Pre-Game Talk: Oilers VS Flames

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
McDavid woke up this morning with visions of his first game against Calgary dancing in his head.. rubbed his hands together.. looked in the mirror.. and said 'lets do this'. :)

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
We all know what happened last time the Flames were making threats against the Oilers on behalf of the Flames players. *Insert picture of Nurse lighting up Smith here*

Haha, right before I read your post, I just read a Flame fan wanting someone to make Nurse pay for his actions against Andersson. Isn't that what Smith did? :sarcasm::laugh:

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
McDavid woke up this morning with visions of his first game against Calgary dancing in his head.. rubbed his hands together.. looked in the mirror.. and said 'lets do this'. :)

Then checked his phone, saw 17 text messages from Messier, and went back to bed.

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
Better dress gazdic as we don't want one of our top d (nurse) getting goated during our 6-3 victory !

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE
Nothing sweeter than putting the final nail in the Flames coffin.. out of the playoffs before November 1st. Now they can suffer like we used to... except they also have to suffer watching McDavid :laugh:

I would love to watch the Flames continue to overachieve as a team with poor underlying metrics. Now we may have to watch them get Auston Matthews.

Eytinge

Jul 25, 2009
Don't take the Flames for granted. Come out and play like you're facing the Blackhawks, and the results will speak for themselves.

McChucky

TOPPEP
Jul 15, 2007
YEG
Good feeling about this one. Flames got drubbed last night and they are mentally fragile in addition to having the worst goaltending in the NHL.

Score early, score often.

BTW, Flames fans are advocating a brawl to start the game off and/or running McDavid.

Try to take a run at McDavid.....he'll just make you look dumb and cost you a goal.

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
What's going on with Fayne ? Is he injured somewhat ? I think he's a good steady d.....

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
What I want to say: "The Flames are more likely to get a tie than a win tonight."

But these are the types of games that the last 9 years have conditioned us to dread. I think the Oilers can and should pull this one off but I still find it a little difficult to be too confident about it.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
This is the first individual game I've ever put money on. Hopefully I didn't jinx anything!

These are the games the oilers would come out and get destroyed in in past years.... lets not let that happen this year. The Flames are ripe for the picking, and we need to win these games 100%.
If we can't beat the teams higher up in the standings, we sure as hell better be able to take teams like this to school.

Go oil!

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
I hope we crush them. I mean absolutely embarrass them. With that being said, I'll take a victory.

There should be no excuses from our team either. They are playing their 5th game in 7 nights, on the second night of a back to back. This is a team that is absolutely struggling.

Outwork them, play harder and play smarter and we should have a victory in the bag. Best D in the NHL and all. Don't take part, take over.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Our d looks bad tonight but they managed to excel last game. Hopefully we carry Reinhart as well and run 7 d

Narnia

Mar 1, 2002
Surrey, BC
picasaweb.google.com
Good feeling about this one. Flames got drubbed last night and they are mentally fragile in addition to having the worst goaltending in the NHL.

Score early, score often.

BTW, Flames fans are advocating a brawl to start the game off and/or running McDavid.
Think the NHL needs to intervene because garbage like that even if it's just Flames fans saying that is unacceptable.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
So are the 2 clowns Johnson and Romanuk going to bash the Oilers all game again while praising the Flames like 2 Saturdays ago?

Aw, ****. I forgot about those idiots. Time for another embarrassing, bushleague, broadcast.

Think the NHL needs to intervene because garbage like that even if it's just Flames fans saying that is unacceptable.

Are you saying the NHL needs to intervene on a bunch of knucklehead fans on a message board who want to see some fights? :skeptic:

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
I really don't mind if they dress an extra dman and double shift players like McDavid and Hall in the 12th forward position. Also gives the coach more options to give more minutes to the dmen who are playing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad