Pre-Game Talk: Oilers VS Flames

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDeathbyCheerios*

lol that fans of a club with the pint sized Johnny Gaudreau would be advocating anything like that.

Wouldn't surprise me with a Flames club though. I half expected they would try to fight the Habs in 3rd period yesterday.
A shame Hendricks and Klink are out. If they want to try and fight us to start the game we just counter with a starting lineup of

Gazdic - Hendricks - Klink
Nurse - Gryba

I don't think they could physically handle that in a line brawl lol

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
Wouldn't surprise me with a Flames club though. I half expected they would try to fight the Habs in 3rd period yesterday.

That heart that it takes to do something like that and feed off it, that the flames used to have, they don't have anymore. They'd be hard pressed to find 5 guys willing to brawl this season, let alone come away from it feeling invigorated.

Reality has set in for their players, their fans will slowly follow.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
That heart that it takes to do something like that and feed off it, that the flames used to have, they don't have anymore. They'd be hard pressed to find 5 guys willing to brawl this season, let alone come away from it feeling invigorated.

Reality has set in for their players, their fans will slowly follow.

I think you nailed it. I'm not seeing the buy in this year like last season where a dozen flames had career best seasons. (Which flames fans would argue incessantly about) It should be so obvious in retrospect that most of these guys are never going to match what they did last season. This year without outworking opposition the Flames look devoid of talent. They can barely string passes together. Really this Flames club reminds me a lot of the Oilers in say 1994. Not in a good way. A team half baked in need of a lot of help.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Calgary is offensively starved and looking bad defensively and playing their 5th in 7 and on the second half of a back to back, after getting stomped by a team that we didn't allow a goal from in the later 2 periods.

Our guys are motivated and are high spirited. Huge win here.

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
I think you nailed it. I'm not seeing the buy in this year like last season where a dozen flames had career best seasons. (Which flames fans would argue incessantly about) It should be so obvious in retrospect that most of these guys are never going to match what they did last season. This year without outworking opposition the Flames look devoid of talent. They can barely string passes together. Really this Flames club reminds me a lot of the Oilers in say 1994. Not in a good way. A team half baked in need of a lot of help.

What are you talking about man. Haven't you heard? They are on an accelerated rebuild and have almost finished it..

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Pretty pumped that if the flames want to fight they will have to answer to either Nurse or Gazdic and then be left to a 4 on 4 with McD.

Yep, if they want to brawl, we got some guys who are more than willing to oblige them. Hell, McDavid should drop the gloves with little Johnny. Would be fun to watch McDavid pound his face in.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Please Hockey Gods let us step on their necks!! Allow McDavid to dance on them in a ****ed up way!!

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Flames got whipped last night so they'll be hungry tonight. I forecast a loss unfortunately. 5-2

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Pakman at center? I guess Lander is in the dog house. I would have preferred Purcell bumped down to the 4th line.

Sounds like Korpikoski might be out and Slepyshev is in, so that would mean Slepyshev, Pakarainen, Purcell.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Flames sputtering?
McDavid surging?
HNIC?
On home ice?

Definitely losing this one.

That was before the McDavid Era :)

I suspect the Oil to come out hard tonight. I don't see a blow out but I do see the Oilers pulling through.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
A clean regulation win = doubling the Flames in the standings.. Lets get it done!

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
That was before the McDavid Era :)

I suspect the Oil to come out hard tonight. I don't see a blow out but I do see the Oilers pulling through.

Me too. These are the games that they know they should win; and these are the games that they know will give them a bit of a cushion for when they play the big teams like St. Louis, Nashville, and LA. In the distance they see Philadelphia and Pittsburgh--both winnable games, and if they win those they are 500, which is not great but certainly puts them into the position of making leaps toward playoff contention. What's more, right around that time Eberle and Hendricks will be back, which will be a huge shot in the arm.

But it all start with this game, which means that tonight is hugely important for the Oilers. No more steps back.

McDeathbyCheerios*

I would absolutely love for the following to happen.

McDavid hattrick.
Nurse sends Hamilton flying
Draisaitl outworks Bennet and scores

Red Deer Rebel

Apr 7, 2008
Red Deer
Flames fans are talking tough? :laugh:

I hope Sam Bennett takes a run at Nurse tonight, and then Nurse tunes him in.

Speaking of Nurse, I fully expect him to look like the best D on the ice tonight - on either team.

He might make the odd mistake due to inexperience, but he is a superior athlete to everybody on the Flames backend. He's simply bigger, stronger, faster, tougher than anybody they have ...

... and he doesn't turn 21 until February. :yo:

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Flames fans are talking tough? :laugh:

I hope Sam Bennett takes a run at Nurse tonight, and then Nurse tunes him in.

Speaking of Nurse, I fully expect him to look like the best D on the ice tonight - on either team.

He might make the odd mistake due to inexperience, but he is a superior athlete to everybody on the Flames backend. He's simply bigger, stronger, faster, tougher than anybody they have ...

... and he doesn't turn 21 until February. :yo:

We all know what happened last time the Flames were making threats against the Oilers on behalf of the Flames players. *Insert picture of Nurse lighting up Smith here*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad