Pre-Game Talk: Oilers VS Jets -Oiler fly home for 48 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
If I remember correctly, Ehlers was an Oiler killer. He has 0 points so far.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Gultuzan cant be any worse but I agree ... coaches are rarely hired from outside the organization, during the season. And the way they set up the coaching staff it seems inevitable that Gulutzan will take over from TM if hes fired. Season already seems like a loss, I hope I am wrong.

I’d fire McLellan and go off the board and install Viveiros as interim head coach. We already know who Gulutzan is as a coach, maybe we need someone with a different perspective.

Soul8

Jan 20, 2018
embracing losing is why we have been a terrible team for over a decade.

I question that a bit. When a person can recognize clear deficiencies in how a team is coached, like the oilers, I also hope for 1 of 2 things to happen, either the team struggle enough to replae the coach, or for the coach to magically figure out what works. Problem here is, Tmac has pretty much consistently shown, as well as said last year that he doesn't have the answer.

If Tmac can turn this team, around (QUICKLY) than good for him, but if he can't (QUICKLY), cut bait and lets give someone else an opportunity. From my perspective he isn't even utilizing all of his assistant coaches properly. I have seen enough to see a trend. I don't think Tmac has much time left, and if he turns this team around, I will admit I was wrong, and do so happily.

Reactions: PulYou

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Now even Stauffer is saying Drai needs to “significantly elevate his play”.

Sorry, no idea how to embed tweets.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I’d fire McLellan and go off the board and install Viveiros as interim head coach. We already know who Gulutzan is as a coach, maybe we need someone with a different perspective.

Yeah I am not saying I would hire Gultuzan, I am just saying that its most likely. I personally dont really understand the hire. I understood Vivieros and Yawney, Gultuzan seems redundant to me.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Let me help You.

Its funny when a journalist will unintendedly use phrasing that counters their very own statement.

In this, Drai needs to make hay, but the specific use of that term, in agriculture, implies a group effort in which its all about team work, and cooperation and everybody helping, to bring it in just when its ready.

But Drai is going to make bales of hay all on his own. ok....

The funniest thing is Stauffer is considered an idiot here 7 days a week but when he says something about Draisaitl its cited as some sort of evidence..

Don't pick and choose. Either you respect the mans opinion or not. (not saying you), but figuratively, to the board.

Reactions: PulYou

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Its funny when a journalist will unintendedly use phrasing that counters their very own statement.

In this, Drai needs to make hay, but the specific use of that term, in agriculture, implies a group effort in which its all about team work, and cooperation and everybody helping, to bring it in just when its ready.

The funniest thing is Stauffer is considered an idiot here 7 days a week but when he says something about Draisaitl its cited as some sort of evidence..

Don't pick and choose. Either you respect the mans opinion or not. (not saying you), but figuratively, to the board.

Drai has been extremely underwhelming. End of story. Hell, Drai amusingly remarked before season started he's typically slow starter and knows he needs to get up to speed ASAP

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Gultuzan cant be any worse but I agree ... coaches are rarely hired from outside the organization, during the season. And the way they set up the coaching staff it seems inevitable that Gulutzan will take over from TM if hes fired. Season already seems like a loss, I hope I am wrong.

I dunno, GG's pretty mediocre too and has a lot of the same knocks (favouring vets, a terrible PP) as T-Mac.

Granted, there's big issues with the roster that no coach could fix, so if they can the coach, they should probably do the same for the other guy.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015

don't shoot the messenger, bro.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006

As an idiom, it doesn't mean that at all. It means making the most of an opportunity ("make hay while the sun shines".)

As for the rest: where's the lie? That line needs to produce and your tactic of blaming everything on the 20 year old with 12 game sunder his belt will only go so far.

Reactions: TB12

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Drai looks like he went to 10 Oktoberfests and then came back to play. Lazy, uninspired, and slow. I would give him maybe a 5/10 so far.

The guy above him brings it 110% every game. Wish everybody has Connor's drive on this team.

Reactions: McBeastMode

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Drai has been extremely underwhelming. End of story. Hell, Drai amusingly remarked before season started he's typically slow starter and knows he needs to get up to speed ASAP

Yeah, but some people are just more responsible, and take more responsibility. Part of what makes them excel. For instance the most self critical players on this team would be McD, Drai, Talbot, in no particular order. Just tells me what their expectations are. The players anybody should worry about are the ones that never make that kind of statement and instead say things like "I think I played really well" all the time.

On the Eskimos Mike Reilly is the one you hear taking responsibility every week. Its just that leaders do this.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I dunno, GG's pretty mediocre too and has a lot of the same knocks (favouring vets, a terrible PP) as T-Mac.

Granted, there's big issues with the roster that no coach could fix, so if they can the coach, they should probably do the same for the other guy.

I agree hes mediocre. I thought I had heard that players like playing with Gulutzan. It doesnt seem like the players like to play for TM. Maybe thats the only positive.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
The funny thing is LD is a point per game, RNH and Lucic are on pace for 50 points. How much more production is reasonable to expect out of those three? I don't disagree that at times some guys aren't looking good, bu those 3 are still producing the way you'd want.

TM wasn't wrong when he said our bottom 6 need to be better, but at some point that also should include Rattie and KY who are next in ice-time with only 1 point combined.

Klef as well needs to be better. The guy has one less missed shot than he does on net.

Reactions: nabob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad