Thomas and Kupari are also options. Should be fun.

Vino

Mar 19, 2006
Finland
Your other center is Dudas. Pretty solid down the middle, albeit very young, with Turcotte, Madden, JAD and Dudas. Thomas and Kupari are also options. Should be fun.

Not only very young, but also very small.

Sodergran is really a 4th liner grinder unless he makes strides.

In my mind Sodergran was totally misused and he is a better prospect than Rempal or Eyssimont.

LW Sodergran - C Madden - RW Fagemo (grinder - playmaker - shooter)

Will Stothers come back? Hopefully not.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Not only very young, but also very small.

In my mind Sodergran was totally misused and he is a better prospect than Rempal or Eyssimont.

LW Sodergran - C Madden - RW Fagemo (grinder - playmaker - shooter)

Will Stothers come back? Hopefully not.

I don't see Sodergran any higher than a 3rd or 4th line LW at the AHL level, unless somehow his puck skills improve dramatically. I'm not saying he can't improve, but he's been a grinder on team Sweden, and he's a grinder here. I like his size. If he can be a decent shutdown guy on the 3rd line it would be an improvement. He was given an opportunity to play on the higher lines out of the gate last year, he earned his way to the bottom. I guess you don't like Stothers, the players love this guy. They'd go through a wall for him.

Sybil227

Jun 16, 2004
Santa Clarita
I know nothing. Having said that, it seem like a good hire. My view is Stothers was less developmental and more 'learn to play the way the Kings want to play' so they could step from the AHL to the NHL. Not that he wasn't helping development, but it was a different focus. Now they're shifting more towards helping our young crop develop their individual game. More teaching, more adjusting to the speed, size, and skill of the NHL. That's my take.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I guess those concerns some had of nepotism and the organization only looking to hire former Kings can be dispelled (for now). So Modry won’t be returning as an assistant in Ontario but Chris Hajt will remain.

Yep, this hire will shut me right up. Well done, Kings org.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad