GDT: Oilers vs. Brandon Manning - Kitsches get Stitches, The Grudge Match 7:00PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

bzur

Feb 11, 2007
Looking forward to a game! I'm also a Flyers fan, have been my whole hockey life so 2 games a year I cheer against the Oil, so I apologize now. "Worst case scenario" for me tonight Oilers win again like last game I went to. (And secretly, but not vocally I'll be hoping they do again)

I'll be the guy getting beaked for wearing a Chris pronger flyers jersey! Should be a fun one!

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
I could care less if anyone fights Manning, I'd rather see a few flyers get blown up with big/dirty hits. Let them pick the retaliatory fights.

bombers15

5-14-6-1
Mar 17, 2008
Be tough with Manning but stay out of the box. Giroux is useless 5-on-5, so don't give him that PP.

I smell a win.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Looking forward to a game! I'm also a Flyers fan, have been my whole hockey life so 2 games a year I cheer against the Oil, so I apologize now. "Worst case scenario" for me tonight Oilers win again like last game I went to. (And secretly, but not vocally I'll be hoping they do again)

I'll be the guy getting beaked for wearing a Chris pronger flyers jersey! Should be a fun one!

Don't be sorry at all. I'm in the same boat...have been since the Oil joined the league. I'd rather see the Oil win, but it won't break my heart if Philly wins.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
I don't see anything wrong with McDavid fighting. Especially in a game like this. He's the captain.

totally disagree with you.

so what if he's the captain. his role isn't to lead the team by a useless fight. I hope he never gets into a fight. the risk would always be greater than the reward.

I see so many things wrong with him fighting.

a guy at work is going to the game tonight. will be his first ever live hockey game of any kind. you wouldn't believe how excited he is right now. hope the oilers win for him, if for no other reason.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I would actually like to see McDavid catch Manning with a hit when he's going full speed, I feel like that might be the hardest hit we've ever seen.

Musashi

May 23, 2012
Alberta
I could care less about the Manning drama. I just hope we bring our physical game and make sure the focus is on getting the 2pts. Nothing else matters.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
I sure hope the Oilers care a hell of a lot less about replacement level defender Brandon Manning than this board does.

Just win the game.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
854252.gif

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
Flyers dominated last night (I was at the game).

I suspect they will be flying tonight to try and get the win. Oilers better show up.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013

I suspect they will be flying tonight to try and get the win. Oilers better show up.

hopefully they were tired out trying to push for that tying goal.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

It was the Flames, the Flyers don't defend well, Oilers fans really shouldn't be that worried. They go out an roll them over.

Kerricthebig

Jovial Imbecile
Nov 9, 2011
I present this GDT with the most prestigious of trophies

A1-horse-rear-award-trophy-sample-1.jpg

Alright. I'm done horsing around now.

KneeOnKnee

Jun 14, 2007
Alberta
I do hope that they come out flat like they did against Calgary, I mean they had a 5 on 3 and philly didn't seem to have a clue how to score or show any intensity. But I am pretty sure they are gonna get up for the game against McDavid and the Oilers. That in itself sickens me because they should just hand us the 2 points like they did against the flames by mailing the game in.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
I really hope we win tonight. I know we have a bit of a playoff cushion, but the oilers have blown some seriously cushioned leads in the past. Every win puts me at ease a little more.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Oh yeah, I'm no fan. I just found it odd/funny how she's getting more heat than Manning. :laugh:

I don't care if it makes me a neanderthal. Manning should get punched in the face if the opportunity arises.

Listen to McDavids interview after the last game, I'd love to see Kassian drop that ****ing clown if the opportunity is there. Winning the game obviously comes first, but it brings a team together to go after an enemy and bloody him up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00