Are we in Canada paranoid about 2026 or should we not be worried?

Nucks2001

Jul 6, 2023
I don't think the gap is huge between those players at all.
What is Matthews better at than McDavid other than goal scoring?

What is Eichel better at than MacKinnon aside from a slightly nicer shot?

What is Hughes better at than Makar?

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
What is Matthews better at than McDavid other than goal scoring?

What is Eichel better at than MacKinnon aside from a slightly nicer shot?

What is Hughes better at than Makar?
you think the best goal scorer in the game, a big incredibly skilled star centre and one of the best offensive d-men in the league constitutes a group that is hugely apart in ability from Mcdavid Mackinnon and Makar? I won't even go into the rest of the potential lineups for both teams.

All I can say is I think you're dead wrong. You can keep arguing it but it won't change my mind, that U.S team is going to be incredibly tough to take out and you will see that soon enough.

Mark my words.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
you think the best goal scorer in the game, a big incredibly skilled star centre and one of the best offensive d-men in the league constitutes a group that is hugely apart in ability from Mcdavid Mackinnon and Makar? I won't even go into the rest of the potential lineups for both teams.

All I can say is I think you're dead wrong. You can keep arguing it but it won't change my mind, that U.S team is going to be incredibly tough to take out and you will see that soon enough.

Mark my words.
I think any team can beat any other team in the top 6, no problem. The skill gap is relatively small all around. Every game will hard to win.

Reactions: jj cale

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Canada is hands down the best country at hockey. Our top end is in a league of its own. I do see these like all star teams
If built correctly there's gonna be a heavy d man in the form of a McNabb, Nurse, Carlo, Manson, Oleksiak, Parayko etc that people are going to lose their minds about. But a necessary player. Same with up front there should be some heavy hard fast checkers like Bennett, Lowry, Wilson, Cirelly, Kadri, Hagel, Foligno in 4th line roles. Not a bunch but one or 2.
^^ Certainly food for thought. ^^

I like your approach to bringing the Michael Pecca types - someone who can check the other team's best player to death. If we have learned nothing from the Playoff Leafs, if you put someone on Matthews and make his life tough, he will disappear.

I believe MacKinnon, McDavid and Makar are in a different League because, even if you put someone on them, you can't slow them down. Sid may fall into that category as well - certainly when he was young. Marner does not.

Last edited:

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
A quick O.T / aside...

Matthews may NOT play tomorrow night because he is not feeling well. LOL! Leaf players are a different breed.

Remember when Ronnie Lott cut off his finger to play?

Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
^^ Certainly food for thought. ^^

I like your approach to bringing the Michael Pecca types - someone who can check the other team's best player to death. If we have learned nothing from the Playoff Leafs, if you put someone on Matthews and make his life tough, he will disappear.

I believe MacKinnon, McDavid and Makar are in a different League because, even if you put someone on them, you can't slow them down. Sid may fall into that category as well - certainly when he was young. Marner does not.
A player I forgot is Konecny. He plays a fast hard, competitive feisty 200 ft game. He could find a place on the team. Skill to play with elite players but can get dirty too.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Wyattt Johnston is Dallas's best player - except for Oettinger.

Stankoven will be a wonderful 4th liner - Best on Best.

Last edited:

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
What pleases me most about the YOUNG players we are producing...

They are not just a bunch of kids who can score, they are complete 200 foot players - and at such a young age.

Wyatt Johnston, Seth Jarvis, Robert Thomas, Cole Sillinger, Logan Stankoven are the type of players that help you win Best on Best.

Last edited:

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Wyatt Johnston is an absolute BEAST ! Dallas would be gone long ago without this 20 year old kid. WOW!

Add Seth Jarvis and his 4th goal and I cannot wait to see these kids "Best On Best".

P.S. Unlike Auston Matthews, LAF is PPG in the playoffs!

Last edited:

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Your singing of his praises is looking correct, he can play.
He is FANTASTIC at 20. WOW!

Add Logan Stankoven and Mavrik Bourque and Canada will have an ALL Dallas Stars 2028 Best On Best 4th line. Sub in Seth Jarvis and they may be ready in 2026.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
2026 Olympics / 2028 World Cup...

Top (Pick) 6 : MacKinnon, McDavid, Hyman, Bedard, Point, Wyatt Johnston, Reinhart, Verhaeghe, Celebrini, LAF, McKenna, Jake Neighbours.

Bottom (Pick) 6 : Travis Konecny, Seth Jarvis, Robert Thomas, Cole Sillinger, Logan Stankoven, Quinton Byfield, Sidney Crosby and yes, Mitch Marner (yuck!) and Nick Suzuki (double yuck)

NO country can touch that.

Paranoid wow
I don't have a worry in the world
With your good looks and charm, you have NOTHING to worry about.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Maple Leaf

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
On the off chance that anyone thinks Nurse should be on Team Canada... check out his performance, tonight.

CLEAR THE FLIPPING PUCK !!!!!!

Reactions: David Suzuki

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Forwards are stacked. Defence is alright, but luckily have the best d-man on earth. Goalies are absolute shit.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Binnington is at the Worlds and it is important for him to be there as he has a chance to start in 26 for Canada. We have to hope someone is playing well at that time.

Reactions: ORRFForever

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
The good for Canada is that MacK, McD and Makar is hard to match up against. That is as good a start as anyone can possibly have (Matthews, Eichel and Hughes?).

The more good is that Bedard should be a cemented stud by then too.

The bad for Canada is that Makar probably isn't going as that court case seems years away.
If Makar doesn't go I boycott and protest. Which will suck for me as I live in Europe and have easy access to tickets through work.

Guy getting suspended for something that happened in a country he wasn't even present in, is total shit. He should sue in that eventuality.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad