GDT: Oilers vs. Brandon Manning - Kitsches get Stitches, The Grudge Match 7:00PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grey Poupon*

Cashmere Thoughts
Nov 25, 2016
Charlestown, MA

extralarge.png
extralarge.png

[30-19-8 (3rd Pacific)] --vs—[27-23-7 (5th Metropolitan)]

[fieldset=GAME DAY INFORMATION]Game Day: 02-16-2017
Game Time: 7:00pm MST
Radio: 630 Ched
TV: Sportsnet West
[/fieldset]

[Fieldset=OILERS PROJECTED LINEUP]

extralarge.png

Patrick Maroon – Connor McDavid – Jordan Eberle
Milan Lucic – Leon Draisaitl – Anton Slepyshev
Drake Caggiula – Ryan Nugent-Hopkins – Zack Kassian
Matt Hendricks – Mark Letestu – Iiro Pakarinen

Andrej Sekera – Matthew Benning
Oscar Klefbom – Adam Larsson
Brandon Davidson – Eric Gryba

Cameron Talbot
Laurent Broissoit
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=FLYERS PROJECTED LINEUP]

extralarge.png

Brayden Schenn – Claude Grioux – Wayne Simmonds
Jordan Weal – Sean Couturier – Jakub Voracek
Michael Raffl – Nick Cousins – Matt Read
Chris VandeVelde - Pierre-Édouard Bellemare – Dale Weise

Ivan Provorov – Andrew MacDonald
Mark Streit – Shayne Gostisbehere
Brandon Manning – Radko Gudas

Steve Mason
Michal Neuvirth

[/fieldset]

[fieldset=NEWS AND NOTES]- Matheson: Oilers Game Day vs Philadelphia Flyers
- Connor McDavid says Brandon Manning admitted intent
- Matheson: Snapshots: Oilers vs. Flyers
- Oil on Whyte: Edmonton Oilers Trade Targets - Michal Neuvirth
- Other Side: Will Manning-McDavid feud escalate as Flyers face Oilers?
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=MEDIA]

[/fieldset]

[fieldset=AFTERNOON UPDATES TO GDT]PATTY MAROON - THE "MEATS"

“I think our MEAT’s strong. We can go… we can go up against any team.”

“If it gets physical here, like you said, we have the MEAT in here.”

“I do say it like a joke, but we’ve got some BIG UNITS in here.”

SACRIFICIAL LAMB SPEAKS - "Please don't hurt me, please"

“It’s not something I really think about…everyone kind of had some words last game. I think everyone is professional. The points are just as important to them as to us. I’ll handle on the ice, whatever happens. I was a little disappointed in with the comments of Connor the last game. That kind of bothered me. Where I come from, what happens on the ice stays on the ice. He said it’s done, we’re out here to play the hockey game … whatever happens, happens".

Manning was asked if he told McDavid he did it (hit in 2015) on purpose.

“No. Definitely not Never would. That’s not who I am. Anyone around me can vouch for that. I was pretty confused when it started. When he’s starting the second period and he’s telling me from centre ice to come on the ice, that’s something I haven’t seen in a long time. I was pretty confused by it, and disappointed with the comments after the game of being a classless hockey player. Anyone who knows me, or has been around me, (knows) that’s not my game and that’s not who I am"

Source: Mr. Gregor
[/fieldset]

maroon.gif

EQqHrId.gif

Last edited:

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I voiced my opinion on revenge seeking in the pre-game thread so I wont go into it more.

All I'll say is McDavid better keep his gloves glued to his hands and not do something stupid and fight cause he's still angry.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Was wondering about this thread on the mains.. :laugh:
2 pts. for the Oil is every that matters tonight..

duul

Jun 21, 2010
I voiced my opinion on revenge seeking in the pre-game thread so I wont go into it more.

All I'll say is McDavid better keep his gloves glued to his hands and not do something stupid and fight cause he's still angry.

I don't see anything wrong with McDavid fighting. Especially in a game like this. He's the captain.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
If he actually dresses, the simplest thing to do is have someone finish him quite hard with a slightly late hit. Also run the score up if that is possible. Embarrass the Flyers thoroughly.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
Nothing will happen. Can't imagine a #6 d man making remarks for the sole purpose of getting under the Oilers skin will work. It ****ing better not.

If anything McDavid will come out flying. That being said, if the Flyers or Manning try anything, I believe it will turn into a gong show pretty quick.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
I don't see anything wrong with McDavid fighting. Especially in a game like this. He's the captain.

You don't see anything wrong with McDavid fighting?

Let's go back to him in junior breaking his hand. Or Hall the one year breaking his ankle.

There is literally NOTHING to be gained by McDavid fighting. We have Kassian Maroon and Lucic for this sole reason.

I would literally cry if McDavid got in a fight and hurt himself over some scrub d man running his mouth.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
You don't see anything wrong with McDavid fighting?

Let's go back to him in junior breaking his hand. Or Hall the one year breaking his ankle.

There is literally NOTHING to be gained by McDavid fighting. We have Kassian Maroon and Lucic for this sole reason.

I would literally cry if McDavid got in a fight and hurt himself over some scrub d man running his mouth.

preeeettty sure he was joking

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
Hey guys, big Manning fan here from the Philly boards. I think this feud is way overblown, but I'm sure the place will be rocking tonight. I do expect someone to challenge Mandog in the first five minutes. Let's have the fight, then move on and hopefully see an exciting, solid game the rest of the night.

FYI...don't be surprised if Hakstol scratches Manning for Del Zotto tonight.

djdub

This Space for Rent
Oct 1, 2011
Calgary, AB
When is Zack Kassian going to get a shot with Connor?

The guy has been on fire lately and this is a great game to have Zack on his line.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Hey guys, big Manning fan here from the Philly boards. I think this feud is way overblown, but I'm sure the place will be rocking tonight. I do expect someone to challenge Mandog in the first five minutes. Let's have the fight, then move on and hopefully see an exciting, solid game the rest of the night.

Most of us are over Manning at this point, it's just the OP...

I just want the Oilers to win, I don't really care if anyone fights. The best way the Oilers can hurt the Flyers is on the scoreboard.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015

I'd love to see him and Kassian fight early then be done with it. Move on after, I'm a big proponent of the code.

Even amongst those that want the revenge the most (i.e. guys like me :laugh:), above all we'd rather win the hockey game and see a good game. It's been hard to feel good about our team the past decade, seeing a team play with passion is something we've been begging to see for the past number of years.

Hopefully we see an intense game tonight. Oh yeah, sorry about that stupid main board thread by OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad