Pre-Game Talk: Oilers VS Flames

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
It can go either way. Even the best teams with the best of circumstances aren't more than 80-20 - and we aren't the best of teams.

A win at this point would be huge, but I'm not giving up on the season if they lose. It's October.

Wewillrise

Jul 25, 2015
I haven't really been following the Flames, but I was wondering how the guy that invented hockey was doing.

I've watched the majority of their games and they have so many problems. Their biggest problem isn't goaltending its their offence. They have yet to have any major success with their D contributing to the offence and until they do they will continue to flounder.

I hope Mclellan plays McD line against the Jonny line honestly so that any turnovers are devastating. Ramo isn't handling any sort of pressure well this year and the spot light will be on him 100% again tonight. If the Oil play defence like they have vs LA, Minny and for the most part Montreal we will come out on top.

I predict a 6-3 final with McD getting his first hatty.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Prepare for the "Ghosts of Flames wins at Rexall Past" to be exorcized by Talbot tonight (presuming he starts). Fitting mask for the occasion.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Safe to say we will see Nilsson start tonight? He unveiled these amazing new orange pads yesterday that are obviously complimemts to the new Jersey. I can't wait to see that combo together.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Worst nightmare is to have the Flames win the lettery. Best dream is for them to pick the wrong guy and for us to get a great player picking low.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
I think the Oilers come out tonight and have a mega 1st period.

I have a feeling this game will rival October 7th, 2010 in terms of epic Oilers beatdown over the Flames.

This is the highlights of the 1st period of that game.

Last edited:

McDeathbyCheerios*

I think the Oilers come out tonight and have a mega 1st period.

I have a feeling this game will rival October 7th, 2010 in terms of epic Oilers beatdown over the Flames
I think the Montreal game woke them up. Showed them that if they even take 5 minutes off they can completely fall apart.

That and it's HNIC. McDavid will play lights out. Nurse seems to have an affinity for getting under Hartley's skin.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Seems like we are keeping the d pairings from last game.

Pakarainen centering Korpi and Purcell and Lander centers Letetsu and Gazdic.

Seems like McLellan liked what he saw and doesn't want to shake it up.

That's horrible news for Fayne, hope this wakes him up or he gets traded.

Also Nurse is our #1 d right now, who knew!

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Good feeling about this one. Flames got drubbed last night and they are mentally fragile in addition to having the worst goaltending in the NHL.

Score early, score often.

BTW, Flames fans are advocating a brawl to start the game off and/or running McDavid.

Classy as always.

Maybe they want Nurse to kick the **** out of another Flame, yes?

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I'm far from projecting the playoffs for the Oilers, but keeping pace with the lower seeds is the absolute most important thing that can happen for the Oilers this year.

The hockey needs to stay somewhat relevant.

Gotcha. Yep, I agree with this.

Hoping for a big Oilers win.

8-2 oilers. :amazed:

McDeathbyCheerios*

Gotcha. Yep, I agree with this.

Hoping for a big Oilers win.

8-2 oilers. :amazed:
Looking at our d lines you would expect to get wrecked however for some reason, they played confidently and Montreal couldn't do anything.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Good feeling about this one. Flames got drubbed last night and they are mentally fragile in addition to having the worst goaltending in the NHL.

Score early, score often.

BTW, Flames fans are advocating a brawl to start the game off and/or running McDavid.

lol that fans of a club with the pint sized Johnny Gaudreau would be advocating anything like that.

Wouldn't surprise me with a Flames club though. I half expected they would try to fight the Habs in 3rd period yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad