Pre-Game Talk: Oilers VS Flames

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I'll predict 4-1 oilers

*ref banks the puck in with a fluid kicking motion and points at the back of the net*

Last edited:

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
To give you an idea of how poor this Flames team is, compare them to our tire fire 2014-2015 Oilers.

The Flames are currently 2-8-1 in their first 11 games. 22 GF and 46 GA.

Tire fire Oilers were 4-6-1 in their first 11 games. 29 GF and 43 GA.

That team ended up having a horrific 62 point season.

No excuses tonight.

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
it looks like its randorf and simpson tonight.

Oh sweet merciful god... I can stomach Johnson, but I never want to hear Romanuk call an Oilers game again. And for anyone claiming that the last game he called WAS fair and unbiased, and I'm biased towards the Oilers home broadcast team, I say screw that. Last game, I thought the Canadiens broadcast (John Bartlett did play-by-play I think) was excellent.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
To give you an idea of how poor this Flames team is, compare them to our tire fire 2014-2015 Oilers.

The Flames are currently 2-8-1 in their first 11 games. 22 GF and 46 GA.

Tire fire Oilers were 4-6-1 in their first 11 games. 29 GF and 43 GA.

That team ended up having a horrific 62 point season.

No excuses tonight.

At least we had Eakins as an excuse. What's theirs?

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
ToeDrag83 signed up to do today's GDT but it's after noon and it isn't up yet. So if someone else wants to make one, feel free.

488fitter

May 25, 2010
Edmonton
ToeDrag83 signed up to do today's GDT but it's after noon and it isn't up yet. So if someone else wants to make one, feel free.

I could probably whip up something in the next hour. Or if someone wants to start one they can just add what I make when it's done.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Are you saying the NHL needs to intervene on a bunch of knucklehead fans on a message board who want to see some fights? :skeptic:

Calgary has a history of this behaviour though... Literally attacking unprovoked and unannounced off the draw.

Most recently
http://youtu.be/hV1KfUNCYIQ

And of course
Damn.... Can't find it but a number of years ago they totally accosted the ducks off the draw without warning.

Though I doubt the flames would do it or the NHL would get involved because the fans are calling for it.

Just saying the Flames as a team can lack class or manliness in a big way

Last edited:

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Calgary has a history of this behaviour though... Literally attacking unprovoked and unannounced of the opening draw.

I guess, but how does fan pining have anything to do with the team and league intervention? Should they send a rep to the Flames head office to make sure no shenanigans happen tonight because johnnygoodtimes6 said to pound the Oilers?

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
I could probably whip up something in the next hour. Or if someone wants to start one they can just add what I make when it's done.

Sounds great. Thx Fitter.

If you want to, you could start up the thread as a placeholder and edit the 1st post when you are done. That way no one else will try to start one up.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
We all know what happened last time the Flames were making threats against the Oilers on behalf of the Flames players. *Insert picture of Nurse lighting up Smith here*

giphy.gif

snag

Feb 22, 2014
I guess, but how does fan pining have anything to do with the team and league intervention? Should they send a rep to the Flames head office to make sure no shenanigans happen tonight because johnnygoodtimes6 said to pound the Oilers?

As I added to my post (forums via browser on a phone sux) I don't think it does.

But Calgary does have a history of this sort of buffoonery and wouldn't put it past them.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Flames fans are talking tough? :laugh:

I hope Sam Bennett takes a run at Nurse tonight, and then Nurse tunes him in.

Speaking of Nurse, I fully expect him to look like the best D on the ice tonight - on either team.

He might make the odd mistake due to inexperience, but he is a superior athlete to everybody on the Flames backend. He's simply bigger, stronger, faster, tougher than anybody they have ...

... and he doesn't turn 21 until February. :yo:

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
As I added to my post (forums via browser on a phone sux) I don't think it does.

But Calgary does have a history of this sort of buffoonery and wouldn't put it past them.

Calgary has a history of this behaviour though... Literally attacking unprovoked and unannounced off the draw.

Most recently
http://youtu.be/hV1KfUNCYIQ

And of course
Damn.... Can't find it but a number of years ago they totally accosted the ducks off the draw without warning.

Though I doubt the flames would do it or the NHL would get involved because the fans are calling for it.

Just saying the Flames as a team can lack class or manliness in a big way

Oh for sure. They're a bunch of dbags no doubt, but I took issue with Narnia saying the league should take action because some fans wanted blood. Maybe she worded it incorrectly though.

Narnia

Mar 1, 2002
Surrey, BC
picasaweb.google.com
Don't forget who the Flames coach is. Remember when Hartley was coach in Colorado and he put all his goons on the ice the last minute of the game. Hartley's teams have a history of gooning it up.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Don't forget who the Flames coach is. Remember when Hartley was coach in Colorado and he put all his goons on the ice the last minute of the game. Hartley's teams have a history of gooning it up.

They do indeed. He's a turd of a coach, and if the Flames want to dance, we'll ****in' dance with 'em.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
for the gamblers on this site, I have a question

Is this the first game this year that the oilers would be the favourite to win?

Yup I believe so. I picked them to win tonight with my sport select ticket and I usually don't bet on the Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad