Pre-Game Talk: Oilers VS Jets -Oiler fly home for 48 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duder54

Maybe the solution is to play JP with Draisaitl? 2 Birds with 1 stone. I dont see the risk because its not likely Draisaitl has chemistry with Yamamoto.

Yeah, the slow start by Draisaitl only seems to be compounded by the linemates he has. Lucic is hitting, but is visibly the slowest player on the ice at any given time.

I'd personally like to see Khaira / Draisaitl / Puljujärvi together at some point here - I have a feeling they'd work well together.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
I agree hes mediocre. I thought I had heard that players like playing with Gulutzan. It doesnt seem like the players like to play for TM. Maybe thats the only positive.

I'm fine with whomever can break the dump and chase habit, put players in positions to succeed and get this team to play the uptempo style we were promised.

Reactions: FlameChampion

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
As an idiom, it doesn't mean that at all. It means making the most of an opportunity ("make hay while the sun shines".)

As for the rest: where's the lie? That line needs to produce and your tactic of blaming everything on the 20 year old with 12 game sunder his belt will only go so far.

My take was playful. Just thought it was funny, and said so, that it was used when the root meaning is, literally, "making hay" which is inherently a team effort, an effort of a collective and NOT of an individual.

Its just laziness of thought from Stauffer who would compare an egg to a rock. A person can use any comparative reference. Its humorous he picked the one he did. he countered himself. No rebuttal required.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The funny thing is LD is a point per game, RNH and Lucic are on pace for 50 points. How much more production is reasonable to expect out of those three? I don't disagree that at times some guys aren't looking good, bu those 3 are still producing the way you'd want.

TM wasn't wrong when he said our bottom 6 need to be better, but at some point that also should include Rattie and KY who are next in ice-time with only 1 point combined.

Klef as well needs to be better. The guy has one less missed shot than he does on net.

Basically 4 players on this team have produced much of anything. We know who they are. Nobody else has got it done. I would say outside of those Rattie and Rieder have had some moments. But not enough.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
TBH, given our depth (or lack thereof) on defence, we NEED Benning to play and play well. Hopefully he learned from watching the game up high - if not, we're in for a long night.

Can learn to be a NHL Dman by watching one game from the press box. He simply doesn’t have any aspect of his game that plays at a NHL level.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
atleast Big Buff is out tonight

That's good news. We toyed with the rest of the Jets D in preseason. Not sure how much that means though..

The way to beat the Jets is to possess the puck in offensive zone. To create there. To get established there. Makes Jets play in own end and they fold. Allow Jets to own the puck and its a foregone conclusion.

Reactions: nabob

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
My only hope is that Bouchard is banged up or bagged from traveling around the world in the last 7 days. Throw Benning in there to give him a rest and then leave him in once he is recovered. Only rationale thing I can think of.

Decision probably not based in rationality though.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Yeah, the slow start by Draisaitl only seems to be compounded by the linemates he has. Lucic is hitting, but is visibly the slowest player on the ice at any given time.

I'd personally like to see Khaira / Draisaitl / Puljujärvi together at some point here - I have a feeling they'd work well together.

Khaira has been pretty quiet this year. Not really doing much in bottomsix but then again Pulju isn't either. Of course either would look a lot better with Drai as Center but of the bottomsix Rieder has earned some time with Drai.

Reactions: Oilhawks

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
That's good news. We toyed with the rest of the Jets D in preseason. Not sure how much that means though..

The way to beat the Jets is to possess the puck in offensive zone. To create there. To get established there. Makes Jets play in own end and they fold. Allow Jets to own the puck and its a foregone conclusion.

Sadly we will play some more dump and chase hockey and play right into the Jets gameplan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad